Cash Machines near LFCC

As I've never been to LFCC and not familiar with the area surrounding Earls Court 2. I was just wondering whether there are cash machines where you can withdrawal money from near the centre, because I dont really want to have to worry about extra card costs when trying to pay for things if I run out of cash. (Which probably is a big possibility)

Go to the cash machines in a public place like a train station, town area, bus terminal. With me being Scottish our money not being accepted I have no choice but to go to the ATM to lift English money. We of course accept everything but that'll change in September. We will have our own currency.

• Like 1

Thats what im going to do, im staying in a b+b near kings cross so im going to just go to a cashmachine in the station before i go to the event.

Go to the cash machines in a public place like a train station, town area, bus terminal. With me being Scottish our money not being accepted I have no choice but to go to the ATM to lift English money. We of course accept everything but that'll change in September. We will have our own currency.

• Showmasters Admin

i do sagest that everyone dose bring what they think they are going to need money wise or get it out of the cash machine on the way to the show so the cash machines at the show do get killed on day one.

hope that is of help

jason

On a slightly related topic...are autographs cash only?

They accept cash or vouchers - the vouchers can be paid for with in advance online or at the sales desk on the day. If you want vouchers then buy in advance if possible as the sales desk will almost always be busy.

I always find bringing money beforehand is the best option, if you bring a certain amount you can ensure you do not overspend and also know how much you want to bring so you can balance everything out :)

Yeah that I what I am planning to do. Hopefully I wont over spend but there is always a chance that I could. Eeek!

There are banks on the main street at Earls court, its only a couple of minutes walk from the event.

With me being Scottish our money not being accepted

I've almost never had trouble spending Scottish money in London (or indeed anywhere else in the south-east of England), and I'd guess I've ended up with Scottish banknotes in my pocket a couple of times a year or more for the last 20+ years.

• Like 1

There was only one working machine at NFCC and the queue was enormous, so I learned something that day

there are loads of cash machines in the city centre which isn't far from the metro arena. What I would suggest is people buy vouchers beforehand if they don't want to carry lots of cash

Budget is subjective it depends what you want to do, I'd say minimum of £100 per day

Subjective indeed. I couldn't comprehend going to a convention with as little as £100! As a somewhat serious comic collector I try to attend events like this with many times that amount, as conventions are some of the best places to pick up key books at good prices. As I am approaching the "end" of my X-Men collection, individual books can run in the hundreds of pounds each (and frequently do so). Last year I spent upwards of £400 on a combination of artist sketches, comic books and graphic novels with the biggest single purchase being around £70 for one issue of Uncanny X-Men (first appearance of Gambit, in immaculate condition!). From conversations with the dealers over the past couple of years, though, I suspect attendees like myself are in the minority as far as comics are concerned.

Each year I go I learn something new and improve my experience each time. One of the first things I learnt was don't think about using any cash machines near or around the venue. They will be empty or have massive queues. Either way it'll put a real downer on your day if you run out of cash for an autograph and you have to go outside and queue at the ATM only to find it empty after you've waited half an hour to use it. Get your cash out locally, near where you live a couple of days before. Plan your spending and if getting autographs bring a messenger bag with clip board or something similar until you buy some autograph wallets. Nothing worse than spending all your cash to get home and find your pictures are bent or have creases in them. Other things I bring include; water (fizzy drinks just make you even more thirsty), headache tablets, a small teddy bear (in case I have to entertain a small child who has gotten lost ) deodorant and a knife, just in case something thinks Back to The Future isn't the greatest movies ever!