Ray Park - Refund Issue

First off I'd like to say, I had a fantastic weekend this year! And I hope you all did too! Best comic con ever in my opinion!

One slight Issue, due to Mr Park not attending on the Sunday, about 3:30pm me and my girlfriend went to the sales desk for a refund. They said it'd have to be onto the card I paid for them on, however due to the fact they were bought for me as a gift I did not have it on me. To which they said seeing as it's the end of the weekend, they'd give me the cash.

Apon walking away, I noticed they'd only handed me £40, not £50 (for two £25 tickets). So I returned to the desk and queried, however they showed me printed on the ticket was 'RAY PARK PHOTOSHOOT SUNDAY £20', and said they could do no more. After a (slightly heated) discussion, I had to leave with a £10 loss rather than a £50 loss due to me not having the card I paid for them on.

Now this isn't a rant about guests cancelling, that's totally understandable and un-avoidable. However I'm not out of pocket for a miss-print on my ticket and am very upset with the fact that such a simple mistake has left me in the position I'm in. And (not a dig to any of the admins on the forum, you're good as gold!) but I'm not going to roll over and accept the whole 'Once the transaction has been paid it cannot be amended' policy that most of the desks take at the event itself, because this is not a mistake I have made, but more an error on SM's behalf.

I didn't let it spoil my weekend, but I'd very much like some info into how I can be refunded my extra £10 I am owed.

Other than that, fab weekend!

Ta,

Che-Snake :)

I've read som

Does anybody know what happened with Ray Park and why he couldn't retunr today.

I've read somewhere he wanted to support his friend at a finale? I'm guessing Wimbledon (Sorry, dont know much about Tennis haha)

Shouldn't you take this up with SM directly instead of making a heated post on the forums over a tenner?

I'm asking on the forum for help, as the forum is handy for.

And in the nicest was possible, do you wanna give me the tenner for it? Because as a student money isn't the easiest thing to come by. And as these events are the highlight of my year, I only normally just about scrape the money together to go. So all in all, yes. I will post on here over a tenner.

Ta,

• Like 5

Quite a few comments about the refunds for Park being a fiver short. I'm sure SM will do the right thing and honor the PAID price, not what a miss printed bit of paperwork states.

Shame Ray did not keep to his schedule appearance, but based on his previous track record, i suppose we was lucky he showed up at all!

Shouldn't you take this up with SM directly instead of making a heated post on the forums over a tenner?

Che-snake raised a point in a fair way with lots of positive points. A tenner is a lot to most of us who appreciate money. There was no heat in the query just asking for advice that many others may find useful if they were in same position as the forum is a great place to check information. I was not going to meet Ray myself but I know I would feel gutted if one my favourite guest cancelled and I was down some money.

• Like 1

The same thing happened to me. I was refunded £20 back to my card but I bought the ticket online and paid £25. I have sent an email to info@showmastersonline.com with my order number and hopefully they will refund the difference.

Yeah, I would email the office. It's the best way. Just be prepared to be patient as it may take a few days for them to sift through emails and organise how best to deal with queries. All Sm staff have been at the event I think so they will have some catching up to do.

I will get this checked out for you guys. This request would have to go through the store e-mail and not the office you have to go to by the way, but both will be swamped anyway - so it probably does not matter in the end.

And janeway is correct, all staff has been at the event. I am actually typing this from Heathrow Airport where I am going to reside for a couple of more hours. :lol:

• Like 1

Okay, straight from the source comes the following info/request_

Can anyone who was refunded the wrong amount and has not yet e-mailed please e-mail info@collectormania.com with their name and order number please? If you're on Hotmail and would prefer to play safe you are welcome to e-mail me instead, the e-mail is in my profile.

This was an on the day error, the crew at the sales table were by mistake given a wrong price sheet to work with and it was not caught right away. Please accept our apologies for the trouble this has caused. You will of course be refunded the missing monday too.

You will see the refunds start to come through by the weekend hopefully.

I've read som

I've read somewhere he wanted to support his friend at a finale? I'm guessing Wimbledon (Sorry, dont know much about Tennis haha)

I have seen this suggested elsewhere on other posts too, but surely this isn't the case. I know that SM can't frogmarch people to their tables and force them to sign autographs but there are contracts that should be adhered to surely...I'm glad that I saw him on Saturday and had my photoshoot on Saturday but I'd left my poster and a photo for him to sign on Sunday so slightly disappointed.....oh well you can't win them all.

Can anyone who was refunded the wrong amount and has not yet e-mailed please e-mail info@collectormania.com with their name and order number please? If you're on Hotmail and would prefer to play safe you are welcome to e-mail me instead, the e-mail is in my profile.

This was an on the day error, the crew at the sales table were by mistake given a wrong price sheet to work with and it was not caught right away. Please accept our apologies for the trouble this has caused. You will of course be refunded the missing monday too.

Thanks QS, you star! Can you please give me your email?

Ta,

Thanks QS, you star! Can you please give me your email?

Ta,

It's in her profile as she says...she'll help she's top notch :clap:

I've read som

I have seen this suggested elsewhere on other posts too, but surely this isn't the case. I know that SM can't frogmarch people to their tables and force them to sign autographs but there are contracts that should be adhered to surely...I'm glad that I saw him on Saturday and had my photoshoot on Saturday but I'd left my poster and a photo for him to sign on Sunday so slightly disappointed.....oh well you can't win them all.

well i dont know were he has on sunday-but he was with his mates at the same pub as me on saturday night-he even came over to me & my mate and shoke our hands and joked with us