Talks seating...

One thing I have a concern about is that last year for John Hurts talk those who had been in the previous talk remained in their seats a few of my Friends saw this as well when we came to sit down.

Hopefully everyone from the talk before Gillians will be removed before we go to sit down.

One thing I have a concern about is that last year for John Hurts talk those who had been in the previous talk remained in their seats a few of my Friends saw this as well when we came to sit down.

Hopefully everyone from the talk before Gillians will be removed before we go to sit down.

Normally the hall is cleared. Unfortunately I have no clue why that didn't happen for John, sorry. Maybe those people were gold pass holders?

In any case, as Gilian's talk is paid for this will definitely not happen.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

QS is right, the hall should always be cleared. I'll make sure the talk crew are fully aware of this.

The only exception to this as QS said is we don't make the gold pass holders leave.

• Like 1

I was within the first 5 people in for John Hurt's talk, after queuing outside for ages to get a good seat as it was obvious it was going to be a busy talk. The people that didn't leave were definitely not gold pass holders and to get a good aisle seat I hate to sit at least 7 rows back. That was a free talk though so I don't see how there should be any problems with a paid talk...

• Like 1

I was within the first 5 people in for John Hurt's talk, after queuing outside for ages to get a good seat as it was obvious it was going to be a busy talk. The people that didn't leave were definitely not gold pass holders and to get a good aisle seat I hate to sit at least 7 rows back. That was a free talk though so I don't see how there should be any problems with a paid talk...

Agreed. Bunny and I were next to each other in the queue to go in and we managed to get a seat (as Bunny has mentioned) 7 rows back (ideally it would have been nicer to have been sat a few rows more in front. and it happened just how she said.

• Showmasters Admin

As I said, it shouldn't have happened, I shall be making sure the LFCC talk crew are fully aware of the rules, and that people do leave..

As always if you see things like this happening on the day, please please please do tell the organisers booth (or me if you see me). It'll then get to me and I can sort it out on the day. It's OK to get it sorted this time, but if we'd known on the day I maybe could have stopped it happening sooner.

It's like at CMK18, TonytheCylon saw me at 9:02am on Saturday morning and told me of an issue with some of the VQs. I was able to get it sorted within the matter of minutes. So please do tell us when you see things. We can't be everywhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You sure did sort the VT issue out very quickly, thanks mate.

So all those planning to see the Norman Reedus talk saturday afternoon and stay in the hall, think again, you're gonna be right at the back of the Dredd talk!! :crying:

Hi,

Can I stay in my seat(or move to allocated seat) if the talk ends and the one I am going to starts right after in the same stage?

Annaxxx

Sorry but the hall is emptied (apart from Gold Pass holders who can stay) in between talks. You will need to join the queue for the next talk.

Was kind of annoying that in one of the talks a number of us had been sitting for quite some time, and at the last moment three people came in and sat in the gold pass seats.

I understand that for some reason, there weren't any seats in the row they were meant to be in, and that wasn't their fault... but all of a sudden people who had been sitting and waiting found themselves without a view because these three were allowed to sit in the gold pass seats in front of them, and it felt a little off.

Edited by dee