Signature storage

Hi everyone!

As there are so many great guests this year, my autograph collection is going to grow massively! Currently I am using an old photo album to store my 8x10 signed pics but was wondering if anyone can suggest anything better? It needs to be some kind of book for easy storage and because I'll soon have too many to display on walls etc!

Also I'm looking for something similar to store my photos with guests in so if anyone has any seperate ideas for that as well, that'd be great!

Thanks all!

My daughter and I have a special made album that holds both autos and photo shoots, each page is a thick card and we use acid free tissue paper between each page to keep the pictures apart.

• Like 1

When I attended an Autographica even earlier in the year, there was a stall selling storage solutions. He was from franksautographs.com He's at LFCC, I bought a binder thing and inserts as I figured that spending £250 on Buzz Aldrins auto was alot, ad I wanted to keep it properly.

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't go with anything less then archival quality polyester pockets you can get bespoke folders and boxes for them. There'll be a few stalls at the event but speak to the staff at Frank's autograph stall, they have been researching and selling autograph storage kit for years and will be able to advise you better.

A lot of people have had good results with standard photo albums and can speak on those but I wouldn't want to risk my items in anything not superficially made to hold signatures. Just my opinion :smile:

• Like 2

Hi Everyone

Franks autographs have a great range of those storage sleeves.

Please don't skimp when it comes to storage of expensive autographs, never ever buy the cheap ones.

Dave Phillips

Cant agree more, Franks are awesome! :)

• Like 2

For many years now, I've used the Ultra Pro Premium Magazine Pockets , they are pretty strong and keep the picture and autos well. Not cheap though, and have found them more difficult to get hold of, had to order the last few boxes from the USA direct.

I then buy trading card binders to store the pockets in.

I did have a look at Franks as well, and they do look good but even more expensive I think but could be worth it depending on how large your collection is and what you want to store.

• Like 2

Yeah, he always has a stall, but the prices are always higher than on the website!

I bought the grey carry box last time, but it's pretty bulkly. I'm looking for something a bit slimmer this time.

• Like 1

For many years now, I've used the Ultra Pro Premium Magazine Pockets , they are pretty strong and keep the picture and autos well. Not cheap though, and have found them more difficult to get hold of, had to order the last few boxes from the USA direct.

I did have a look at Franks as well, and they do look good but even more expensive I think but could be worth it depending on how large your collection is and what you want to store.

This is what I do too. I buy themed trading card binders for certain series such as Buffy, Star Trek, Stargate, GoT etc and put the autos relevant to that show in them. The only real disadvantage of this is that the binders are open and dust and light will still get in.

The Franks stuff looks good but I thought it was a bit expensive given the Ultra Pro stuff seems to be really good too and when I contacted them with some basic questions I had a huge reply full of details about tests carried out on the materials they use etc. Didn't need to know any of that and found it a bit of a pushy sales pitch. But I wouldn't turn anyone away from them as I'm sure the products are good and if the Ultra Pro stuff becomes even harder to get, I may resort to them myself.

• Like 2

I too am going to recommend Franks autographs. Been storing my autographs in their pouches and binders for years now with no issues.

Aside from the quality of the goods the passion and knowledge the couple who run the company have about the items is great, a lot of people just sell not knowing anything about them but these two really know the products inside and out.

Andy K.

• Like 1

This is what I do too. I buy themed trading card binders for certain series such as Buffy, Star Trek, Stargate, GoT etc and put the autos relevant to that show in them. The only real disadvantage of this is that the binders are open and dust and light will still get in.

The Franks stuff looks good but I thought it was a bit expensive given the Ultra Pro stuff seems to be really good too and when I contacted them with some basic questions I had a huge reply full of details about tests carried out on the materials they use etc. Didn't need to know any of that and found it a bit of a pushy sales pitch. But I wouldn't turn anyone away from them as I'm sure the products are good and if the Ultra Pro stuff becomes even harder to get, I may resort to them myself.

Looks like you do exactly the same as me ! I quite like having the autos stored in relevant binders, e.g. Star Trek, Buffy etc

I hadn't really thought about the dust and light, although they are stored on a shelf in a cupboard so have minimal light exposure rather than on a open shelf for example.

Edited by GoldenGreen
  • Like 1

Looks like you do exactly the same as me ! I quite like having the autos stored in relevant binders, e.g. Star Trek, Buffy etc

I hadn't really thought about the dust and light, although they are stored on a shelf in a cupboard so have minimal light exposure rather than on a open shelf for example.

That'll help. I just make sure I dust mine. To be honest I only started going to these events in 2003 and even the autos from then still look pristine so I guess it's all good.

• Like 1