INDIANA JONES - Mr. Spielberg/Harrison reuniting :)

KingRichard76

That's funny, cause this is exactly why I had an issue with the Aliens. It went against the structure of the supernatural themes for me. The Holy Grail and all that other mystic stuff - worked for me. But the Aliens, that was not Indiana Jones, that was X Files. Mind you, not that I dislike X Files. But I like my Mulder with Aliens and my Indiana Jones with Fedora, thank you very much. :lol:

I agree with you about the whole jungle bit. :uhoh:

Stop giving me mental images! :firedevil:

I'm still not over the Indiana Jones 4 ending and you are giving me ideas that are 100 times worse!

I must be the only person fine with the aliens!!

At the moment it almost looks like it.

I managed to ignore the fridge, trying to chalk it up as a tongue in cheek moment that just went wrong for me personally. But after that it seriously went downhill - jungle scene *cough cough*. The ending went totally against the tone and the spirit of the other movies in my eyes.

There was crazy stuff in all of the Indy films. Nazis were melted in the first film. Voodoo in Temple of Doom. In Last Crusade with the Holy Grail someone is vaped into dust. So surviving in a fridge and then the aliens is in line with out of this world stuff from all films. And they were in Warehouse 51 which is a direct reference to Area 51. I find it all within the tongue in cheek themes of Indy films.

Yes, but this "crazy stuff" was all due to something supernatural. Aliens as a reason just don't fit in for me.

I'm not saying it is a bad movie, don't get me wrong. A bad movie for me is something everyone hates, and it is obvious even this version has supporters.

It's not WrongName's p word or other movies I won't actually go near either. :P But it is the weakest of the Indiana Jones movies for me and by far my least favorite.

I'm not saying it is a bad movie, don't get me wrong. A bad movie for me is something everyone hates, and it is obvious even this version has supporters.

It's not WrongName's p word or other movies I won't actually go near either. :P But it is the weakest of the Indiana Jones movies for me and by far my least favorite.

I reckon WrongName will be there on opening night for Ghostbusters reboot
Most likely, yes. I am a huge Ghostbusters fan and as much as the 2 trailers and script leak are terrible, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover (or a movie by it's trailer). Although I really can't see it being any good at all. And I know, you were going for a 'Wrong Name fancies Mellisa Macarthy' joke. Very funny.

Ford is too old for Indy. I don't want the memory of him being tarnished by seeing him as an old man (again). But Disney know they can get Ford and Speilberg so why not, they'll make millions...and that is what the studio system is about.

The general consensus was that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was largely unfavorable with the cinema going public.

* Just simply a bad story.

* Shia LaBeouf swinging with monkeys - very cartooney.

* Son of Indy - oh please...

* The fridge - its not the fridge itself but rather the fact that the bomb conveniently blasted Indy safely away from the danger zone.

* The gophers - again cartooney and adorable.

* Marion - she drives a Humvee. That's it.

* CGI effects - ants, monkeys, gophers etc. Practical effects are far easier to appreciate.

* Aliens - the previous films were set in a supernatural world of the Bible but aliens are another world (quite literally) all together. PS. How would you feel if aliens turned up in a new Ghostbusters film or POTC or Harry Potter?? Aliens were never a part of those film's universes.

Yes, supernatural things went down in the previous Indy films but that was how the series was originally set up. It was always like that. And the characters never relied on luck or animals to save the day.

Edited by nicky

Most likely, yes. I am a huge Ghostbusters fan and as much as the 2 trailers and script leak are terrible, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover (or a movie by it's trailer). Although I really can't see it being any good at all. And I know, you were going for a 'Wrong Name fancies Mellisa Macarthy' joke. Very funny.

and here lies my problem and I don't mean with you personally but something I have noticed generally speaking...

people seem to have made their mind up on Ghostbusters already, hell, they had as soon as the project was announced. Regardless of what it is actually like, they think it will suck so that is what they will expect to see so they go in not giving it a chance... "I don't like this or that or her, I will give it a chance but not really"

and here lies my problem and I don't mean with you personally but something I have noticed generally speaking...

people seem to have made their mind up on Ghostbusters already, hell, they had as soon as the project was announced. Regardless of what it is actually like, they think it will suck so that is what they will expect to see so they go in not giving it a chance... "I don't like this or that or her, I will give it a chance but not really"

I know what you mean. There is good reason for this though. The original Ghostbusters had a certain dry sense of humour to it. Although it was a comedy, a lot of the time it felt almost like a real world setting, with the characters chatting and ripping on each other like I would with my friends. Now, admittedly we are are only going by a 2 min trailer, but a trailer is used to give a general view of the tone of a movie and this was all wrong. The reason it was judged even before that was generally down to Paul Feig being chosen as director and the cast as well. When you hear Feig and Macarthy are teaming up, you know what type of movie it's going to be. It'll be The Heat, Spy and Bridesmaids. I'm not saying they're bad films, not to my taste at all, but they are slapstick/toilet humour type films (I know there was some of that in the original but not as in your face as this). For me, and many others, this is the wrong type of humour for this movie and as such the wrong director and cast. Personally I don't think it needed a reboot and with Harold Ramis sadly gone, it probably should have been left completely alone. Someone needs to tell Hollywood to start making original films again, not everything needs to be rebooted. Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

Well, back on topic out of respect to the King who started it, I am a big fan of ALL of the wonderful Indiana Jones films and respect the personal opinions of the other posters. I will definitely see this film at the cinema and all I can say is bring on the batsh*t crazy antics of Indy & Son. It would be nice to have all 3 generations in the film, but somehow I doubt that will happen. Looking forward to more Nazis, voodoo, supernatural and even other worldly stuff.

Bring it on. Fedora at the ready.

That would be kind of hard unless they retcon the fourth movie or venture into the ghost genre... Indy senior was dead when Indy met Mutt.

• Like 1