SHERLOCKED Hype & Preparations Fun

MildGrooveOn

I am arting so hard in preparation.. and it's about the only thing keeping me from flipping out.

Trying to get pieces done to get signed... (between getting commissions done) but because we don't know what 5 we get, I have to just illustrate all the humans.

My stylus hand is about to fall off.

The struggle is so real. XD

You can do it!

I think right now im in panic mode as its only two weeks away, i don't have anthing to get signed, i don't have costumes for the partys, I don't even have train tickets and i havent decided what i'm taking but i know my suitcase is going to be too small! Plus I really want to get my hair cut nicely and buy a lense for my camera but I'm too afraid to check my bank balance, I don't think it's good.

And I if I was to allow myself to have thoughts like what if my photo time clashes with a talk a really want to see I'd be in full blown panic mode.

So panicing seems to my method of preperation.

Edited by ascendant.angel

You'll be fine Angel :dance: If you aren't fussed about what to get signed you can just see what they have at the show. All the guests will have a selection of 9x6 pictures at their desks (I think they are £3 each though) if you just want to go with that. Make sure you have something sturdy to carry them in though if you choose to do that as you wouldn't want your autos and pictures to get creased.

Criminy - I've just made my list of what items I would like everyone to sign in addition to the one free auto from everyone included in my ticket - my total for auto's is currently running at £525 :stretcher::no::BRUISED::WINCE:

I was expecting it to be around that but it's a little shocking seeing it as a fact. I may have to have a reassessment but I doubt it'll make a great difference.

How far into the show was it mentioned? I was going to watch but missed most of it today.

I'm not 100% sure as I was a bit hungover but I think it was after 10.30

You couldn't have been more accurate. I've just watched that section and it was at 10.32!

It was a massive mention so well done Showmasters. You could see James didn't entirely get it though, bless him.

• Like 1

How far into the show was it mentioned? I was going to watch but missed most of it today.

You couldn't have been more accurate. I've just watched that section and it was at 10.32!

It was a massive mention so well done Showmasters. You could see James didn't entirely get it though, bless him.

Who fancies going to the Good Food Show next year dressed as an Ewok??

• Like 2

Lol am shocked I was that close.

Funnily enough in just over two weeks I'll have met them both as I met James through a work book signing last year.

Edited by evilfairie
  • Like 1

It was on the TVs at work and everyone else was wondering why I was grinning away to myself so much!

Has anyone started packing in the vain hope it will make time go faster? Getting my case down from the loft today so I can see how much room I have in it after my costume...that is always packed first and then I make do for real clothes around it!

I'd start packing but I can already tell the volume of what I want to take is bigger than the maximum volume of the case and i don't want to find out by how much!

on the positive side i've stopped panicing, and adopted a what will be, will be, attitude. Worst case sinerio 1: I unpack my case reaslise I've forgot something important. I've done this before it was fine, shops are never that far away. 2: I say/ do something embarising when meeting the stars. I have also done this and more than once and yes I still cringe about it but I doub't its been remembered by anyone but me. However thinking about it this was before youtube existed, it's been a while.

I'd start packing but I can already tell the volume of what I want to take is bigger than the maximum volume of the case and i don't want to find out by how much!

on the positive side i've stopped panicing, and adopted a what will be, will be, attitude. Worst case sinerio 1: I unpack my case reaslise I've forgot something important. I've done this before it was fine, shops are never that far away. 2: I say/ do something embarising when meeting the stars. I have also done this and more than once and yes I still cringe about it but I doub't its been remembered by anyone but me. However thinking about it this was before youtube existed, it's been a while.

Don't worry, after being at TIFF and witnessing someone asking Ben if they can "taste his yumminess" after a serious movie like Imitation Game in a high brow setting of the Premiere, I don't think you can really beat that kind of ridiculous.

I can't believe people think it's acceptable to say stuff like that - do they really think the star is going to say yes?

I can't even. I'll spare you the YouTube link, but it's out there.

I was in the back row and almost passed out from second hand embarrassment.

I think I need professional help. :WINCE: Is there a meeting of Benedicts Anonymous anywhere?

I bid on and won a signed Imitation Game poster last night - donated by the Turing Trust. I think I'm going to be reaching Benedict saturation levels soon.

"Hello, my name is Kath and it's been 12 days since I last bought something Benedict Cumberbatch related"

• Like 2

Hmmm it's really only ok to think things like that ha ha having met BC before at a previous ahem event, I can only say I was far too starstruck and mesmerised by his voice and those eyes to say anything at all let alone anything even remotely clever or stupid!!!!

I came through "OMG, what have I done?" phase, then "OMG, there is so much that can go wrong" phase... now if feels like a state of denial, probably as a matter of survival. Have packed and unpacked twice, just to estimate the amount of luggage and choose a bag, and still don't have a feeling it's real. It might become real next week though. I hope my mantra for such situations: "don't think, just do" will work this time.

It's my first convention. :blush:

• Like 1

It's my first convention too, and there are several others on these forums, so you aren't alone! I'm too busy at the moment to even think about the logistics (though I did book my hotel and travel tickets as soon as I knew I was attending) but things have a habit of sorting themselves out. Things to remember: London is a big, 24-hour city. If you forget something, it's unlikely to take more than 20 minutes to replace it. I'll bet you could even rustle up something to cosplay in, if you are so inclined. Also: you will be among lots (and lots) of people with whom you share a common interest (aka obsession). I think it will turn into a big community and we'll all look after each other beautifully. I am An Older Person and can be relied on to have headache pills, plasters, tissues, spare change, wet wipes and all the other things in my handbag which earn me my nickname of the Office Mummy. I also lived in London for a long while. Look out for all my big curly blond hair among the crowd, and if you need something, and if you manage to spot me, I'm happy to do what I can to help!