I'm going! Who else is?

gobo1979uk

Can't wait to go again this year and it's awesome to see that Glasgow has become a serious option for people who would normaly go to the larger shows.

Glasgow has a nice friendly atmosphere with the arena under a busy shopping centre.

• Like 2

iam glad too that glasgow has become a bigger show this year and alot of people who go to the more larger shows like cmk and lfcc are attending,i look forward to collectormania glasgow every year it has a good friendly atmosphere,great stalls and a fantastic prop display by reverend scapegoat :)

• Like 1

chip shops, nightclubs and cinemas, dude.

depending on your taste in music, theres the cathouse rock club near glasgow central train station and there is an after party thingy after the show thats run by the same people that run the show or something like that...a "keep your con ticket and get in to the club free" kinda deal but i really dont know specifics.

i think 'Reverend Scapegoat" has previous with the after partys so watch for him on the forums and he mite b able to help with party info....

personally, after GCM ill be going straight home for a glass of milk and bed, as that will be all ill be able to afford thanks to autographs and collectables bought.....

• Like 1

My first time too :)

Cool. U in Glasgow and if your first time? Have u been to any other showmasters events?

Yeahh.

Just Hub 7 & 8 :)

Checking out your twitter pix it seems like u still met a lot of stars :-)

• Like 1

If you go into the main IMAX you also have the science centre that's also in the same building. There's loads to do in Xscape which is within walking distance from Braehead shopping centre.

Glasgow is a big city, so there are always plenty of places to go and other events to do.

Here's a handy link for you all: http://www.glasgow.g...?articleid=2898

Edited by Brian Cairns
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Travel Lodge booked and ready for the week end.. We will be there as usual but I'm thinking of digging out my old Stormtrooper outfit ready for an airing....its a bit old now, but a few years back was ROTJ movie accurate....wonder if I got the guts to wear it amongst all the youngsters..

• Like 2

@vw

dude, your stressing about it...

believe me, im the same!

not "used to be like that..." but still like that haha.

i fret bout how i look, i worry i get in the way of the bulky costumed folks etc...

its just cos ur out of ur comfort zone mate n its no different than ur first old firm match where ur surrounded by 60,000 screaming geezers or when u meet a mate in a pub u wouldnt normally b seen dead in....you feel as if everything stops n looks at u but trust me, glasgow collectormania isnt like that.

once ur in the arena door, its just stalls everywhere...

no different than a trip to tescos mate....except for the added aliens, zombies and princess peaches thatll be walking around...

ul b fine, n u wont be alone in feeling 'new'.

i for one am dressing up n never really have so i too am panicing a bit

but its all gonna go as planned and a great day awaits im sure, mate...

• Like 2