INDIANA JONES - Mr. Spielberg/Harrison reuniting :)

KingRichard76

I'd be lying if I said there weren't tears of sadness right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/indiana-jones-steven-spielberg-harrison-ford-reuniting-1201730532/

THis is just frickin EPIC off the scale awesomne news :)

• Like 1

I'd be lying if I said there weren't tears of sadness right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/indiana-jones-steven-spielberg-harrison-ford-reuniting-1201730532/

THis is just frickin EPIC off the scale awesomne news :)

This has been rumoured for several months. Nice to see it confirmed

• Like 1

Let's just hope that Harrison is actually playing Indy and not a cameo as a random person with Mellisa Macarthy as the new Indiana Jones!

Sorry, I'm still a bit bitter about something else! This is good news and I hope they sort out the issues from the last film.

• Like 2

Let's just hope that Harrison is actually playing Indy and not a cameo as a random person with Mellisa Macarthy as the new Indiana Jones!

Sorry, I'm still a bit bitter about something else! This is good news and I hope they sort out the issues from the last film.

What were the issues with the last film?

To be quite honest, the stuff with the inder-dimentional beings wasn't great but didn't annoy me that much. The issues I had, were mainly Shia Labeouf. He is just bad. Especially him swinging through the trees.

To be quite honest, the stuff with the inder-dimentional beings wasn't great but didn't annoy me that much. The issues I had, were mainly Shia Labeouf. He is just bad. Especially him swinging through the trees.

Not quite up to Chewbacca's Tarzan impression in Return of the Jedi.

Edited by Iceman71
  • Like 1

As with any film or show, it is down to personal taste. I found the film was in keeping with the tongue in cheekness of the previous ones.

Of course, and I pleased for you that you did enjoy it. One of the main things I was worried about before hand was whether or not Harrison would still seem like Indy from the old films or not as he is now a lot older and I was pleased that, to me at least, he did! As I say, some other actors/characters and plot points (including fridges!) were not to my liking, but I still think it could have been worse. Melissa Macarthy worse (no, no, I must not go there!!)

I think we just found out WrongName's P word. :P

I was going to go on a little rant, but am controlling myself as this thread is about Indy and it's news I'm happy to hear. I also kept a calm response so not scare people in the thread about a certain trailer released last week that is an utter abomination and goes against everything that had come before STOP STOP, I'm not going there!

Stop giving me mental images! :firedevil:

I'm still not over the Indiana Jones 4 ending and you are giving me ideas that are 100 times worse!

I must be the only person fine with the aliens!!

At the moment it almost looks like it.

I managed to ignore the fridge, trying to chalk it up as a tongue in cheek moment that just went wrong for me personally. But after that it seriously went downhill - jungle scene *cough cough*. The ending went totally against the tone and the spirit of the other movies in my eyes.

When I first found out about this, I just HAD to make a reaction video, had no idea I went on for just over seven minutes, but it kinda shows how enthusiastic I am for this new movie and the four previous ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVHpOKnW5tg

I must admit I've really defended the fourth Indy movie because as a cinemagoer I fully enjoyed it.

* The first reveal of Indy (His silouhette as he lifts up the Fedora)

* The gopher at the start(Not to everyones liking*

* The fridge scene. I honestly don't know what people have issues with this for, if anything it shows Indy for who he is, THE action hero who gets himself into messes and out of them in a memorable way- lets not forget Indy, Willie and Short Round leaping out of a plane aboard a rubber dinghy, how it freefalled at several miles an hour then goes over a frickin cliff narrowly missing trees etc, and NO broken bones etc? Being dragged behind a truck- anyways I liked the fridge scene.

* Aliens? Interesting plot device

* Mutt------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Marion :) It was awesome to see Karen back and the repartee between the two.

* The wonderful nods to Henry Jones Snr and Marcus.

* The scene where Indy and Mutt are on the motorbike in the library and skid across the floor then Tom Hanks son asks a question, Indy as casual as you like answers.

ANd of course the Romantic in me couldn't help but gush at the end scene. :)

Will be interesting to see if they bring back Marion for the fifth as I feel the two of them have such great chemistry and it could really work, whatever they do you can bet any money that Mr. Spielberg, Harrison, George, Frank and Kathy will look at how the 4th went down and see how best to serve fans.

I also wonder IF they'll do... The unthinkable and DEFINITELY make this the last one, if SOMETHING happens that makes it so there'll be no more... Look what happened with ANOTHER well known Harrison role. Mind you, Indiana Jones will never be dead.

I'm still not over the Indiana Jones 4 ending and you are giving me ideas that are 100 times worse!

I can't say I overly enjoyed the film myself but I didn't have an issue with the aliens given the supernatural/god themes of the previous films.

I can't say I overly enjoyed the film myself but I didn't have an issue with the aliens given the supernatural/god themes of the previous films.

That's funny, cause this is exactly why I had an issue with the Aliens. It went against the structure of the supernatural themes for me. The Holy Grail and all that other mystic stuff - worked for me. But the Aliens, that was not Indiana Jones, that was X Files. Mind you, not that I dislike X Files. But I like my Mulder with Aliens and my Indiana Jones with Fedora, thank you very much. :lol:

• Like 2