News anybody, news?

fangbanger

64 days to go...

Would love some party themes!

I love the Fangatasia party for the Saturday night... maybe something different for Friday and Sunday nights.

And an Eric look a like would be epic - though the real thing would be better!! lol (wishful thinking lol)

64 days to go...

Would love some party themes!

I love the Fangatasia party for the Saturday night... maybe something different for Friday and Sunday nights.

And an Eric look a like would be epic - though the real thing would be better!! lol (wishful thinking lol)

Yep I'm thinking so news would be good soon!

We have this every year with each event (mostly). Its a waiting game for party themes and guest announcements till the last minute. Please put us out of our misery soon as the event is drawing near and people need to plan outfits etc and would like cheering up in this dreary miserable weather !

We have this every year with each event (mostly). Its a waiting game for party themes and guest announcements till the last minute. Please put us out of our misery soon as the event is drawing near and people need to plan outfits etc and would like cheering up in this dreary miserable weather !

I have to say that after the day I've had, I could do with some cheering up. I know you can't give us guests until they sign, ME, but how about some nice party themes to give us something over which to get excited? Pretty please?

*collapses*

• Like 1

I second what Cosmicavatar said! We've JUST had the party themes announced. Just focus on that for the time being.

Helen :)

Erm No, whilst the parties are great fun if not a little repetitive, I have not paid £200 plus hotel and travel to go to a party I can do that at home and much more cheaply so I would rather focus on the guests or severe lack of them, thanks!!!

Also the fact that no one from Showmasters or Massive Events seem to be paying attention to this forum, their Twitter or Facebook pages just proves to me that this convention has totally been pushed aside!!!! I mean an update wouldn't hurt would it, and you've only got the party themes because someone had the initiative to ring them up and ask them what was happening and they freely admitted to said person that they didn't realise they hadn't been announced!!!!

• Like 1

I seem to remember that you were this impatient last year and it irritated me then too! ME did make a statement about further guests not that long ago, and I quote:

"We hope to have some more exciting guest announcements fairly soon. Been working on them for a while but the people we are talking to want to wait until a little nearer the event so they can be sure of their availability a bit more!"

Therefore, if ME haven't announced them then they haven't confirmed yet so how can they possibly have any new guest news! I'm pretty sure they wouldn't forget to announce a new guest as it is one of the main draws of the event! Personally, I come to these conventions because I like the atmosphere between other fans and having a bit of fun, it doesn't really matter to me how many guests they have confirmed. Nelsan and Denis are amazing guests to have already anyway. I think we just need to have a bit of faith and chill out a bit.

• Moderators

A convention for a show still on air is always going to be more difficult to pin people down because of schedules. Just the way things work.

I'm sure they'd love to announce someone just to keep everyone happy but it's not as simple as popping down the supermarket and grabbing something.

They don't forget to work on guests for any of their events. I almost feel silly saying that, but it is true. There's SO much work that goes into securing a guest, more than anyone realises. Whether they come on here and say 'we're working on guests' or not, it's still true. Sorry but no amount of nagging is ever going to get someone announced quicker. It's just not a request service sadly :(

I seem to remember that you were this impatient last year and it irritated me then too! ME did make a statement about further guests not that long ago, and I quote:

"We hope to have some more exciting guest announcements fairly soon. Been working on them for a while but the people we are talking to want to wait until a little nearer the event so they can be sure of their availability a bit more!"

Therefore, if ME haven't announced them then they haven't confirmed yet so how can they possibly have any new guest news! I'm pretty sure they wouldn't forget to announce a new guest as it is one of the main draws of the event! Personally, I come to these conventions because I like the atmosphere between other fans and having a bit of fun, it doesn't really matter to me how many guests they have confirmed. Nelsan and Denis are amazing guests to have already anyway. I think we just need to have a bit of faith and chill out a bit.

Well you are irritating me now, clearly you have a fantastic memory to remember me so well, congratulations, please refrain from such comments, thank you, you don't know me and this is a lot of money to me so if I want to be annoyed then I am entitled to be just as you are entitled to be calm and spend a lot of money on a party.

Edited by ericsdonor
  • Like 1

I just don't see the point of getting annoyed at ME when they're not at fault. If new guests haven't confirmed yet then that's down to the actor and their agents, not ME. Bitten is a lot of money for me too, which is why I can only ever afford a standard ticket, but they always come through for us in the end. This will be my third Bitten and every year has been totally worth the money and I expect this year will too. Don't forget, Grant and Marshall were added to last year's line up with only weeks to go the event.

• Moderators

Plus this is what it always comes down to for me - ANY convention organiser will want to announce guests. That's where the majority of ticket sales come from. So it's not like they're gonna sit back on their arses and not organise any. That's basically sabotaging their own events.

The sooner they can get good guests confirmed, the sooner they can advertise them. They don't hold them back deliberately! :)

• Like 1