Karen Gillan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many other people have said, I wish there was more of the Tardis in my photo.

I literally have the smallest piece of blue wood in the background, that could be any piece of wood, which is disapointing after I paid for a photo of Karen with the Tardis.

You can ask to have the photo taken as a portrait rather than landscape which is better for fitting the TARDIS in. I was personally ok with how it was though.

I wasn't aware that I was suppose to ask, and by the looks of it neither were a lot of people

When you are buying something that is specifically advertised as it is, I don't believe that you should have to remind them.

But 'ey nothing can be done now, I just hope that the photographers read this so that people don't end up in the same situation again as it was a lot of money.

Edited by ToriClarkson

As many other people have said, I wish there was more of the Tardis in my photo.

I literally have the smallest piece of blue wood in the background, that could be any piece of wood, which is disapointing after I paid for a photo of Karen with the Tardis.

You can ask to have the photo taken as a portrait rather than landscape which is better for fitting the TARDIS in. I was personally ok with how it was though.

I wasn't aware that I was suppose to ask, and by the looks of it neither were a lot of people

When you are buying something that is specifically advertised as it is, I don't believe that you should have to remind them.

But 'ey nothing can be done now, I just hope that the photographers read this so that people don't end up in the same situation again as it was a lot of money.

Didn't know you could ask for portrait. Assumed the photographer just changed it if it looked better for that person. To be honest I like the landscape for mine and I think it allows the photographer to get in closer as he's not worried about trying to get all of you in.

Someone posted one on here that was portrait but that worked with the pose they tried.

Whatever, I love mine, even if it has got my ugly mug in it ;)

To be fair, looking at some of the Tardis pictures on here, I would also have been disappointed, in some it just looks like a bit of blue and white panelling hardly the Tardis, I would have thought that as a professional photographer he would have known that portrait would have looked better without people having to ask!!

I've said before, on some of the shoots I think he goes a bit too quick and doesn't look properly at the photo he's just taken even though he implies this, my Robert Knepper one from Saturday was truly terrible it looked like something my 2 year old goddaughter would have taken, I was so upset, just out of curiosity IF this happens again at another event can anything be done because that photo now resides in the dustbin as I couldn't bear to keep looking at it????

Thanks

Loved meeting Karen.. she was great.. she looked like she was really enjoying herself all day and I know I had a great time in my photo op and getting autos from her... pleaaaaasssssseeee invite her to more...

We decided from the moment she was going, we WASNT going to get her autograph, as we knew we would get a very high number (just our luck we always do!),

It really depends on how long you can wait. To explain I had handed out over 1000 VQ tickets before standard entry (Showing thwe true value of ordering the early bird tickets in advance). I worked my ass off to help everyone get a VQ ticket and try and put an estimate of when you would get to see Karen.

Following her talk the queue appeared, with hundreds of people that hadnt been called, nonetheless we sorted this and once we got the queue where we had wanted we were getting the numbers up quickly. Sadly for anyone that hadnt been able to stay, we had managed to get Karens Queue to an Open Queue for the final 3minutes (It dosent sound like much, but that was an extra 20 people who hadnt even picked up a VQ ticket). It is possible.

Karen was a real Trooper though and I wish her all the best. I would also like to Thank all of you guys who wanted to meet her. I know that it must have been difficult to stand / sit and wait, but I was determined to get you all through and if I upset anyone throughout the day, I hope you can understand the pressure (and further more I hope you managed to get to see Karen.

Alex

Thanks Alex for the reply, the reason we made that decision not to meet her was because I didn't want to get my kids hopes up and for some reason it didn't happen (we have alot of bad luck on our family!), so hence why we just got the photo, which to us means so much as he actually got to put his arm round her and say hello x

yep but not the easiest thing when the shoot is that fast, also some maybe too shy to ask

I prefer landscape myself though, but Id prefer they were not so close up, cos Im tall and fat, all con photographers seem to prefer to zoom in. though ive started crouching in my shoots a bit these days lol

here are my photos with Karen, she was just so fantastic with everyone

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9701...mp;id=726573202

yep but not the easiest thing when the shoot is that fast, also some maybe too shy to ask

I prefer landscape myself though, but Id prefer they were not so close up, cos Im tall and fat, all con photographers seem to prefer to zoom in. though ive started crouching in my shoots a bit these days lol

here are my photos with Karen, she was just so fantastic with everyone

Don't remember you saying you got two. I didn't realise. Lucky thing.

Think I prefer the landscape too, not that I've had the choice. All seems a bit surreal now but have the photo proof to look back on.

I didn't like the no personalisation rule, I queued from 6:30am to get a dedication if I'd known that I'd turn up when ever.

It wasn't really a surprise for me. She was only there for one day, had two photoshoots and a talk to do and was going to be massively popular. Plus she was a little late arriving so I wasn't at all surprised that it would be no personalisation.

While they will try and accommodate personalisation if at all possible, practically it just wasn't going to be an option in this case. I always go with the thought that there may not be personalisation and if you do get it then that's a great bonus.

But not having it wouldn't stop me from getting an autograph if it was someone I really wanted to meet. My Christopher Lloyd one isn't personalised for example but I'm not unhappy about it.

I was going to have a Karen Gillan autograph but figured it really wasn't worth the price if she wasn't able to at least put your name on the pic or something. Some kind of personalisation is often the only thing a collector has to stop some doubting Thomas arguing and saying its some fake you picked up off ebay or something.

I was going to have a Karen Gillan autograph but figured it really wasn't worth the price if she wasn't able to at least put your name on the pic or something. Some kind of personalisation is often the only thing a collector has to stop some doubting Thomas arguing and saying its some fake you picked up off ebay or something.

Obviously that's your perogative but with someone who's going to be really popular and busy you can never guarantee personalisation and I think it's a pity you missed out on meeting her just because of that.

Ultimately I know what I got is genuine and while it's nice to get your name on too if that's what you want, that in itself also proves nothing to those who might doubt authenticity, and I would personally never miss out on meeting a rare guest just because there's no personalisation. It's a bonus when it's done but isnt a right.

Some kind of personalisation is often the only thing a collector has to stop some doubting Thomas arguing and saying its some fake you picked up off ebay or something.

You can say it was signed in front of you, you know its real. If they wanted to argue then what would your name on it prove? You could have written it on yourself, or an eBay seller could have done that.

As it happens dedicated items signed by Karen were probably more common than undedicated, prior to the event. She's been a good postal signer since before she got the role and dedicates there.

A photo of said item being signed is better proof, but even thats not watertight.