Photo tickets and travel/parking

para50

At the moment I'm thinking of travelling down for the Sunday. I live around 4.5 hours away and was just going to set off early in the morning aiming to get there around 9 but have a couple of questions. I'm interested in photo shoots with Christopher Lloyd and Emily Kinney, if I buy these tickets up front I understand I'll be allocated a number. I assume they do these in order, but if I'm delayed and get there late for some reason, will I have a problem still redeeming my tickets?

I've only been to the Newcastle convention before and assume this one will be a lot bigger and busier. Do you have to be really on the ball to get autographs from the bigger guests? I'm guessing people will queue for hours and make a bee-line for the popular ones once the doors open, I don't want to be too casual about it and end up missing out.

Also, can anyone recomment a convenient place to park and get the tube or whatever to the event? I'll be coming from the North, but really don't know London at all. I assume it's better to stay out of the city centre and use the tube, but I don't even know where to start deciding where I should park and get the tube from.

Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks!

As long as you're there before the photosessions end you can't miss your turn. The numbers are being called in batches, but if you miss your batch you can just join once your batch has been called.

The most popular guests will all be on the Virtual Queueing System. Do you have experienced that system in Newcastle already? You don't have to be in line for hours for the autographs that way.

There's a multi-story carpark just north of the Olympia. I shudder to think how much it would cost for a full day and I suppose it'll be pretty busy. http://www.olympia.co.uk/visiting/parking/book-parking

I'm flying from Glasgow to Heathrow. Then it's the blue line to Hammersmith, then just two stops to Sherpard's Bush (nearest my hotel). Gotta love the London underground... easily the best way to get around.

There's a multi-story carpark just north of the Olympia. I shudder to think how much it would cost for a full day and I suppose it'll be pretty busy. http://www.olympia.co.uk/visiting/parking/book-parking

I'm flying from Glasgow to Heathrow. Then it's the blue line to Hammersmith, then just two stops to Sherpard's Bush (nearest my hotel). Gotta love the London underground... easily the best way to get around.

Not to mention having to pay the congestion charge.

Yeah that's what I thought. Does anyone know of a good place to park that's a convenient tube ride away from the convention? I don't know London at all so I have no idea.

I'd say it depends upon which direction you're coming in from. I know Ealing has a multi-storey and is on District line but then I lived that side of London for the first third of my life and my paternal family all hail from there too so it's life blood so to speak. Those coming down the M1 would have to trawl round on the North Circular. I don't know what parking arrangements are at Brent Cross as that's in the vicinity of the M1.

If you are coming down from the North it's always worth looking into Stanmore. It's the very end of the Jubilee line so you can get a tube train (although it's overground for the start) all the way in to London. It's near the M1 and A1, quite near to Watford, much better than driving into London itself I'd say.

I've decided I'm going to get a hotel on the Saturday night just to avoid any delays in getting there and having to queue for longer. Don't want to miss out on things as I'm only going for one day, so want to aim to get there at around 7am. So what I'm hoping people can help with now is - I'm going to find a cheap hotel just outside of London then head in to London on Sunday morning. So I need a place to park in London that's ideally a single tube trip away from the Olympia as I'm assuming I won't get parked near the hotel. Any idea anyone?

Thanks.