Showmasters Crew

I just wanted to take the time to thank all of the Showmasters crew for their help in getting me through the autograph queues and photo shoots. In particular the lovely guy who knew I was concerned about missing Chris Judge's 12pm photo shoot because there was a delay in Robert Englund coming back from his talk. Thank you so very much!!

I was told that as I was on a mobility scooter that I'd be allowed up front to save tailbacks. This wasn't always the case, but it doesn't matter as everything went smoothly anyway.

Thank you for arranging these events and as much as I can see a need to move to a bigger venue, I hope you can stay at Braehead as it's easy for me to hire a scooter. Should you move to say SECC or Hydro, I'm not sure I could hire a scooter from them. That could mean me no longer attending and that would be sad as this year was the best yet and met almost half of your TV and Film guests!!!

Amazing weekend!!!! :D:wub:

Edited by mands151271
  • Like 3

I just wanted to take the time to thank all of the Showmasters crew for their help in getting me through the autograph queues and photo shoots. In particular the lovely guy who knew I was concerned about missing Chris Judge's 12pm photo shoot because there was a delay in Robert Englund coming back from his talk. Thank you so very much!!

I was told that as I was on a mobility scooter that I'd be allowed up front to save tailbacks. This wasn't always the case, but it doesn't matter as everything went smoothly anyway.

Thank you for arranging these events and as much as I can see a need to move to a bigger venue, I hope you can stay at Braehead as it's easy for me to hire a scooter. Should you move to say SECC or Hydro, I'm not sure I could hire a scooter from them. That could mean me no longer attending and that would be sad as this year was the best yet and met almost half of your TV and Film guests!!!

I actually hadn't thought about moving venues from that perspective, it's put another dynamic on it for me.

I think at some point in the next few years, the show will definitely have to either move or be cancelled altogether - it just gets exponentially bigger year after year and the Braehead arena can't support that volume of people for much longer. This year was pretty much at capacity, I thought.

There will almost certainly be a way to get a mobility scooter into the SECC or Hydro, I would have thought, or if not, they would surely let you bring your own?

I'm not sure, but I hope it works out for you whatever way it goes.

• Like 1

I actually hadn't thought about moving venues from that perspective, it's put another dynamic on it for me.

I think at some point in the next few years, the show will definitely have to either move or be cancelled altogether - it just gets exponentially bigger year after year and the Braehead arena can't support that volume of people for much longer. This year was pretty much at capacity, I thought.

There will almost certainly be a way to get a mobility scooter into the SECC or Hydro, I would have thought, or if not, they would surely let you bring your own?

I'm not sure, but I hope it works out for you whatever way it goes.

I actually don't have my own mobility scooter, this is the problem and if I did have one, given my weight due to poor mobility, it would be far too big to get into the car. So unless SECC or Hydro had a facility that allowed people to hire scooters, then I wouldn't be able to go and I don't want that to happen. :( Edited by mands151271

I would like to thank all the crewmember's,they were all extremely nice and helpful,without them we wouldn't have such a great event,thank you to showmasters too for holding a amazing event in Glasgow long may it continue :-)

• Like 2

It's actually illegal for venues to not provide disability access, this includes providing wheelchairs, mobility scooters should also be available though they sometimes need advanced notice. There's also plenty of services that hire out scooters as well as transport services for those with disability/ limited mobility.

It's well worth checking out what your options are and if your unsure never be afraid to ask, disability / limited mobility should never mean you have to miss out.

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought that it would be illegal. My main issue is that I need a scooter for someone at least 27 stone (I hate that I am as big as I am, but poor mobility due to severe arthritis has done this to me sadly). I will definitely look into it, if indeed they do move to the SECC or Hydro because it was definitely packed in there, more so Saturday, but I found it hard going getting through the throngs of people on that scooter! I am sure I would be able to work something out if the need arises, but thank you for taking the time to respond to this, I appreciate it. :smile:

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Tell her I can feel her pain! I have some rheumatoid factor, some of my fingers bend in weird ways and are a bit lumpy. But not bad enough to stop me from typing, though my wrists get sore, so I do have to keep taking breaks, the same with the knitting (like of those little bugs). I noticed you added me on Facebook and I have accepted - so if you're after a bug or two - hit me up with a message and let me know.

Yes - I booked my scooter for the weekend at Braehead back in January believe it or not! So I know about booking in advance. :D

It's actually illegal for venues to not provide disability access, this includes providing wheelchairs, mobility scooters should also be available though they sometimes need advanced notice.

You sure on these facts??? or are these another countries???

It's actually illegal for venues to not provide disability access, this includes providing wheelchairs, mobility scooters should also be available though they sometimes need advanced notice.

You sure on these facts??? or are these another countries???

i did a double take on that comment too.I work at Birmingham NEC and Arena, yes venues have to provide access for the disabled but theres no legal requirement to provide scooters or wheelchairs just to get around except in the case of a medical emergency(wheelchairs).you have to provide your own. I do know down here theres a hire service for them ( scooters) but they are costly. no idea about Scotland.

Sunday was busy but not as pandemic as Saturday, but still hell trying to get round the stalls on a scooter.

Not everybody can afford to have their own scooter and as I have already explained, mine would never fit in the car. So if a different venue is on the cards, how am I meant to get around if they don't hire out scooters or wheelchairs? Yes I could look into hiring from an individual place, but would still have to get it from there to the venue, unless they did a drop off and pick up and I dare say that would be costly. So once more, it could mean my not being able to go. But from past experiences, I know many non disabled don't give a crap about those who are as long as they're happy. That attitude really brings me down and that's the way I feel now after the high of the weekend. I'm now left to believe that this year was the last I'll go, what with all this 'need a bigger venue'. :(

Edited by mands151271
  • Like 1

Yeah, that's why some need advanced notice to make sure they can provide you with a suitable scooter. My wife has Psoriatic Arthritis so I can totally relate to your situation.

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife,my mum has osteoarthritis and can understand what your wife and Amanda is going through

Yeah, that's why some need advanced notice to make sure they can provide you with a suitable scooter. My wife has Psoriatic Arthritis so I can totally relate to your situation.

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife,my mum has osteoarthritis and can understand what your wife and Amanda is going through

I'm sorry to hear the about your mum. I have osteoarthritis with rheumatoid factor. It's hell. People just assume I'm a fat greedy person, but I don't really eat that much in a day. Just can't burn off what I do eat. :(

I'm sorry to hear the about your mum. I have osteoarthritis with rheumatoid factor. It's hell. People just assume I'm a fat greedy person, but I don't really eat that much in a day. Just can't burn off what I do eat. :(
I'm really sorry to hear you have osteoarthritis with the rheumatoid factor,don't worry about what people think you are a nice lovely woman :-)

I'm really sorry to hear you have osteoarthritis with the rheumatoid factor,don't worry about what people think you are a nice lovely woman :-)

The rheumatoid factor isn't too high just now, but some fingers bend and my pinkie finger is bumpy lol and thanks, it's nice to know you think that. :D

The rheumatoid factor isn't too high just now, but some fingers bend and my pinkie finger is bumpy lol and thanks, it's nice to know you think that. :D
Your very welcome Amanda :-)
  • Like 1