Buffy The Movie

bunnycure

Not much information is known about whether it'll even happen, if or when it does the owners to the series rights would be looking to create a relaunch of the series, similar to the revamped Star Trek.

The film would have no connection to the TV series, no inclusion of familiar characters and as for now, does not include Buffy creator Joss Whedon.

Obviously not a popular choice for the current fans, i feel that enough of the spirit of the show will introduce new fans while giving those more familiar with the show something fresh and new set within a still recognisable universe.

Edited by Brian Cairns

I watched the original movie the other day , first time in years and I actually quite enjoyed it, which if you are a fan of the TV Show is probably not the thing you are supposed to say !!!!

Looking back at it now amongst all the craziness you can still see quite a lot of intentions of what Joss was trying to get across originally in the script. In the end , it all ended well as I guess we wouldn't have all those great seasons of BTVS to watch if the movie had done really well, perhaps just a couple of movies instead and having the TV show really allowed the characters to develop.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update guys :) I wish they had kept the series going as the season 8 and 9 comics have went a lot darker and it would have been interesting to see how that would have went with the series had they decided to run with the same storyline that is, I loved the show hugely and I think Buffy and the X files was the first shows I really got into and started me on collectibles :), and I think both of these shows really paved the way for the amazing shows we have today, like supernatural, true blood, vamp diaries, walking dead etc. As they were the first shows of the nineties that was based on the supernatural sci fi genre. I think a Buffy movie would be awesome and I would love to see a new twist that would introduce new fans as well as shed new light on an old fave for existing fans. :)

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I knew, the Kazui folks were the ones trying to do it but it all fell apart & is now DOA?

At least, I hope that's still the case!

Buffy was of its day, though I still think it should have ended with season 5, it was a great show.

• 1 month later...

The proposed movie that you refer to is dead in the water, thank goodness. Sarah Michelle Gellar, however, recently indicated her desire to return in a big screen version as have many original cast members. Whedon has also not ruled it out. The recent interview from Sarah was the first time she has even hinted at a possible movie so...... it could still happen.

• Like 2

The proposed movie that you refer to is dead in the water, thank goodness. Sarah Michelle Gellar, however, recently indicated her desire to return in a big screen version as have many original cast members. Whedon has also not ruled it out. The recent interview from Sarah was the first time she has even hinted at a possible movie so...... it could still happen.

I live in hope

• 2 weeks later...

I live in hope

Ditto :)

I live in hope

Ditto :)

It would be great to see a Buffy movie with the original cast and mayby include some of the Angel cast :smile:

• Like 1