we are working on some big guests so do not get caught out

showmasters

lol.

I LOVE showmasters, I love the amount of work they put in, I love the guests they get. But damn I just wish the people in charge and the moderators would see what they are doing by deleting peoples posts and not giving them chance to reply/ask questions. One of the most annoying things ever is just that. Invading someones post and editing them for you etc....I dont go round to a moderators house and start re-arranging the contents of their fridge! I know they are here for a reason, But they should concentrate on deleting name-calling, arguements etc.

In all other aspects they do a fab job, all they've done is deleted 2 of my threads and changed my sig AGAIN (even though others have links in!) but its already made me hate them! Its just the fact that they don't give you chance to question or explain....and nothing I did was wrong, I was talking about a celebrity coming as a trader, I was not announcing 'guests'.

I think sometimes they need to get off their high horse and come down to our level for a while. We are a nice bunch, we just don't like not being able to say our piece.

FAO all the moderators and people in charge...PLEASE think about this! Feel free to delete all the swearing, serious name calling and dangerous behavior, but just chill a little bit on the other stuff! You are free to run a hell of alot of things, so please don't try to run our opinions too! xxx

I was thinking about maybe coming as a trader one time, but if this is the way I'm treated for not even doing anything wrong, then its put me off :(

• Like 3

I bought all the stuff already, little batman moulds etc! I thought it would be good too!

But theres always a risk with selling foods (i am insured though)

I wanted to bring some of my themed cakes too showcase too!

581326_10150946137971926_380657696_n.jpg

Thought it may be a nice place to find like-minded customers and have a chat about geeky stuff.

But I never know if what I write/post here is going to get locked or deleted. For all I know im probably not even allowed to post the above picture! x

• Moderators

Sorry but this will probably have to be cleaned up soon too - I understand some people don't like the way things are done around here, but if we get requests for things to be removed etc, then that's what we do.

We're trying our best here. I'm not here to p!ss anyone off deliberately - I have a lot of friends here and at the events, and luckily the majority just respect I have a job to do and don't take it personally. It's nothing personal against anyone.

I certainly don't want to be putting anyone off attending or trading etc, and certainly don't want to stop people posting, so sorry about that. But if there's stuff SM don't want on here then that's kinda up to them, and we just have to deal with that. I don't enjoy the continual back and forth of 'why was this done?' etc any more than any of you.

There's a million different places online with different rules etc. We just have to try and respect all of that. There's plenty of things to post about that won't cause issues. Thanks :)

Thanks for the reply David, i really appreciate it :)

I understand that too, i think theres been some arguing over a certain guest here (which i know nothing about!) but which seemed to need reason for being deleted, totally understandable.

I'm just sad that my first post in months was deleted without warning and wasn't in anyway breaking rules etc.

And I do respect you have a job to do, everyone does, it would just be nice to have the opportunity to reply sometimes without causing argument and upset, which is what you are letting me do here so I thank-you for that :)

So am I not allowed to post the above image of my cake? Even though its been blogged around the internet hundreds of times? I dont want it to be seen as advertising, but at the same time this has now become a general image online. (i.e if you type in Alien and predator cake on google you will see it everywhere)

Im just hoping there are people here who 'get' my cake decorating style (geekiness! lol) and is on topic with what someone already mentioned.

Sorry for the questions, just need to know what Im allowed/what not to!

Thanks again David for replying, I just hope no-more of my posts get deleted without warning, I just thought it was quite rude :( xx

ha ha thank-you for the comment on my cake!

Id love to see Christopher Lloyd, I managed to get a photo with him but I had to leave the signing queue to catch my train! Was gutted!

Also Sean Astin, Jeff Cohen, Josh Brolin, lots of walking dead cast etc :) x

ha ha thank-you for the comment on my cake!

Id love to see Christopher Lloyd, I managed to get a photo with him but I had to leave the signing queue to catch my train! Was gutted!

Also Sean Astin, Jeff Cohen, Josh Brolin, lots of walking dead cast etc :) x

yep have to agree totally agree with Christopher Lloyd really gutted that i couldnt meet him last year he be a good annoucement

So far Robert is the only guest of interest to me so I need atleast a couple more for me to actually attend.

Literatly anyone from LOTR, Harry Potter, Batman, Toy Story, Reservior Dogs, The Inbetweeners, American Pie, A Clockwork Orange, Fawlty Towers, The Young Ones, Saw, This is England, Misfits, The IT Crowd, Monty Python.

Horror guests from Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Scream, Night of the Living Dead, The Omen, The Wicker Man, The Evil Dead, An American Werewolf in London.

Other requests include Emilie de Ravin, Kathy Burke, Harry Enfield, Dawn French, Michael Keaton, Ving Rhames, Tim Burton, Reece Shearsmith, Steve Pemberton, Emily Browning, Richard Wilson, Gene Wilder.

This is not meant to be a guest suggestion entirely however you could easily get some big names out of the mentioned films/movies, when you also take into account the directors like John Carpenter, John Landis and Sam Raimi.

Edited by ClockworkOwen18