Cosplay

OverGeek

Hey guys!

Can't believe how close it's getting now. Thought I'd pop my head back in here.

Really looking forward to this years event, got two new cosplays planned myself. Ones been a work in progress for about 4 years haha.

Can't wait to see everyone again, and everyone's costumes. :)

• Like 1

Wow this contest is gonna kick ass. Btw guys if your music is available on spotify commercially this will help as we use it to get music for entry on the day. Of course if you have a specific soundtrack you'll be able to email us that such as the one for your skit. Please check the rules for more details.

Of course, all the Showmasters crew are willing to help out, either myself or Zonic are more than willing to answer any questions or queries that anyone may have.

I'd probably suggest against the use of spotify Zonic, as you can't guarantee a consistent Internet connection. I have a back catalogue of lots of music, including lots of stuff I've used in previous Showmasters cosplay masquerades, that should be more than sufficient to cover most cosplays. :)

Ok I mentioned this on UK cosplay and was told to mention it here.

The website says there is facilities for cosplayers to leave bags and get changed.

But there really isn't.

In my first year going we were let in to the changing room only for others to come over and tell us we weren't allowed there.

Ever since I have just gave up on trying to put my bags anywhere which is really annoying when someone wants a picture as i have to shift around or hand my stuff to someone.

Last year in my Lulu cosplay it was far too big and heavy to wear going so i had to go change outside in a bathroom stall and then drag a suitcase around which he cosplay desk kindly let me leave my suitcase with them but again I had a little bag with my phone and money and camera in it which my friend kindly held for me as i had to hold up the dress to move and if i bought anything he had to carry that too.

So either take it off the website that you offer cosplay facilities or actually offer them.

this seems to have gotten lost. to clarify - a member of staff will be on the cosplay desk at all times and will be more than happy to look after your belongings for you. we will have changing rooms however these are quite small in size so bulky armor may be an issue in them, we will see what we can sort for the event, A member of staff will happyily help you on the day.

Kind regards

Jess Banks

• Like 1

Sorry Jessica, this may seem rather rude, but I'd be too worried about leaving my belongings with a stranger, it is too easy for things to go missing. Also, I've never been given the offer to get ready in the changing rooms, I didn't know we were allowed to and I've been going to collector mania for five, maybe six years. Maybe, it would be a good idea to have more advertisment of what's available to cosplayers?

I've been looking at theme music and I'm sturggling to decide between Mad Love by the Neon Trees or Chick Habbit by April March for my Harley Quinn, any help guys?

And thanks Carnosoul!

Hi kunochi. Jess has a bit of a misunderstanding on that part, so please accept our apologies.

I'm fully aware there hasn't been changing rooms at Glasgow, and it's something I hope to bring up very soon, in the run up to the event to make sure cosplayers are being catered for. It's something that's available at the other Showmasters events at present and we want to make sure that it happens in Glasgow too.

In terms of secure storage, I don't think that something that Showmasters could offer, we kindly looked after some belongings of others last collectormania, and it's not something that's available at other Showmasters events.

I will bring this point up, but I'm fairly sure it's not something we could offer other than what we did last year. What I'd suggest is maybe keeping valuables on you, but a larger bag with clothes etc, can be easily left with the cosplay desk. I will discuss with the other members that will be on crew for collectormania in terms of maybe trying to do a raffle ticket system. :)

I've been looking at theme music and I'm sturggling to decide between Mad Love by the Neon Trees or Chick Habbit by April March for my Harley Quinn, any help guys?

How about something totally different, 'Rebel Girl' by Bikini Kill would make a great theme for Harley.

Hi kunochi. Jess has a bit of a misunderstanding on that part, so please accept our apologies.

I'm fully aware there hasn't been changing rooms at Glasgow, and it's something I hope to bring up very soon, in the run up to the event to make sure cosplayers are being catered for. It's something that's available at the other Showmasters events at present and we want to make sure that it happens in Glasgow too.

In terms of secure storage, I don't think that something that Showmasters could offer, we kindly looked after some belongings of others last collectormania, and it's not something that's available at other Showmasters events.

I will bring this point up, but I'm fairly sure it's not something we could offer other than what we did last year. What I'd suggest is maybe keeping valuables on you, but a larger bag with clothes etc, can be easily left with the cosplay desk. I will discuss with the other members that will be on crew for collectormania in terms of maybe trying to do a raffle ticket system. :)

It's something that really needs to be addressed and we will be working hard to assure it does. The only other option is for SM to provide a general cloakroom but likely is they will charge for it. I think perhaps as well as a changing room we old look into a secure room that people cold leave props in with raffle ticket system that Mog has suggested in place. if we have enough crew I don't see why this couldn't work. Let us know what would be your ideal situation though so we can work out a system best we can.

I don't think a secure room would be practical and I don't think we'd have the space or man power for that unfortunately. We will come to some arrangement, probably very similar to what was done last year using a ticketing system.

We will have limitations between what we want to provide cosplayers, and what can actually be achieved. Once we know exactly what we will have in place (something that will be discussed in the coming weeks) you will all know. Unfortunately we're not in a position just yet to confirm what will be happening with the Glasgow setup. When we do know, all you lovely cosplayers will be next in line to know exactly what we can offer you to give you all a great weekend. :)

Edited by Madmogsue