Latest Guest Announcement - SIGOURNEY WEAVER

Hello, I've asked this before but didn't get a response. But I just got an email saying that Batch 1 diamond pass holders are having both photos on Saturday. PLEASE could it be possible to get one of the photos on Sunday? I paid a lot of money for my pass and really wanted to be wearing different clothes in the two photos.

As the email says, speak to crew to see if they can help.

I'd like to get an answer from Showmasters before the event as it will affect what I wear on the day so be a bit too late when I turn up. On the day in the past I've always found the crew to be very helpful though so hoping it won't be a problem.

Then you will be better off emailing Showmasters directly.

As I already posted in another topic: yes, you need to e-mail the store. However, no guarantees can be made that an exception is possible.

As I already posted in another topic: yes, you need to e-mail the store. However, no guarantees can be made that an exception is possible.

That seems really harsh! If you pay £395 for something that is for the "weekend" then after you buy it it's announced that it's a specific day only. You've just spent 100s of pounds on something you can't use because it wasn't clear when you bought it that it was for a specific day only. All other tickets that are specific days, are labelled as such. In my case it's annoying and if I'd known it was for both photos on one day, I probably would have just bought individual photos on two different days instead! Knowing that makes me MUCH less likely to want to buy a diamond pass again. For next year you really need to put up what day diamond passes are for if certain things can only be done on certain days. For the guy who is only going Sunday I really hope you do accomodate him saying "no guarantees" really isn't what the diamond pass is supposed to be for, as it IS supposed to be the guaranteed way to meet the guest and get the photos and autos. Spending such huge ammounts and having no one we can contact to sort out our problems as the "crew" can't be contacted in advance. At this point I feel like the only way I'm going to be able to actually find out an answer to my question is buy a friday ticket and try and talk to someone about it then as in person seems to be the only way to contact the crew, who are from what I understand all volunteers anyway! So not sure why they are the ones who decide my fate rather than the people I paid the money too. I understand this is the first year diamond passes are on offer but I think you really needed to be clearer in the wording! A weekend pass should be good all weekend without day restrictions. I understand you are trying to sort out the numbers, but if it was that set in stone you really should have said that in the information about the pass when people were buying it!

Sorry, but it has been always made clear that the Diamond Pass activities are spread out all over the weekend and the pass was tailored for attendees being there all weekend, otherwise they may miss out on things. That was made clear from the beginning, and that means certain things might happen on certain days only. For batch 1 this is the photoshoot happening on Saturday for example. This was also posted in some places.

There needs to be some organisation as it happens here with day assignments, otherwise the whole schedule will go to smithereens within the first day. It was mentioned nowhere that you could just freely choose your day.

You can e-mail the store like I said. shop@showmastersevents.com. This is going to the people working in the office. That way you will get your answer without having to attend Friday. If they tell you an exception can't be made the crew on the day won't tell you any different either.

Sorry, but it has been always made clear that the Diamond Pass activities are spread out all over the weekend and the pass was tailored for attendees being there all weekend, otherwise they may miss out on things. That was made clear from the beginning, and that means certain things might happen on certain days only. For batch 1 this is the photoshoot happening on Saturday for example. This was also posted in some places.

There needs to be some organisation as it happens here with day assignments, otherwise the whole schedule will go to smithereens within the first day. It was mentioned nowhere that you could just freely choose your day.

You can e-mail the store like I said. shop@showmastersevents.com. This is going to the people working in the office. That way you will get your answer without having to attend Friday. If they tell you an exception can't be made the crew on the day won't tell you any different either.

I'm waiting for a reply from the store, but yesterday you said it wasn't a problem they deal with but only the crew would know. Which is why I thought I'd have to go and talk to someone Friday as that was the only way to contact the crew. I bought the diamond pass within an hour of it being announced. Nowhere then did it say photos or autos would be on a specific day. It just said, guaranteed photos, talks, autos, if it had been adverised as Batch 1 - saturday and Batch 2 Sunday I think there would be less confusion and I probaly wouldn't have bought the pass and just bought individual photos instead. As someone who cosplays I like to plan what outfits I can wear for each photo. Not something everyone does but for me this part of the fun of getting the photos in the first place. This is by far the most I've ever spent on a guest and as such I really want to make sure it works.

