I Have Never.......

Raylenth

I have never... watched any of the Saw movies.

With so many fans of the movies around... I feel guilty right now. So I should watch them in the near future.

Saw a bit of one a few years back - hyperdermic needles *Winces even remembering it*

I spoke to someone I knew about it and said what I made of what I saw, she looked at it from a very different viewpoint that the subtext was "Morality". How its about about Morality which I guess made sense and saw me watch another of them.

The first Saw (and indeed Final Destination) had a great concept behind them but like pretty much EVERY horror franchise (TCM, Halloween, ANOES, FT13...) this becomes diluted in favour of dumbing down and more OTT kills.

I think Saw held its concept well until Leigh Whannell stopped writing them around number 3

The first Saw (and indeed Final Destination) had a great concept behind them but like pretty much EVERY horror franchise (TCM, Halloween, ANOES, FT13...) this becomes diluted in favour of dumbing down and more OTT kills.

I think Saw held its concept well until Leigh Whannell stopped writing them around number 3

Personally I found it predictable (in my humble opinion); I could see within 5 minutes of watching the 2nd the way they were going but then again most horror movies fall into the same routine. That said: Aliens, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, The Wicker Tree and The Evil Dead 2 were an exception to this.

Personally I found it predictable (in my humble opinion); I could see within 5 minutes of watching the 2nd the way they were going but then again most horror movies fall into the same routine. That said: Aliens, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, The Wicker Tree and The Evil Dead 2 were an exception to this.

I think the main difference after Leigh Whannell stopped writing them was that, in fairness, the main antagonist changed, which took the story in a slightly different direction. I still maintain that unlike some movie franchises, it remained good and gripping throughout all seven films. And unlike Final Destination, they didn't resort to repeating themselves. ;)

I think the main difference after Leigh Whannell stopped writing them was that, in fairness, the main antagonist changed, which took the story in a slightly different direction. I still maintain that unlike some movie franchises, it remained good and gripping throughout all seven films. And unlike Final Destination, they didn't resort to repeating themselves. ;)

Well we shall agree to disagree on that; as the films went on they became worse and worse (but then again there aren't many continual franchises that maintain a high level seven films in - Harry Potter being the possible exception). And as I said in my first post the first Final Destination (like the first Saw) was a bar setter but after that it became tedious.

I have never physically or verbally abused a transport worker but the little imaginary TFL and over ground train staff in my mind are getting a right kicking after this morning!

Whilst I was a user of public transport I would happily thank the driver out loud but curse him/her in my mind. Some are nutcase drivers and that is why I am glad I drive everywhere. Being mildly disabled is more comfortable when I am driving rather than someone who has probably watched the F1 GP the night before

I have never dared make much noise in a library-- I feel guilty when I so much as cough. So I'm absolutely amazed and appalled by the people in my local library (where I am at this moment, stealing free wifi) who seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to have loud conversations with each other in outdoor voices, bring in food and drink (two women are actually talking and eating something really fragrant in rustling paper bags as I type this), answer their phones which never seem to be set to silent when they ring, or worse, use their phones to watch things or listen to music. And the best part? I've been coming here for over a year and not once have I ever seen a single member of staff confront anyone about their behavior. When I come here to read I usually give up and leave after a few minutes because it's impossible to concentrate. I don't mind so much when children are in the play area and they're the ones being loud, they're kids. But come on, grown people, when did libraries stop being peaceful? :(

I have never missed being shushed as much as I do now...

• Like 1

I have never dared make much noise in a library-- I feel guilty when I so much as cough. So I'm absolutely amazed and appalled by the people in my local library (where I am at this moment, stealing free wifi) who seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to have loud conversations with each other in outdoor voices, bring in food and drink (two women are actually talking and eating something really fragrant in rustling paper bags as I type this), answer their phones which never seem to be set to silent when they ring, or worse, use their phones to watch things or listen to music. And the best part? I've been coming here for over a year and not once have I ever seen a single member of staff confront anyone about their behavior. When I come here to read I usually give up and leave after a few minutes because it's impossible to concentrate. I don't mind so much when children are in the play area and they're the ones being loud, they're kids. But come on, grown people, when did libraries stop being peaceful? :(

I have never missed being shushed as much as I do now...

There was a time when a good glare would make people be quiet. These days they'd be more likely to punch you in the face.