Question about the venue

Nick

Hi there,

Was just wondering what the venue is like in terms of seating etc? I have some mobility problems and will need to sit down at points, is there any seating area here?

Only reason I ask is that EC2 had some and EC1 didn't last time I went. I've never been to Olympia.

Many thanks for any advice

Nick

• Moderators

Last time we were in this hall (LFCC) there was access to the balcony area (I believe there were lifts for those that needed them) which I heard provided some limited seating. (I can't say from experience as I never had the free time to go up there myself).

I didnt even have the time to check out the 'Gold Pass area' !

Am I also right in thinking that chairs are not allowed to be brought in now either? and I dont mean great big chairs but a friend had a rucksack that had a small stool attached to it looked like the sort of thing youd take fishing which was quite haqndy if you just needed a quick rest but Im sure I heard or read somewhere that these were all not allowed now. Maybe I just imagined it? lo

Edited by jonathan

Am I also right in thinking that chairs are not allowed to be brought in now either? and I dont mean great big chairs but a friend had a rucksack that had a small stool attached to it looked like the sort of thing youd take fishing which was quite handy if you just needed a quick rest but Im sure I heard or read somewhere that these were all not allowed now. Maybe I just imagined it? lo

I really hope that's not the case! I have bad legs and can't stand for long periods so potentially queuing for photoshoots will be a problem. I plan on bringing a little mini fold up stool so hopefully this won't be a problem, although I don't see why it would be.

Am I also right in thinking that chairs are not allowed to be brought in now either? and I dont mean great big chairs but a friend had a rucksack that had a small stool attached to it looked like the sort of thing youd take fishing which was quite handy if you just needed a quick rest but Im sure I heard or read somewhere that these were all not allowed now. Maybe I just imagined it? lo

I really hope that's not the case! I have bad legs and can't stand for long periods so potentially queuing for photoshoots will be a problem. I plan on bringing a little mini fold up stool so hopefully this won't be a problem, although I don't see why it would be.

I swear I just remember it being mentioned somewhere that they were no longer allowed. I dont agree with them not being allowed and like I say I may have imagined it

Am I also right in thinking that chairs are not allowed to be brought in now either? and I dont mean great big chairs but a friend had a rucksack that had a small stool attached to it looked like the sort of thing youd take fishing which was quite haqndy if you just needed a quick rest but Im sure I heard or read somewhere that these were all not allowed now. Maybe I just imagined it? lo

I've seen people in there with folding chairs. As long as the person carrying doesn't keep hitting people with it I don't know why it should be a problem. There is definitely no announcement I am aware of that they are not okay anymore unless I am missing something on the venue website.

• Like 1

I've seen people in there with folding chairs. As long as the person carrying doesn't keep hitting people with it I don't know why it should be a problem. There is definitely no announcement I am aware of that they are not okay anymore unless I am missing something on the venue website.

It was something being thrown about a few years back, I remember crewers moaning because people were just putting them down and sitting wherever they felt like sitting. I remember one LFCC that a part of the room looking a bit like a little shanty town lol.

I remember my friend being told they were no longer allowed and not to use it but it may well have never been an official 'not allowed' lol