helpful advice for your weekend with us :-)

Hi! What happens if my photoshoot numerb is called and I either don't realize it or I'm in a panel? do I lose the opportunity or is like the autograph (I can join in whenever after they called the vt number?)

Hi! What happens if my photoshoot numerb is called and I either don't realize it or I'm in a panel? do I lose the opportunity or is like the autograph (I can join in whenever after they called the vt number?)

Be therebefore the photoshoot is over, that's the only requirement.

As long as the queue is still going and the guest is still there then you can join the queue if up to your number has been shouted but try not to be late because the shoots can be fast sometimes and you might miss your shoot.

Random advice question! My wife has decided she wants a photo with Lena (typically after the store closed, even though I asked when she went on sale!) but anyway, we're leaving around 4pm Saturday. Do you guys reckon if she buys a photo on the day (I know need timetable first, I reckon it'll appear today) she'll get into the "first" photo shoot?

Never bought on the day before, it's a new experience for me!

• Showmasters Admin

No one can really answer that. We don't know how many ticket have been sold online already or how many will be sold before you get one. You might be ticket 300 you might be 560, we honestly have no way of knowing.

If you HAVE to leave before the second one, please talk to the crew in the photo shoot and they will do what they can to help.

I agree with you on that one. I just need to explain it xD..wish me luck...

Just use your phone and get it printed for him. That way you only need to pay for one print, and you don't have to bring a disposable B)

Hi! I have purchased a Gold Pass and so will need to pick up a wrist-band on the day. The only thing is, the pass was paid for using my Brothers Debit Card, not my own. Obviously, we have the same surname, but is this going to present a problem, and I am attending but my brother is not? Can you advise me?! Thanks!

Hi! I have purchased a Gold Pass and so will need to pick up a wrist-band on the day. The only thing is, the pass was paid for using my Brothers Debit Card, not my own. Obviously, we have the same surname, but is this going to present a problem, and I am attending but my brother is not? Can you advise me?! Thanks!

The order was in your name and you only used your brother's card? Then it's no problem.

random question here, but Rockstar6662 noted that there will be places and times when flash will not be allowed in the main hall... does anyone have any clarification on that please?

There isn't really anywhere outside Earls Court for cosplay photography really, and with the absolutely hideous inside lighting, most DSLR's will be stretched to function properly inside without flash... I can understand it around the guest tables, but will flash (obviously with a diffuser) be allowed elsewhere in the hall?

Is the lighting really that bad in the hall? I am not an expert DSLR user but I would be amazed if the camera could not sort that out. I will have a play with the AWB when I am inside but what sort of lights are they using to create such bad lighting conditions

Hall 2 in February this year... so unless they've changed the lighting severely, this is what we're limited to.

Didn't take that shot personally, i'll be heading up with full camera gear to get some shots... so hopefully F/1.2 lens might do better in reducing my ISO to a manageable level, but having a flash would make it a hell of a lot nicer :)

858986_495794880481781_676057959_o1_zpsbc01db24.jpg

Hummm I see what you mean. I better read up on fiddling with my camera and the white balance. I know I should have bought a white card for setting the white balance. Oh well.

If not I will claim that the yellowish look is what I was going for :P

yeah, i've got a white card for balance already, but it's the 'lack of light' that worries me... without boosting up ISO, people will be reduced to having slow shutter speeds to compensate for the lack of light, leading to blurred photos... and a lot of very unhappy photographers :(

yeah, i've got a white card for balance already, but it's the 'lack of light' that worries me... without boosting up ISO, people will be reduced to having slow shutter speeds to compensate for the lack of light, leading to blurred photos... and a lot of very unhappy photographers :(

Bit behind on this thread. Last time it was at EC2 I had my Nikon D60 with a 50mm f1.8 lens and a slower zoom. That wasn't bad in terms of getting decent shots but did have to crank the ISO up to 1600 at times. It relatively dark in there. I admit it's not a high-end SLR and the AWB really struggled to compensate as the lighting doesn't seem to be a "standard" temperature and even trying to manually set it didn't seem to go too well. Prob did it wrong. It's somewhere near tungsten but not quite. Easier to correct if you shoot in RAW though.

I personally don't bother to take my flash or use the one on the camera. There are often signs up around guests asking for no flash photography even if taking pictures is ok and I know I wouldn't like lots of flashes going off at me throughout the day so I don't bother. It is allowed in talks for the first few mins but then there's a no flash rule for the rest of the talk.

random question here, but Rockstar6662 noted that there will be places and times when flash will not be allowed in the main hall... does anyone have any clarification on that please?

There isn't really anywhere outside Earls Court for cosplay photography really, and with the absolutely hideous inside lighting, most DSLR's will be stretched to function properly inside without flash... I can understand it around the guest tables, but will flash (obviously with a diffuser) be allowed elsewhere in the hall?

The no-flash is only for certain guests. They can have cards up with no photography or no flash photography. The rest of the hall is fine for flash-photography though, so grab those csplayers for a picture and flash away!

yay, good news... thanks Liessa...

I do have a heavy diffuser for my flashgun, as i don't want to disturb anyone with my photos... but being allowed to use it is great news :D

Rockstar6662, i'll be taking my 5D Mk3 and a 1.2 lens, so hopefully combined with a heavy flash diffuser, i should be good for everything

Hi David, do you know when press info will be emailed out?

I spoke to a woman from Showmasters today via phone, who said that apparently press packs will be sent out today and tomorrow (Tues).... I haven't received mine yet either.

Hey, did you get your info yet? I have all my travel booked for tomorrow morning but yet to hear. I know they have loads to go through but its leaving it very late is it not? Its the first time we will have covered LFCC so this may be the norm

Hi David, do you know when press info will be emailed out?

I spoke to a woman from Showmasters today via phone, who said that apparently press packs will be sent out today and tomorrow (Tues).... I haven't received mine yet either.

Hey, did you get your info yet? I have all my travel booked for tomorrow morning but yet to hear. I know they have loads to go through but its leaving it very late is it not? Its the first time we will have covered LFCC so this may be the norm

Oh well we had to set off from Scotland and hope all is ok as we couldn't wait any longer for travel etc so we are on our way.

Edited by Gordon The Gopher