Eliza Dushku?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from meeting Eliza Dushku. I got straight in at 9am and managed to get ticket number 67 for her, by the time I was queuing up to meet her they were handing out number 650+ and this was before 11am so I would imagine she will be very busy today and people arriving later in the day wont get to meet her but they have not been allowing any posing for photos which should speed things up abit but I did manage to get 6 or 7 photos of her from the queue.

Also, I dont think many dealers will be queuing up as it was a 4 autograph limit and when I asked to have just her signature on a photo I was told she would only personalise her autographs which I guess is to try and stop people selling her autograph on eBay but they didnt tell me this until after I had paid for two autographs (1 for me and 1 for a member of this board) so I ended up with a great personalised photo made out to me and another made out to Katie (sister suggested Katie as my sister has some friends called Katie at college who are fans of Buffy/Angel and thought she would be able to sell it to one of them), was either that or ask for a refund while I was standing in front of Eliza and I just couldnt bring myself to do it.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

Just got back from meeting Eliza Dushku. I got straight in at 9am and managed to get ticket number 67 for her, by the time I was queuing up to meet her they were handing out number 650+ and this was before 11am...

Bloody hell, that's a lot. I luckily got number 7 this morning, and had a nice chat to Eliza's mum while we were waiting to meet the girl herself!

I left about 2 hours ago and the queue looked quite horrendous, they were only on number 250 then!

Hi, unfortunately i did not know exactly where in the hall she was signing ,walked around and byt he time i found her got number 260. And byt that time it was only 2 sigs, personalisational only. I was a little annoyed at per publicist for doing that, not ED fault, but i had some nice items I have been collecting signatures for a while with, poster and script, and none were personalised so wanted the same from her. In the end I did not get what i wanted signed as it would have looked really dumb with 12 signs, and only one personalisation. Doing that also means a lot of time is spent with guests, look at C4, at the end of Elijah etc, 1 sig and no photo no personalisation, Hope everyone gets to meet her though, seems really nice.

Have a look at my images, I hope you like - enjoy them, respost to other forums if you want, but do not remove copyright

http://www.btinternet.com/~nicholas_owen/n...nowen_ed001.jpg

http://www.btinternet.com/~nicholas_owen/n...nowen_ed002.jpg

http://www.btinternet.com/~nicholas_owen/n...nowen_ed003.jpg

Edited by illusionist

i met her aswell. I got by where she was signing about 9:10 and managed to get no.189 but it look 5 hours just to see her and i thought mine was a lowish number lol I heard the woman saying they were hoping she was going to get at least 500 done by when it closed but i couldnt really see that happening. It was down to 2 items when we got there and we couldnt take any pics when we had past a certain point so i dont think i got any good ones. But hey i met her and had a quick chat so i'm happy :lol:

I got ticket number 20, she was really nice but, why no photos????? The queue was so slow anyway because of the chatting and personalising. I asked her for a photo anyway but it didn't come out:(

Yeah i just got back too, She was really friendly, one of the most nicest Buffy actors i have met, she was charging £20 for her autographs and by 11.30 they were only on ticket numbers 100- 125, she was signing very slow as she was writting a message on every photo and spending a while chatting, which is nice.

But the orgainsers are very harsh as it is very hot in the hall and they continuously pushing people together saying that they can see gaps so basically they were forcing you to press up to the person in front of you.

And if you asked Eliza for a photo of her and you, your autograph will be banned although you have already brought it.

I saw her too.

She was very friendly and chatty.

Shame couldn't get photo with her, however got some good ones in the queue.

Long way to travel to see one person though (from Crawley) and expensive with two entry fees and food having had to wait about 5 hours! Though did buy some trading cards (but more expense).

Great meeting her, so really glad I went.

I am really pleased to say that the organisation, and the whole feel of the event (my first time there) was not to the standard of collectormania and LFACC - well done Showmasters, you really do an excellent job, it's only now that I really appreciate how well you do it!

Marky

:lol:

I agree about the staff, forcing everyone in closer, i had a poster roll and got it knocked out of my hands twice and had to get it off the florr whilst being shoved by others, not their fault but more the attitude of get tonnes in the queue. Nice person though, look forward to maybe seeing her at C6/7 :) SM??!?!

5hrs thoguh to get through 250 was a bit slow, but then again its her 1st Uk appearance like this, so good on her..

Mmmm, I saw them, I've got about 10 photo's to prove - magnificent!

She was really nice, had a good chat about Tru Calling too!

Oh, and I did glance once or twice at her face!

Marky

:firedevil:

just got back from meeting her also!

when we got there we couldn't find any of the guests as they were all amoungst dealers and had no signs or anything! eventualy found Eliza and had ticket 279 which was called about 3pm - 5ish hours to get through that many people (minus her lunch etc) seemed a bit much as they were not allowing photos - not even of her signing your item that you paid £20 for!!! :firedevil::blush::blink: ) as also down to 2items by then but I was only getting the one anyways so didn't matter. queue assistant wrote our names on postits which Eliza could then just copy and they REALLY were pushing people (physically!) though - when we left about 4pm she was coming up to 600

was well cwl getting to see her but £15 to get in then hanging out for 5hours then £20 for her sig was a bit much when you weren't even allowed to take a pic of her!!! plus she seemed to be writing "love" on all the blokes ones :firedevil:

cwl day none the less and glad that they had virtual queueing as there was not room for a huge line of people had they not had it! but they should atleast direct people the right way or have a sign!!!

cool pics peeps

Luv surfy sah xx

ps-was the women next to Eliza her mum?????? :angry:

• Moderators

I love her :firedevil:

I love her :firedevil:

I love her :blush:

I love her :blink:

I love her :angry:

She looked SOOOO good today, just a shame I was too nervous to say anything worthwhile to her ...

Got there about 7:50, errrrm waited til 9 ... thanks to Neo for letting me know where she was! :lol:

Got ticket no.24 which I was very happy about :lol:

Got lots of pics! and aww I wanna see her again :D

Guess what? I saw her too. Had a good chat with her, quite long actually, and she told me about some secrets about possible upcoming projects, but I'm not to tell :firedevil:

Got 4 items signed - 3 for me and one for my old buddy!

Obi-Wan :firedevil:

Guess what? I saw her too. Had a good chat with her, quite long actually, and she told me about some secrets about possible upcoming projects, but I'm not to tell :o

Obi-Wan  :help:

Hey Obi~

Thanks very much for the ticket, I O U 1!

Hey you forgot to say that Eliza looked at your video camera and said, "Was up!", it was pritty cool, i saw it!

(Oh and thank the Mrs too!)

:lol:

Edited by Adam

Guess what? I saw her too. Had a good chat with her, quite long actually, and she told me about some secrets about possible upcoming projects, but I'm not to tell :P

Obi-Wan :unsure:

Hey Obi~

Thanks very much for the ticket, I O U 1!

Hey you forgot to say that Eliza looked at your video camera and said, "Was up!", it was pritty cool, i saw it!

(Oh and thank the Mrs too!)

;)

Oh yeah lol. We looked at that when we got home - that was cool of her. :D

Always pleased to help a fellow Jedi ;) Mrs Obi says nice to meet you guys too and glad the ticket helped out!

See you Tuesday bud!

Obi-Wan :yoda:

I was ticket number 529, she wasn't writing 'love' just personalising names and signing. Allthough I don't blame her after all the piccies she must have signed.

If it wasn't for the rail replacement system and having to get a coach half way to Birmingham I might have been able to get an earlier number!

She was really nice though! :lol: