Slight concern

Orangepeel

lol 3 pages, cant be bothered reading all that.

on what ive seen.

alex is doing both days, surely over 2 days you cant miss her? also she has been twice already this year so wont be as busy, but even if she is, both times she got through all her VTS and photo shoots and a talk at the last one, no one who stayed missed out.

I have seen alot of obsession from some younger female fans over alex, so much so it seems they only watch DW for her, and some of it is on the crazy obsession side, but then who am I to talk lol, when will naoko mori be announced? heh? or the hundred other guests I drone on about all the time, begging even lol

reg reshoots, its not the norm for SM, but they have done it in the past, more specifically if the reason is cos the guest over ran or there was an incident rather than someone was late and missed it.

I forget the details, think it was shatners talk times, but I missed kristana last year and there was a reshoot arranged that a few of us benefited from, finding out about said reshoot isnt the easiest though lol

not being able to attend an event yet buying a photo ticket anyway is madness, unless, you have some hope you might make it and are buying in case in fear of it selling out, that I get. otherwise, WHY?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At LFCC Christopher Lloyd (Who I believe was one of the first guests) had a reshoot later on in the day so those that missed him had a second chance. I don't know if that's standard SM policy or not but usually they'll do their best to make sure you get your shoot. Best to ask one of the people in Red.

As far as I know reshoots are not the standard SM policy but I'm sure a mod will be along soon enough to confirm or deny :P

Unfortunately they don't cover it in the handbook. If I had to guess in that situation it would be the responsibility of the ticket buyer to turn up on time to meet their chosen guest. I imagine SM would make every effort to make sure every person gets a chance to meet their favourite guest. Bottom Line when the Timetable comes up you should be aware that you may need to change your plans to turn up on time. I mean in any case I very much doubt Alex Kingston will be put on the Photo Shoot before 10:30 anyway.

Alex is a sweet wonderful (And strangely sexy) woman just like Karen and she adores her fans.

Photoshoots are started early so that they can be finished early enough for the photos to be back in time for everyone to collect them on the day. They are also done on a very tight schedule that really does need to be kept to. If extras have to be slotted in because people have missed the original slot, it can cause delays which can result in photos not being back in time.

Reshoots have been done on occasion but only if there is a very good reason why the person with the ticket missed the original time, they can be fitted in without affecting the rest of the schedule and the guest is available.

Photoshoots are started early so that they can be finished early enough for the photos to be back in time for everyone to collect them on the day. They are also done on a very tight schedule that really does need to be kept to. If extras have to be slotted in because people have missed the original slot, it can cause delays which can result in photos not being back in time.

Reshoots have been done on occasion but only if there is a very good reason why the person with the ticket missed the original time, they can be fitted in without affecting the rest of the schedule and the guest is available.

It's true otherwise it wouldn't be fair on the fans or the guests either. I mean when I was at LFCC I crewed in Photo Area A and it gets EXTREMELY busy usually a good 300 people flowing non stop with a crew of about 10 in the whole area sharing all the responsibilities Bag Handling, Queue Managing, Ticket Checking, Photo Running and absolutely everything in between. Then you've got the Guests like Karen who had a VERY VERY large queue for both her shoots she was absolutely incredible didn't complain once, Sweet throughout the whole thing, Didn't take a single break and was wonderful with all the fans.

Basically what I'm trying to say is there is nowhere near enough time to check on everyone because once the Area is open THATS IT everyone works very hard and puts their heart into making sure everyone gets seen as soon as possible. Everyone works hard essentially it's up to you guys to make sure your ready on the day you got your ticket and you know who you want to see and what you wanna do. The Timetable should be up soon.

Orangepeel, genuine question, and im not meaning this sarcastically, but if its that desperate that you need to be there for Alex, but cant get there possibly early enough, cant you stay overnight somewhere in london maybe so your already in the city?

on what ive seen.

alex is doing both days, surely over 2 days you cant miss her? also she has been twice already this year so wont be as busy, but even if she is, both times she got through all her VTS and photo shoots and a talk at the last one, no one who stayed missed out.

I have seen alot of obsession from some younger female fans over alex, so much so it seems they only watch DW for her, and some of it is on the crazy obsession side, but then who am I to talk lol, when will naoko mori be announced? heh? or the hundred other guests I drone on about all the time, begging even lol

reg reshoots, its not the norm for SM, but they have done it in the past, more specifically if the reason is cos the guest over ran or there was an incident rather than someone was late and missed it.

I forget the details, think it was shatners talk times, but I missed kristana last year and there was a reshoot arranged that a few of us benefited from, finding out about said reshoot isnt the easiest though lol

not being able to attend an event yet buying a photo ticket anyway is madness, unless, you have some hope you might make it and are buying in case in fear of it selling out, that I get. otherwise, WHY?

Sadly I can not afford to do that, to stay somewhere.

I wouldn't buy a ticket if I knew I could not get it.

My point was, I did not see when buying a photo shoot ticket where it said that you might miss it if it is before 11am, so therefore all I was saying was it felt because of that slightly misleading that you would be able to have it done. And you might not and you would not get the ticket refunded.

I have sorted things out now, so I am okay.

