SHERLOCKED Hype & Preparations Fun

MildGrooveOn

Wow for your first convention you're starting big, my first convention was ever so small and now this one will be I think either 24th or 25th once you start you'll get hooked!!

Just remember to breathe and enjoy every moment of it as it goes so so quickly and comfy shoes for the inevitable queues 😃

You'll have a blast 😂

Sliding towards 50 here. As someone said it's never too late for a happy childhood.

As I'm not really a crowd person it can as good be also the last convention. :D

So it had to be something special.

Cosplay? Well, you can always sneak a sheet from your hotel room. As an alternative you can sneak a blanket from the first aid room.

I was seriously thinking of the sheet, but now I'm pondering about taking my silk gray dressing gown, just in case I will go to one of the parties and feel comfortable enough (= there are enough nuts around so I won't stand out in the crowd) A decent dressing gown is just more suitable for an old bat... I think...

Edited by J.P.

Ha! You could all cosplay the spear scene from Hounds. That would be funny, there would be a load of regular looking people walking around london carrying 18th Century whaling spears! I know it's not practical to actually do but I'm giggling to myself imagining you all trying to explain it through customs!

• Like 1

I havn't been to a convention in over 10 years which makes me almost as nervous as the first time,and it was only a couple back then but they were both pretty big. I remember on the first one the guests all left much later than planned on the last day to make sure every single person got an autograpgh which i thought was really sweet.

I am almost done with planning now, just need to print out my tickets. I'm still worried that my Gold ticket has a typo on in my name. I got so pressured by that ticking coutdown clock I spelt my own name wrong! but I did email someone right after i brought my ticket and they said it should be okay and not to worry. I don't need to worry do I? Its only got one extra letter in my surname.

It will be fine Angel, if there's an order number on the paperwork the numbers will match, (i haven't looked at mine to see if there is) however if you are really stressing over it print out the email to SM where they say it will be OK as well.

It will be fine Angel, if there's an order number on the paperwork the numbers will match, (i haven't looked at mine to see if there is) however if you are really stressing over it print out the email to SM where they say it will be OK as well.

Yes there is an order number. Thank you, this makes me feel better.

Ha! You could all cosplay the spear scene from Hounds. That would be funny, there would be a load of regular looking people walking around london carrying 18th Century whaling spears! I know it's not practical to actually do but I'm giggling to myself imagining you all trying to explain it through customs!

Okay, this is what I'd like to see. :)

Was thinking of taking a riding crop with me – and that's NOT for the party. evilgrin.gif

But again - the customs... acute.gif

But seriously. Does anybody know if there is a postal office in the neighborhood? Because I doubt I will be able to take the poster with me into the plane, and I don't want to pay for "extra" luggage. I thought sending it to my address should be cheaper

What really creeps me out is that there is no over all plan on who and what is where and when. Or did I oversee something? (wouldn't be the first time)

Edited by J.P.

One question I have, mainly for QS, is will there be staffed tables for leaving your possessions when you go through the photo shoots? I know there have been in the past at LFCC.

I dread the thought of hauling my stuff in there or having to have it in the photo, it's going to be bad enough in the auto lines trying to juggle everything you want signed whilst making sure sigs don't smear.....

• Like 1

A few years back I flew to a con in Chicago with my Torchwood cosplay in checked baggage. I actually included a note addressed to the security screeners explaining what everything was, what it was for, and what it was made from. One of the items was a rather heavy and gun shaped "stun gun" and another was a rather oddly shaped knife made from plexi-glass. When I arrived, my bag had been inspected by security, but they'd let everything through without a problem.

• Like 1

RIGHT. I'm printing off everything in prep for next week as we are leaving Manchester in a few days.

So far I have:

E-tickets

Hotel confirmation

Train tickets

I haven't bought anything extra outside of my gold pass, but is there anything else I need to print out??

Edited by MissShell

One question I have, mainly for QS, is will there be staffed tables for leaving your possessions when you go through the photo shoots? I know there have been in the past at LFCC.

I dread the thought of hauling my stuff in there or having to have it in the photo, it's going to be bad enough in the auto lines trying to juggle everything you want signed whilst making sure sigs don't smear.....

There's usually a table just as you go in for you leave your stuff and they move it down, conveyor belt style, for you to pick up at the end after you've collected your photo. 😃