Eliza Dushku?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had to response to this bit (only just come back to the forum)

I had my wife with me, my friend in front of me, another friend in the line beside me and we were all in conversation for most of the queuing up time. I was even in conversation with Andy of Sector 14 and we were talking about digital cameras. The plain and simple truth is we were unaware of the 'no photo's with Eliza' situation until well after the incident.

We were repeatedly told in the qweue that oince you had paid for the signatures there would be NO photos taken from there, which meant no close photos of ED and NO photos with her. Like you Obi-wan I have collecte a large amount of photos with celebs BUT I was totally pissed about not being allowed to get one with her, there was only signatures WITH personalisation (which is a joke as I have greta items signed by many of the cast without To Nick but had to hjave it from her, besides the point) but not even get a photo withboth myself and ED in was a joke. Either way you asked, and I think it had reprecusions for us all, they really enforced it. I am not sure what ticket number you were, but when she went for lunch a huge white card was put up whee she was signing saying 2 items, personalised only and NO Photos.

Dont get me wrong I cant mind you got one, but I do think it was part of the reason they continued to enforce no photos very hard, which is unfair on the remaining ticket holders. Overall the attitude of the publicist and organisers likely had a lot more influence on this no photo rule than you actions. It happened, everyone will get over it. I'll just make sure next time I see you I get in a queue ahead of you :P;) (Joking)

I think Obi got his auto before me (which was still quite early on the sat morning). If thats the case then we weren't told in the queue at all, and there were no signs. We also weren't told wen we paid. I was not aware either that it had been announced before the event. Whilst queueing i saw a few peeps asking for pics and that was why i assumed they were going to be allowing them all day. Whilst i was talking to Eliza i heard the security bloke telling my sis to not take my photo and that was the first i heard of it, the reason i still got my photo is cus id already asked Eliza.

My point is that is wasn't strictly enforced from the very start, it only happened later, probably after it had already passed a few lucky people.

I still find it amazing how you didn't hear the large woman in the green top (who was one of the people giving out the tickets for Eliza) shouting "NO PHOTOS WITH ELIZA!", and I also find it amazing the amount of people who supported Obi-Wan in breaking the rules whether he knew or not.

It's good to know there are at least a few people who know rules are put there for a reason and should be stuck to.

The big green woman was also not yelling from the VERY beginning of the day, it was only after about an hour in.

I don't usually agree with breaking rules but it Eliza seemed fine with photos and everyone was being allowed to chat away for as ong as they wanted anyway, so there was no need for the rule

I still find it amazing how you didn't hear the large woman in the green top (who was one of the people giving out the tickets for Eliza) shouting "NO PHOTOS WITH ELIZA!", and I also find it amazing the amount of people who supported Obi-Wan in breaking the rules whether he knew or not.

It's good to know there are at least a few people who know rules are put there for a reason and should be stuck to.

Giggles: I find it amazing you are still singling me out. Do I actually know you? Have I done something to provoke this personal grudge?

Illusionist: I was among the first (around twentieth) in the queue (give or take), and as Jen noted I didn't hear anything about photographs. Two people in line in front of me did exactly the same thing so I assumed it was fine to do so. I also did not ask Eliza to 'pose' just merely if she could look up for the camera, for which she willingly obliged. It took a split second - a push of a button.

To Jen and all the other people that have shown their support, Thank You all. Don't worry I'm not taking 'giggles' (must be an ironic name that) seriously at all, the more this goes on the more I'm convinced it's just a case of severe jealousy.

Obi-Wan :D

My friends and I were lucky enough to be 3rd, 4th and 5th in the queue to see Eliza. Whilst we were waiting for her to arrive with our cameras poised, the lady sitting at the desk, who seemed to be in charge, said that we couldn't take ANY photos at all, let alone posed ones. She said we could only take photos once we were out of the queue! :wub:

Understandably we were a bit miffed at this, but when Eliza turned up, everyone started snapping away, so we took some photos anyway, although NOT posed ones.

I don't think there was much communication between the staff, cos one lady ( I think it was the infamous Green Top Lady ) was telling people along the queue that there would be no photos WITH Eliza, but didn't say you couldn't take photos whilst standing in the queue.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth B)

O.K. probably time for me to add my tuppence worth. I helped out with the signing all weekend (I was the brunette behind the desk taking your money). The "no posed photos rule" had been decided before Eliza even arrived in Birmingham. It was mentioned by Stuart on the Sector 14 website, written very clearly on the piece of paper that was tacked up behind the desk and repeatedly mentioned both by myself and everyone else who was monitoring the queue. (BTW could we please call "green top lady" by her name which is Donna, who is an extremely experienced steward who very kindly gave up her weekend to help out even though she was one of the very first in the queue on the Saturday for autographs and she didn't end up getting her autos until Sunday afternoon.)

Of course there will always be people who will disregard whatever they are told and will ask the star directly for a photo. And to be frank they are being incredibly cheeky. A star may have expressly said that they don't want photographs but will not want to appear rude when directly asked and so will appear to be absolutely fine with posing for a photo even if it is directly against his or her wishes. I guess what it comes down to is respect. If you are told "no photos" then you should indeed respect that decision.

