Latest Guest Announcement: Mike Tyson

• Showmasters Admin

He was great at the LFCC he did, what, 2 years ago. Saw him pose as if the other guy was busting his jaw, DX pose.. I hear he really enjoyed it.. (hmm, I wonder how I know that.. LOL)

Am I right in recalling he was only signing Tyson branded gloves/shorts etc at his recent Northampton signing event? (Was an SM related event.. so not advertising a rival company).

Mike will happily sign photos etc, but when it comes to items, like gloves and shorts, he'll only sign his branded one.

From what Mark has said above the only change to this is if it's a completion piece. Like you have Frank Bruno already on a Lonsdale glove.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi, I just want to check something before I purchase the tickets, I want a pick with tyson, but do i also need to be having something signed? why is there a price difference?

tar

If you buy a ticket for the photo session only you will only get the photograph. You can go and get an autograph if you wish, but you will have to pay extra. It is not mandatory to buy an autograph if you go to the photosession.

Most sports guests do have a difference in prices for the sports related items - boxers for gloves, footballers for jerseys etc. I'll leave the answer to that to someone who's more familiar with sports autographs than me. ;)

hi, I just want to check something before I purchase the tickets, I want a pick with tyson, but do i also need to be having something signed? why is there a price difference?

tar

Basically if you want a pic signed its £75, but if you wanted an item like a boxing glove/boxing shorts etc signed, it would be £100

tar

If you buy a ticket for the photo session only you will only get the photograph. You can go and get an autograph if you wish, but you will have to pay extra. It is not mandatory to buy an autograph if you go to the photosession.

Most sports guests do have a difference in prices for the sports related items - boxers for gloves, footballers for jerseys etc. I'll leave the answer to that to someone who's more familiar with sports autographs than me. ;)

sports stars charge more for gloves and shirts to be signed because in the long term they are rarer and become more valuble to the owner.At sports events most people getting an autograph will only have a programme or a card/autograph book, few would carry around shirts, gloves, cricket bats etc.Its just a question of its value in future years.A bit like a signed LP of the beatles would be worth more than on a card because what would have been the chance to get them all on the same item in the same place. :smile: