My one gripe with an otherwise great event!

So, how many Star Wars guests were at the event? Of which, the majority were in ESB too.

Unfortunately, I know of one first time signer who was unable to attend due to illness - but that happened on the day itself. I think that in this day and age, finding a first time signer (not just UK, but worldwide) for a 35 year old film is pretty damn near incredible.

Now, of course, that probably doesn't make up for the fact that George Lucas wasn't able to come and have afternoon tea with everyone who wanted more Star Wars attendance, but I think some of y'all are maybe a little bit out of line directly accusing Showmasters of making intentionally false claims.

Also, anyone ever found it interesting that the majority of dissenting voices around here have a relatively small number of posts.

Just saying...

Unfortunately, I know of one first time signer who was unable to attend due to illness - but that happened on the day itself. I think that in this day and age, finding a first time signer (not just UK, but worldwide) for a 35 year old film is pretty damn near incredible.

Was that Lasse? I've asked if he was in attendance as I never saw him, but haven't had an answer.

Sure it was an uphill struggle to find new names as most had been coaxed out before. At the event for Empire's 30th. Or Star Wars 30th. or Stormtrooper reunion.

Yes there were quite a few Star Wars names at the event... but there always are. There was nothing special about the event, in Star Wars terms. As I said I was never expecting more. But I can see why those not as well versed in the usual spin and hype might not see things the same way.

I'm as much saying to them, realistically what were you expecting? as well as saying Showmasters should acknowledge they may not have met their own target. I don't think it was remotely intentional.

So, how many Star Wars guests were at the event? Of which, the majority were in ESB too.

Now, of course, that probably doesn't make up for the fact that George Lucas wasn't able to come and have afternoon tea with everyone who wanted more Star Wars attendance, but I think some of y'all are maybe a little bit out of line directly accusing Showmasters of making intentionally false claims.

Also, anyone ever found it interesting that the majority of dissenting voices around here have a relatively small number of posts.

Just saying...

Being a post purist is a common thing on forums and never has it been a good thing.

It doesn't matter how long people have been here, it doesn't change the fact that things shouldn't be brought up if the details haven't been confirmed.

Quite a few people have said that they went because there was going to be a big focus on ESB with activities and such but there was not a great deal of focus on it, now it doesn't bother me as I didn't go for anything Star Wars, saving that for an event this summer but I'm just saying that I hope they learn not to bring up announcements before they are all confirmed as it will lead to more and more topics about people being upset/annoyed.

• Like 1

Was that Lasse? I've asked if he was in attendance as I never saw him, but haven't had an answer.

It was, I was guest assistant to Alan Flyng, who is a close friend of Lasse and was due to travel in with Lasse.

It was Alan who told me that Lasse was suffering terribly with hay fever on the morning of the Friday, leaving him sadly unable to attend.

Just saying...

Just what is the significance of the conjectual 'observation' that there is apparently a link between users and number of posts??

Showmaster's original announcement stated "There will be first time signers and many things to do and see and opportunities to celebrate our love for this wonderful film."

Okay so we had first time signers, but what about the rest of it? Many things to do? Many things to see? Many opportunities to celebrate our love for this wonderful film?

At this rate, what is stopping Showmasters from announcing a MAJOR Goonies celebration next year for example, with many signers, things to do and see, and opportunities to celebrate. And then ONLY having some minor actors attending (the sheriff, Troy's friend #1, Data's father) with nothing else Goonies-related whatsoever.

Unprofessional and very misleading.

• Like 2

Just saying...

I find your post highly condecending to say the least! What difference is it if someone has posted 10 posts or a thousound! Does that make them any less of a customer who attended the convention!!!

I stand by several attendee posts on here that SM were indeed falsely advertising certain events that never happened over the weekend! Why should we, the customers and "Fans" of LFCC and more importantly, The Empire Strikes Back, feel "satisfied" with the very feeble replies we have received in voicing our frustrtaion and disappointment in this area.

Oh and ptenbob, just for your information, i had personally emaild Jason months before the event with a list of names of actors who had appeared in TESB that had not previously appeared at a SM event (that i was aware of anyway). Oh, and i believe George Lucas drinks coffee, not tea!

• Like 1

• Moderators

As David and QS have already posted, things unfortunately didn't pan out as originally intended with this aspect of the show, this is one of the things the organisers will have discussed during the breakdown of the event, the forum is read and all of your comments are taken on board but unfortunately this thread is slowly going downhill and for now will be locked. For those unaware the LFCC Spring flyer is promoting a Star Wars theme and as a huge Star Wars fan himself i have no doubt Jason and the team will be pulling out al the stops to deliver.

Edited by StuartG2198