Now I know that for many people getting a photo with the guest is the highlight of the day but the fact is that we wanted as many people as possible to see Eliza in the time available. On the Saturday people were allowed to take photos of Eliza in the front line as they were waiting to see her - and people took complete advantage of this. People took multiple shots, holding up the queue whilst they danced around trying to get an ideal shot of Eliza. At which point Eliza inevitably noticed the camera and the queue would be held up even more whilst the person posed for a photograph with her. And the end result? Quite a few people who wanted to see Eliza on the Saturday couldn't because those taking the pictures had slowed everything down so much.

On the Sunday it was decided that once you reached the front row no more photos could be taken. The result? Eliza had signed over 500 autographs by lunchtime and signed for 800 people during the course of the day.

Simply put photographs take up far, far too much time and it was quite rightfully decided that it was more important to let as many people as possible have the experience of meeting Eliza for a few seconds rather than let a substantially fewer number meet her and have a posed photograph with her.

And at the end of the day isn't the experience of meeting someone whose work you have admired and getting their autograph the most important thing - not whether or not you get a photo with them?

Me and my sister arrived at Birmingham on the earlybird ticket to see Eliza and were among the first to meet her. I think we were about ten back from the start.

When you say rules were set about the photos both Jen and Obi Wan are right to say that there were no signs up right at the start to say no photos with Eliza, and we didn't hear any announcements about this either. So in my opinion neither one was disregarding rules by asking for a photo because they were unaware of the rules. We didn't get a photo with Eliza because I was too shy to ask, but I did see two men in front of me get one posed with her. A man with long dark hair in a black leather jacket and jeans and another one who had a Faith toy that Eliza signed on the front. I assume these are the ones Obi Wan is talking about because I don't remember seeing him in front of me.

I think taking photos takes less time than those that were chatting to her and asking questions. I know I'd much rather manage a quick hello and a photo than ask involving questions that take time. I think getting a photo with Eliza is more important than getting the autograph as it actually proves you met her. Autographs can be easily bought off the internet and shops. As for getting as many people to meet her as possible shouldn't that be get as many people through so the organisers can make as much money as possible?

Isn't it a bit pointless this argument anyway? Its not like you can go back and undo it is it?

(BTW could we please call "green top lady" by her name which is Donna, who is an extremely experienced steward who very kindly gave up her weekend to help out even though she was one of the very first in the queue on the Saturday for autographs and she didn't end up getting her autos until Sunday afternoon.)

It could be either myself or Bookall as we both wore green tops over the weekend.

As I said, I was one of the lucky ones who was at the front of the queue on the Saturday. The new rules on the Sunday obviously worked well as she got through 800 autos that day. When I left at lunchtime on the Saturday she had only got to 175!

I agree that it's better to get through as many people as possible, so no one is dissappointed, rather than spending lots of time over posed ( and unposed! ) photos, although I was a bit upset at the time!

P.S I apologise for calling Donna 'The Green Top Lady'. Sorry! :lol:

I did see two men in front of me get one posed with her. A man with long dark hair in a black leather jacket and jeans and another one who had a Faith toy that Eliza signed on the front. I assume these are the ones Obi Wan is talking about because I don't remember seeing him in front of me.

Thank you. Yes these were the same guys I saw. They weren't together in the queue, maybe one or two people between them, but they both definitely got photos with Eliza on the Saturday. The guy with the leather jacket also had a Bring It On DVD cover.

Obi-Wan :wub:

obi-wan, as you can see from the other posts, there was a rule for no photos. Ok, so you got on,e i am glad for you, nice for the collection. Overall, and this is not taking you as an example, there are people in the queues that try it on when things happen like this - some try for more items signed, longer time, many photos etc, and it tends to ruin things for others. At least the event tried to be consistent by organising from the start no photos, many places i have been tend to do it as a knee jerk reaction to too many people and not enough time. Good on the organisers for that. Oh and for the record there is no jealousy involved on my behalf, just was a little surprisedby the reactions of some on the board.It will be interesting to see if at C5 there maybe no posed photo rules due to lots of queues, this time everyone be a little more considerate if you see they are doing that. Keep on posting :)

Edited by illusionist

obi-wan, as you can see from the other posts, there was a rule for no photos. Ok, so you got on,e i am glad for you, nice for the collection. Overall, and this is not taking you as an example, there are people in the queues that try it on when things happen like this - some try for more items signed, longer time, many photos etc, and it tends to ruin things for others. At least the event tried to be consistent by organising from the start no photos, many places i have been tend to do it as a knee jerk reaction to too many people and not enough time. Good on the organisers for that. Oh and for the record there is no jealousy involved on my behalf, just was  a little surprisedby the reactions of some on the board.It will be interesting to see if at C5 there maybe no posed photo rules due to lots of queues, this time everyone be a little more considerate if you see they are doing that. Keep on posting :)

What part of THERE WERE NO SIGNS DISPLAYED TO THIS EFFECT AT THE VERY START and I DIDN'T HEAR ANY NO PHOTO ANNOUNCEMENTS do you not understand? I thought that I had explained that clearly enough. I guess not.

The point is, regardless of what you say, people are addressing their concerns about, and to, me. What happened happened, get over it all of you. I naturally assumed as the guys further up from me got a photo with her, everything was cool. No one challenged me there and then, so I left assuming the same thing. It is only the jealous few on here who even raised it in the first place and it has gotten way out of hand.

Regardless of what happened I don't know exactly what you people want from me? GET OVER IT!

Obi-Wan :D

Edited by obi-wan