The "Gone, But Not Forgotten" signing event.

cunningham1471

I hope people won't think this is all a bit macabre and see it the way I do as just another wish list.

I was thinking of which people I would have loved to have met either at an convention or a signing event that I never will as they have died. Sooooo if there was an event where all the guests were people that have passed on, who do you wish could be a guest? It can be anyone provided they are sadly no longer with us.

I think I would start my list with

Jon Pertwee

Patrick Troughton

Danny Kaye

Bing Crosby

John Inman

Molly Sugden

Kenneth Williams (He would slag us off as sycophants in his diaries but I think he would have been such a hit at signings)

Sid James

Chales Hawtrey

Norman Wisdom

Joyce Grenfell

Gregory Peck

Peter Sellers

Spike Milligan

Morcambe and Wise

Ronnie Barker

Sir John Mills

David Niven

Interesting thread.

Sorry, but I have to be a bit biased here and mention someone who Wrote for many people and made a lot of people laugh, some of you will most probably be too young to remember "The Rag Trade" or "On The Buses" but my Great Uncle cowrote them - he passed away last year.

http://www.onthebusesfanclub.com/id12.html

So it would be my Great Uncle. Uncle Ronnie.

• 3 weeks later...

Based on who you might be able to get along to a Convention, I'm thinking probably not actors like Marlon Brando, but more realistic ones then my list off the top of my head of those who I would have liked to meet at an event would be be:

DeForest Kelley

Gene Roddenberry

John Pertwee

Patrick Troughton

Glenn Quinn

William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwe, , Jacqueline Hill, Verity Lambert, Anthony Ainley*.

DeForest kelley*, Gene Roddenbery, James Doohan*.

Patrick McGoohan* - The people I have met who worked with him are completely divided on their opinion of him. Some hate him, some love him. It would have been great to meet the man.

Darren McGavin*

Burgess Meredith

Rod Serling

Peter Falk*.

*These are mostly people I always hoped to meet, as they were alive within my lifetime and I actually had their agents addresses to write fan-letters to. Sadly it never came to pass. I did get a Ronnie Barker autograph through the post, which I now treasure. And a Michael Gough one too. I wrote away to Harry Morgan from MASH a couple of times but got no reply.