Like Scifimel I bought my tickets within 10 mins and due to work cannot attend Saturday only Sunday. Having paid £395 and only missing out on the Saturday on the talk I am sure accommodating the paying customers who are going to be minimal who can only attend Sunday or Saturday shouldn't be a big issue. How long does a quick autograph or photoshoot take, seconds.

I'm waiting for a reply from the store, but yesterday you said it wasn't a problem they deal with but only the crew would know. Which is why I thought I'd have to go and talk to someone Friday as that was the only way to contact the crew. I bought the diamond pass within an hour of it being announced. Nowhere then did it say photos or autos would be on a specific day. It just said, guaranteed photos, talks, autos, if it had been adverised as Batch 1 - saturday and Batch 2 Sunday I think there would be less confusion and I probaly wouldn't have bought the pass and just bought individual photos instead. As someone who cosplays I like to plan what outfits I can wear for each photo. Not something everyone does but for me this part of the fun of getting the photos in the first place. This is by far the most I've ever spent on a guest and as such I really want to make sure it works.

I updated that post meanwhile because I had received new info. That's what happens if the same question pops up in a million places... some info will eventually not make it through. :(

Like Scifimel I bought my tickets within 10 mins and due to work cannot attend Saturday only Sunday. Having paid £395 and only missing out on the Saturday on the talk I am sure accommodating the paying customers who are going to be minimal who can only attend Sunday or Saturday shouldn't be a big issue. How long does a quick autograph or photoshoot take, seconds.

You wouldn't believe how quickly those seconds add up.

I can only outline the rules as they have been given to me. If you are unhappy please let the office know, but they'll pretty much give you the same explanations that have already been posted.

• Moderators

I just got an email to say my pass will be a pick up now boo! Lol was looking forward to the postman :D

Hopefully will be easy enough to collect with sigourneys first shoots at 930

I have the same email, I wouldn't worry there is still a few days post left so just wait and see for now I think that was just a generic one for all diamond passes.

I just got an email to say my pass will be a pick up now boo! Lol was looking forward to the postman :D

I have the same email, I wouldn't worry there is still a few days post left so just wait and see for now I think that was just a generic one for all diamond passes.

Ok that's good to know, hopefully it will turn up still. Least we can collect if it doesn't, :D

• Moderators

Ok that's good to know, hopefully it will turn up still. Least we can collect if it doesn't, :D

Exactly, I'm still optimistic for it showing up in the post but if all else fails as you say we can get them when we arrive.

When did you order your diamond pass? I ordered mine on tuesday and hoping it still arrives.

I ordered mine 4 minutes after they went on sale.

I ordered mine on the 21st June.

Not sure what kind of order they are being sent out at.

When did you order your diamond pass? I ordered mine on tuesday and hoping it still arrives.

I ordered mine 4 minutes after they went on sale.

I ordered mine on the 21st June.

Not sure what kind of order they are being sent out at.

It partly seems to be Royal Mail having some fun. Some of the MJF passes going to Germany took a detour through Denmark.

• Like 1

Apologies if this question has been asked before but this is my first time booking a photoshoot. I've got a Batch 1 ticket for Sigourney Weaver + power loader. Looking at the schedule, that appears to be from 09:30 - 10:10.

Now I plan to be queuing from 07:30ish and the doors open at 09:00. IF it takes a while to get in and I miss my allocated slot, can I get in to the later shoot with my Batch 1 ticket?

Thanks.

So looking at Sigourney's timetable, she's doing Powerloader shoots from 09:30 to 10:15, then regular photos from 10:30 to 11:10, then into the Aliens Cast talk at 11:15 until noon. Then she'll likely be having some lunch.

Based on this, is it reasonable to assume that she won't start doing autographs until after lunch? Of course there is always that small window of 09:00 to 09:30 for Diamond and Golds, I guess........