I don't feel to be spoken to in some of the ways I have read on here. Some people were very helpful and that was very much respected but some people really upset me to be honest. But it is fine, I am just wanting to get my tickets and move on to be honest.

:)

Thanks for the help and advice.

Orangepeel, genuine question, and im not meaning this sarcastically, but if its that desperate that you need to be there for Alex, but cant get there possibly early enough, cant you stay overnight somewhere in london maybe so your already in the city?

on what ive seen.

My point was, I did not see when buying a photo shoot ticket where it said that you might miss it if it is before 11am, so therefore all I was saying was it felt because of that slightly misleading that you would be able to have it done. And you might not and you would not get the ticket refunded.

I don't feel to be spoken to in some of the ways I have read on here. Some people were very helpful and that was very much respected but some people really upset me to be honest. But it is fine, I am just wanting to get my tickets and move on to be honest.

My Apologies buddy. I do have to agree with you on the fact that I would've thought that they would set a time before selling the tickets to see the guests. Alex will more than likely be a 11:30 Shoot because I know she was around then before. You should totally come down anyway because there is so much to this show I mean like everyone who goes to LFCC or EMS has so much enthusiasm and it can be really fun. It'd be a shame to miss that.

Anyway Orange I apologise if I came across rude when I really meant to say sometimes things don't go according to plan but if you bare with it it's totally worth while.

I hope you do show up that'd be really cool. And I'm sure Alex would love to meet a nice young chap like your self ;-)

on what ive seen.

My Apologies buddy. I do have to agree with you on the fact that I would've thought that they would set a time before selling the tickets to see the guests. Alex will more than likely be a 11:30 Shoot because I know she was around then before. You should totally come down anyway because there is so much to this show I mean like everyone who goes to LFCC or EMS has so much enthusiasm and it can be really fun. It'd be a shame to miss that.

Anyway Orange I apologise if I came across rude when I really meant to say sometimes things don't go according to plan but if you bare with it it's totally worth while.

I hope you do show up that'd be really cool. And I'm sure Alex would love to meet a nice young chap like your self ;-)

She might if I were a chap, lol

But thank you.

Alex will more than likely be a 11:30 Shoot because I know she was around then before.
How can you possibly know that it will be 11.30am? SM may well have a rough idea but even that could change between now and the event. Basing a time on a previous event is certainly not the way to think. It may well end up being 11.30am but it could just as easily be at 9.30am, or 2pm.

I appreciate that you are trying to help but some people are going to read that and treat it as being accurate. Which certainly is not the case in this instance.

• Moderators

The mod team will try to give as much info as possible. Not sure where we've given different answers, but it's generally the same across the board.

If someone else has given incorrect info, we'll hopefully correct it when we see it.

The mod team will try to give as much info as possible. Not sure where we've given different answers, but it's generally the same across the board.

If someone else has given incorrect info, we'll hopefully correct it when we see it.

That's good then.

I think for future I will just book early birds and just meet the only person :)

Orange - if you took offense earlier I apologise but we were only having a laugh, it wasn't meant to be taken to heart. We all get that you fangirl Alex, I fangirl several people myself and clearly you were worried about planning your trip, it's just what you came out with was a tad melodramatic, surely you must see where I'm coming from. I hope you understand.

That's good then.

I think for future I will just book early birds and just meet the only person :)

Coming for only one person is very risky though, as if that guest has to cancel due to illness or work commitments, your up the creek without a paddle.

Though there are always several other guests still worth coming for at every event :o

Orange - if you took offense earlier I apologise but we were only having a laugh, it wasn't meant to be taken to heart. We all get that you fangirl Alex, I fangirl several people myself and clearly you were worried about planning your trip, it's just what you came out with was a tad melodramatic, surely you must see where I'm coming from. I hope you understand.

I didn't mean I would literally die.

I am a huge Alex fan, for a number of reasons I have spent a lot of my life being teased and put down for it. That she is famous, someone I would never met. That I was a loser for it. So it did hurt a little.

I am a worrier, ask anyone who knows me in real life. I just worry all the time.

So I can get a little annoying.

I am a worrier, ask anyone who knows me in real life. I just worry all the time.

So I can get a little annoying.

You hide it very well.

Things like that kinda don't help. It sounds like you are annoyed with me and I know I have been annoying and I am sorry for that.

The next event I come too I won't post at all on the board :)

• Showmasters Admin

My Apologies buddy. I do have to agree with you on the fact that I would've thought that they would set a time before selling the tickets to see the guests. Alex will more than likely be a 11:30 Shoot because I know she was around then before.

Adam,

Firstly we don't specify a time when we start selling tickets because the photo shoot schedule would constantly change due to new guest announcements and cancellations.

I understand you are "trying" to be helpful but making assumptions like that and then posting them as if it's likely is VERY unhelpful. Please leave these type of questions to the mods and certainly don't make big assumptions like it'll likely be 11:30am as you have no evidence to back that up. You've based your assumption on nothing more than it was around that time last time, but I'm afraid what happened at a previous show is irrelevant.

My consern is that you have a picture of yourself in a crew t-shirt as your avatar, so people may assume you know more then you actually do, and assume it's correct information. I have more information than anyone outside of the office and even I can't say what time it'll be.

Stuart.