we are working on some big guests so do not get caught out

showmasters

Woah!! I think I spent in total £500 on autos and photo ops together, not looking to spend that much at EMS as the lone up so far isn't so wonderful! Although I'd be willing to spend it if the right people were announced!

These days its so easy to spend loads. I remember a time when my budget would be 2 or 3 hundred and Id come away with a lot of autographs. But now I seem to spend more and more each time. This time I want 3 more things signrd by Tyson and that will be 300 quid alone. So Im edging nearer and nearer to £1000 this time I reckon. Ouch!!

I think it would be good if next year for a trial, they could look at doing a split with the ratios for this and LFCC. At each event have an 60%-40% or even a 70%-30& in favour of mostly films people at the LFCC (as film is in the title) and then a reverse with this event being more TV people.

This may allow people more access to people from either group and possible names of people that are less likely to get invited as there are fewer places available, especially people not from the genre shows.

I think it would be good if next year for a trial, they could look at doing a split with the ratios for this and LFCC. At each event have an 60%-40% or even a 70%-30& in favour of mostly films people at the LFCC (as film is in the title) and then a reverse with this event being more TV people.

This may allow people more access to people from either group and possible names of people that are less likely to get invited as there are fewer places available, especially people not from the genre shows.

Not practical though. You have to get people who are available and there would be no guarantees you'd be able to get the kind of spread you want. Generally they try and get a good mix but can only take who is available at any given time.

Appreciate others are finding this show great but for me there's only 2 or 3 people of any interest so probably just going to be a one-dayer for me if it stays like this. But I'm not complaining about it, I spent far more than intended at both CM and LFCC (well over £500 just on autos, not accounting for photos) at each, so a nice low-key cheap event is a plus for me at the moment with DSTL, HW4 and Chevron all coming up in consecutive weeks too.

Someone will always complain there isn't enough from this or that show/film/genre which I don't understand. If there's people you want to meet then great but if not then just accept it and wait until the next one.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Not practical though. You have to get people who are available and there would be no guarantees you'd be able to get the kind of spread you want. Generally they try and get a good mix but can only take who is available at any given time.

Appreciate others are finding this show great but for me there's only 2 or 3 people of any interest so probably just going to be a one-dayer for me if it stays like this. But I'm not complaining about it, I spent far more than intended at both CM and LFCC (well over £500 just on autos, not accounting for photos) at each, so a nice low-key cheap event is a plus for me at the moment with DSTL, HW4 and Chevron all coming up in consecutive weeks too.

Someone will always complain there isn't enough from this or that show/film/genre which I don't understand. If there's people you want to meet then great but if not then just accept it and wait until the next one.

I'm not sure that getting the right spread woud be too big a problem as there are so many people that can be asked if they are available and interested. As I said it doesn't have to be from the same old shows. As you would have no doubt seen, there seems to be an neverending list of names requested from a whole variety of shows that are away from the sci-fi/fantasy/cult genres. There will always be stars from some shows that attract more fans than others, but there are so many others that people are missing out on that could be an option as a guest. There isn't a person on these boards that doesn't have fond memories of shows or stars from their childhood or the past that they would love to meet.

Equally wilh the film genre, reducing the number of TV stars would open up the chance of getting more actors/directors etc. and even looking more at targeting a film. For example next year is an anniversary of the 25th anniversary of the film Hellraiser. How cool would it be to get as many of the cast and Clive Barker all at the same event?

It's also the 50th anniversary of the film Summer Holiday. Getting Cliff Richard may not be possible and Richard O'Sullivan who suffers with poor health would make him very unlikely to attend, but getting the rest of the gang back together?

I mentioned it as a suggestion elsewhere, reuniting the surviving cast of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang would be popular. As would getting the actors that played the Von Trapp kids in The Sound of Music.

These kind of all together at an event could potentially be very lucrative business as they would be seen as now or never chances.

• 2 weeks later...

there are a load of who guests ill probably get and the red dwarf cast are a massive draw for me, however there isnt a WOW factor for this event yet, at least not on a general level, natasha was closing on that perhaps but shes had to pull out. will be interesting what the coming weeks hold in terms of guest announcements, but although now general wow, im happy with the dwarf and who guests. esp as im skint.

• Like 2

The Entertainment and Media Show hasn't been around as long as Collectormania and the London Film and Comic Con, but it still boasts a pretty strong line up for a relatively new show. Sometimes the Wow factor comes not from how big a guest is per se but more about the timing of the guest or guests in regard to what work they have recently been doing. Collectormania 4 or the "Hobbit" one was right on the crest of the wave of the general excitement around the LOTR movies and although I'm not a huge LOTR fan you could certainly get caught up in the occassion that weekend. I'd say generally this sort of scale of guests and timing has been pretty rare, but what you always get is a good mix of guests from current and past tv and movies at Showmasters events and yet again they haven't disappointed. The shows are always subject to cancellations and sadly that is the name of the game, but with the perilous nature of acting as a career it's understandable that a guest will have to take up an opportunity that arises even at a late stage. There are some great touches for this show though, not least the recently announced Red Dwarf photo shoot.