Taking Photos of Cosplayers

I thought I'd start this topic as I've come back from so many cons and seen the phrase 'I wish I'd taken a picture of xyz'. Or seen pics that would have looked so much better if the cosplayer in question was looking at the photographer and not say, eating their lunch.

I know a lot of people are shy and find it hard aproaching strangers or are worried about asking. Thing is, the vast majority of cosplayers are very friendly aproacable people are are perfectly happy to pose for a photo when asked (I know I am ;) ). You'll get a much nicer picture out of it too!

Hope this helps at least a little.

• Like 1

Yes! Agreed! I am quite happy to have my photo taken when asked. But it unnerves me greatly when i look around and see someone taking a photo of me without asking, or stood away from me. Also..upskirt shots are NO NO!!!

I love having my photo taken when I'm in cosplay. If you want a photo, ask, or if there's already a group of people all taking photos of a cosplayer it's usually fine to join in (not that there's usually a crowd around me, but some cosplayers do get that). As said above though, some people get creeped out if people take photos of them without asking first. I don't think there's anyone I'd say "no, no photos" to, but it's just nice to know who's taking photos, and to make sure that you're ready for one, and posed correctly etc.

I will be in and out of cosplay on Saturday, and all of Sunday - I encourage photographs at both! I don't mind not being asked, just because I know I don't always have the confidence to ask people for photos. But it is always nice to know who takes pictures of you so you can find them later - always nice to see the finished result!

Will not mind this in the slightest, this will be (most probably) the first and last time I cosplay, as X-Files is a very big thing for me, so it will be quite something to be doing this tomorrow.

I'll be more than fine for people to ask me for a Photo, if asked first then I'll be able to use the prop that I'll have with me to make Mulder quintessentially Mulder :)

Not long to go now and I look forward to this.

first time I have done cosplay and been to convention, bought the last bits to battlestar casual, if you want a photo of me and my mate, you are quite welcome, just ask first. I will be taking a lot of photo's of cosplayers etc for me and the kids.

I don't think I've ever had someone take a photo of me, unless they were really sneaky! XD

But yes, my mum will be with me and so she'll probably go mental if she sees anyone taking a photo without asking - just ask, unless I'm eating I'll be happy to pose for photos ;D I'll be Abby Sciuto (NCIS) on the Sunday :)

I'll happily have my photo taken if anyone asks. I agree it is better to be asked for photos. Not only do you have a moment to get into character, but I also find it a huge compliment if someone asks as it hopefully means I've done a good job with the costume.

i do not mind if anyone took a photo of me, i actually do not mind if u do not ask me but i will be with 5 other mates so u will probably be better off asking me (i with be fressed as the 11th doctor, doctor who,with steston, bow-tie, long coat) X)

This will be my first ever Comiccon and I'm gonna be doing a kinda photo diary of the day, so yeah, I shall be seeking you all out, and don't worry, I will be asking you first :) I'll be there on Sunday btw ;)