Sign in to follow this  
Dannycarroll2007

Positive Saturday comment.

I went in not as excited as normal I'll admit but I tell you what it was a good day. We normal get to cm early and are gone by lunch but we've spent longer than normal and it was a very relaxed show.

• Like 3

Ditto.

Comfortable and relaxed show and got everything done easily :)

• Like 1

I also agree. I was not particularly excited about going to be honest but I'm glad I did. It was a nice relaxed atmosphere with no running around like a headless chicken trying to fit everything in.

• Like 2

I had a great day out at Collectormania Milton Keynes yet again this weekend :smile: I have to admit that I was initially less than impressed with the line up and was in two minds whether to attend at all this time. Having said all that I am pleased to say that I DID attend AND had a really fantastic day :thumbup: It was a real refreshing change from many of the crazy-manic SM shows I have attended over the years and the few guests I did meet were all lovely. A special mention to the SM Crew who were all very helpful as always and I really enjoyed the gaming area which was a very welcome distraction while I waited for my fiancée's numerous photo shoots :smile:

I think the key word here is ORGANISATION and due to the modest attendance at this weekend's show was superb and a joy to attend. A shed-full of big guests at ONE big show does not always make for a great show experience which is what I got this weekend :thumbup:

• Like 1

5am? Complete madness and totally unnecessary IMO. I got there about 8:40 on Saturday but only because I wanted to avoid any potential parking issues and wanted to go elsewhere later on. I sat in my car, in the warm, watched the queue go in within 5mins and then wandered in to see a pretty empty hall and although I wasn't meeting any guests it would not have been a problem. Amanda Tapping was Open queue by about 10:30 I think and only Freema was still on VTs when I left around 12:00 and was the only person with any kind of queue apart from David Haye who seemed very popular.

I only stayed until 12 as I met some friends, went for coffee with them and went back to get something I'd spoken to a stall holder about. Glad people had a good time but I left very disappointed, first time I've felt like that since I started.

• Like 1

I turned up around 11ish, had a mouch about got 6 autographs and 1 photo and went home. I guess we were there longer than normal for a cm. My only complaint and it wasn't SMs fault is I buy loads of american sweets and the woman with the sweets stall wasn't there.

I turned up around 11ish, had a mouch about got 6 autographs and 1 photo and went home. I guess we were there longer than normal for a cm. My only complaint and it wasn't SMs fault is I buy loads of american sweets and the woman with the sweets stall wasn't there.

Wrong. There was the usual American sweet stall with loads of stuff but I just couldn't afford anything this time.

Wrong. There was the usual American sweet stall with loads of stuff but I just couldn't afford anything this time.
I can confirm that. I saw, bought & ate from the American Sweet stall.

People were telling me they had been queueing since 5am.

I had a great time

I got there early, because traffic was lighter than i was expecting, so about 8:20, and I was about 10th in the queue. The guy in front of me arrived around 8, there was nobody there at all, so he went to McDonalds and came back. So I don't think people were there much before 8.