guests and sharpies

After reading all the posts about various colours and silver and gold pens not drying and smudging im a little worried now about getting my BTTF part one poster signed as im sure you know the poster has a lot of dark areas and I thought the silver would be best but I have tried it on different types of pages and it doesn't dry well on some of them, it will cost a lot of money to get the poster signed by them all and I don't want to mess it up by having a mess on the page when I get home, I am also getting my Freddy vs Jason poster signed and again its mostly black, if you are getting your poster signed what is your plan or choice of colour marker all advice welcomed.

I am also looking to get my BTTF poster signed. It cost me a bit of money also. I am looking to seek autographs in Silver, Blue and Black on the poster.

I will probably bring my own sharpies with me though as I want to make sure the pens used are ready to go. I may even have a red sharpie

with me. Having read what people have said about the use of blue sharpies it may well be that I stick with Black and Silver.

Some examples of cast signed BTTF posters on the web use a variety of colours and IMHO don't look authentic. Hence likelihood of sticking to Black and Silver in darker areas of the poster

• Like 1

I am also looking to get my BTTF poster signed. It cost me a bit of money also. I am looking to seek autographs in Silver, Blue and Black on the poster.
I will probably bring my own sharpies with me though as I want to make sure the pens used are ready to go. I may even have a red sharpie
with me. Having read what people have said about the use of blue sharpies it may well be that I stick with Black and Silver.
Some examples of cast signed BTTF posters on the web use a variety of colours and IMHO don't look authentic. Hence likelihood of sticking to Black and Silver in darker areas of the poster

Its the silver im worried about as it doesn't dry.

I would seek to try out different silver pens. .There are is a youtube video called Metallic Paint Markers & Gel Pens on a Slick Surface which might be worth a look.

Metallic pens have been reviewed and tried out. I am sure whatever brands you'd buy would be able to get inexpensively off ebay. I am not sure if all silver pens can be said to not dry quickly or at all, Worth trying two or three different brands beforehand Edited by BigDave
  • Like 1

I would seek to try out different silver pens. .There are is a youtube video called Metallic Paint Markers & Gel Pens on a Slick Surface which might be worth a look.

Metallic pens have been reviewed and tried out. I am sure whatever brands you'd buy would be able to get inexpensively off ebay. I am not sure if all silver pens can be said to not dry quickly or at all, Worth trying two or three different brands beforehand

Thanks again Big Dave

• Like 1

I'll have to to I think. At least if it smudges at the table it can be fixed right?

Last year carrie fishers pen ran out and smudged and she fixed it by going over it with a fresh pen. They're normal pretty good if it happens by accident at the table

After reading all the posts about various colours and silver and gold pens not drying and smudging im a little worried now about getting my BTTF part one poster signed as im sure you know the poster has a lot of dark areas and I thought the silver would be best but I have tried it on different types of pages and it doesn't dry well on some of them, it will cost a lot of money to get the poster signed by them all and I don't want to mess it up by having a mess on the page when I get home, I am also getting my Freddy vs Jason poster signed and again its mostly black, if you are getting your poster signed what is your plan or choice of colour marker all advice welcomed.

I used almost exclusively a bronze metalic sharpie at Sherlocked this weekend and it was fine, I had books, 8x10's, matt pictures and a metal displate signed, so all different surfaces. You just have to give them a little longer before you roll up or put away your pictures when signing with the metalic colours. When it's been signed just move out of the away holding it, leave for a couple of minutes and then put away. I really don't recommend the paint pens though.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

I used almost exclusively a bronze metalic sharpie at Sherlocked this weekend and it was fine, I had books, 8x10's, matt pictures and a metal displate signed, so all different surfaces. You just have to give them a little longer before you roll up or put away your pictures when signing with the metalic colours. When it's been signed just move out of the away holding it, leave for a couple of minutes and then put away. I really don't recommend the paint pens though.

Which Displate did you get signed? Is there a pic somewhere?

Hey guys probably a stupid question, ill be getting my first poster signed by the nightmare on elm street guests but ive got a question

When i bring it with me to get it signed and home again i would like to get it framed but also in the future id like to get it signed by more

Guests so what do you guys do ????

Personally I don't get my items framed until I consider them finished but as that can take some time with films/shows with a lot of cast members you might not want to wait until then.

I'd always recommend getting signed pictures mounted when being framed as I don't want the ink touching the glass just in case. You could always buy an inexpensive frame with a mount inside that is easy to open yourself so you can remove it in the future for other events and then get it professionally framed and sealed when you think it's done.

• Like 1

For my multiple signed items, I scan them in at 800dpi (huge resolution suitable for print) and then print it to size on matte paper for whatever frame I want it in. Then I store the original, meaning if I need more autographs on it I can easily take it with me, and then update my framed image whenever I want. I find it a lot cheaper and safer that way, just buy a nice big frame from wilkinsons and you're sorted ;)

• Like 4