Venue capacity limit?

Hi,

I'm hoping someone could put my mind at rest - this seems to be the biggest LFCC by far, and I'm a little concerned after the advanced tickets sold out that there may be a situation where the venue's maximum capacity (for fire regulations) may be reached and no more people would be let in until people leave... I heard that happened at another SM event, albeit a smaller one...

I am only after one guest (David Wenham) so I wasn't planning on getting an early bird ticket. But now I'm worried about how busy it may be even just by 11am-midday...

Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing, but would appreciate any info! Cheers!

Considering how busy it was Friday night...Saturday will be absolutely packed.

Should say I was in prepaid early bird queue at 5.45 and got inside event at 6.25. Took just over hour in Sales queue...

Edited by SciFiRob

Well that was exactly what I was worried about... I was helping my sister on her stall and only got in as we bought an extra wristband... I later caught up with other friends who'd queued 8/8:30am and didn't get in til 11:30am, but also heard from others outside that no one was being let in - I think that was around midday...

I did manage to get David Wenham's autograph as he was open queue.

I wonder how many advanced tickets were sold vs the venue's capacity?

EC2 has a max capacity of 10750 and EC1-BH has 5000 - plenty of room.

Plenty of room... i think you spoke too soon!

Seems so... Guess that must be for an open and empty hall... Here's hoping they stop letting people in sooner today so those already in can move around.

Might not be what some people want to hear, just my opinion.

at one point yesterday there were so many people trying to get through the area where Kenny Baker was signing i stood still for 10 minutes without moving :smile: I stood in a queue for a bottle of water for 20 minutes. and inside the mens loo there were queues for the wash basins, cubilcles and urinals.

Edited by loveamyadams

Yesterday was horrifically overcrowded and dangerous. We left at 2pm because we couldn't get to anything and couldn't get near the stalls to browse.

Had someone collapsed in the stifling heat, it would have taken at least 10-15 mins to get a first aider there.

It took me 15 mins to get from one side of the main stage to the other to get to the bathroom, and we were crammed like sardines. The main problem seemed to be the amount of people trying to read the photoshoot price lists on the wall in that section.