Christopher Lloyd and Christopher Lambert talks.

nicky

I was going to go to the lambert talk, really wanted to but cos photo shoot A over ran by almost an hour, not sure why, cory or hellraiser shoot, I missed it as it then clashed with chris lloyd, and I didnt want to risk missing lloyd by going to the talk or walking out early as I find this rude. I dont like to do it, the guest isnt to know why, so yer I missed the lamert talk :-(

lloyd talk clashed with photos, so missed that also :-(

I managed to get to karens and alexs talks, and caught some of richard hatch

I missed the Chris Lloyd talk for roughly the same reason. But the Chris lambert talk was very good I thought. Informative, amusing, honest. Some interesting questions too. But, hardly anyone there. I doubt there were even 50 people. Didn't seem very welcoming but it didn't seem to faze him. Can go into more detail later. Just waiting for my train home.

I asked three questions

1. did you have to try for highlander with any Iaido or Kendo training and he mentioned he trained for hours for Tarzan and for HL they used, plastic, tin and then steel swords

3. I asked did he wish he had any action scenes for MK when he was Raiden he said no as he was a god and as he could point a finger at anyone and just kill them

3. I asked was he annoyed when he had to get Duncan to kill him in endgame as I wanted him to Kill Duncan and he said that it was better this way as he wanted out and not have to do sequels

I went to Chris Lloyd's talk, which turned out to be a Back to the Future talk as they had all the guest there. It was the time the live band was on another stage so you couldn't hear a lot!

Just the usual questions were asked, what's your favourite BTTF film, which he replied 3 as he enjoyed the horse riding and the train sequence.

Most of the questions were asked to him which I could tell annoyed the other guests, Lea didn't look too happy when she left quickly!

It was a great talk though and seeing them all together was great, got some good pictures.

Only attended the BTTF talk (only one I really had time for!) and was it me, or were some of the questions (not all of them) inane, stupid questions ever posed at a talk??? Most of the time, the panel seemed baffled by the oddities. Don't really want to single any of them out; but wow, very embarassing...

Is there any was SM can screen questions prior to the talk??? ( I say this only half-jokingly of course).

Edited by keithporter23

I was going to go to the lambert talk, really wanted to but cos photo shoot A over ran by almost an hour, not sure why, cory or hellraiser shoot, I missed it as it then clashed with chris lloyd, and I didnt want to risk missing lloyd by going to the talk or walking out early as I find this rude. I dont like to do it, the guest isnt to know why, so yer I missed the lamert talk :-(

Same... I'd bought 2 tickets for Lambert too!! I was number 10 and 11, so if the seats were numbered, whoever got my seats right at the fornt can thank me later for not turning up!

I asked three questions

Ah that was you was it? Thought you were going to take over for a minute. Only joking. With so few people there it was always likely a few really keen people would be asking lots of questions. I thought everyone seemed to put a lot of thought into it and got some very interesting and detailed responses from him. Really enjoyed it.

Same... I'd bought 2 tickets for Lambert too!! I was number 10 and 11, so if the seats were numbered, whoever got my seats right at the fornt can thank me later for not turning up!

It was the Christopher Lloyd / Delorean shoot that went over. I think it was a bit more popular than they expected and the car took time to move and set up. Unfortunately that meant the Brent Spiner and then Christopher Lambert shoots ran into the Chris Lloyd talk and I missed it :wub:

Oh, the front two rows in the talks were reseved for gold pass holders so you would have been just behind that. Not that it'll make you feel any better.

Edited by Rockstar6662

But the Chris lambert talk was very good I thought. Informative, amusing, honest. Some interesting questions too. But, hardly anyone there. I doubt there were even 50 people.

Thats odd. I thought he'd be one of the busier guests at this event? At least in the top 5.

was it me, or were some of the questions (not all of them) inane, stupid questions ever posed at a talk??? Most of the time, the panel seemed baffled by the oddities. Don't really want to single any of them out; but wow, very embarassing...

Please elaborate, just word them differently.

So Lloyd didnt say anyting at all about Pirahna then at all???? Or Pirahna 2? Every question was about BTTF??

But the Chris lambert talk was very good I thought. Informative, amusing, honest. Some interesting questions too. But, hardly anyone there. I doubt there were even 50 people.

Thats odd. I thought he'd be one of the busier guests at this event? At least in the top 5.

Looks like a lot of people missed it due to things running over and subsequent clashes. I was very disappointed I missed it, but I hed to go to a catch up shoot with Brent Spiner so was going to go to the end of the talk after, but by the time we got out we just didn't know what was going on anymore!!

If timings had run to plan I'm sure there would have been a lot more people there.

Me too. I was worried it was going to be rather embarrassing but it went very well and was very interesting. He was very open and honest and there were some great questions.

I didn't realise the CL talk was all the BTTF people. Even more gutted I missed it now. But guess I'm lucky I didn't have loads of clashes.

I also felt rather insulted that Lambert had so few people, I mean yes I got to ask more Q's but apprently someone told me this is the very first time he has done this and he had so few people?

Ah that was you was it? Thought you were going to take over for a minute. Only joking. With so few people there it was always likely a few really keen people would be asking lots of questions. I thought everyone seemed to put a lot of thought into it and got some very interesting and detailed responses from him. Really enjoyed it.

I was the English dude asking, there was also a German guy next to me as we both on the right handside and a French guy on the left and we all asked 3 Q's, I think if it was full we would have only asked one Q each

I guess I asked Q's when I thought ''hang on, C.L is looking around and no one seems to be asking''. It was good that there were so feew so well as the other dude on the stage was asking Q's when I dont think he should have been unless the talk was going to be much longer

Edited by A.prime

I was hoping to ask a question about the sword fighting but you got in there before me lol!

Didnt mind as I thought all the questions were interesting and allowed him to say a lot and really expand on the subject. Good having the guy on stage asking follow ups too. Really enjoyed it. Such a pity so few people were there.

If this event had been at Olympia I definately would have gone to these talks but after getting to the show I remembered what a frustrating experience the talks can be at Earls Court. The acoustics are so bad and coupled with the background noise (even if there isn't any live music!) you can usually only pick up about half of what it being said.

Its a shame given the calibre of guests at the show that something can't be done about it but I guess without hiring an additional space which would raise the costs there isn't really much of a solution.

Looks like a lot of people missed it due to things running over and subsequent clashes.

I think thats another reason for not doing photoshoots and instead opting for over the desk.

Getting more difficult mate. I was turned down for photos at the table for at least 2 people at the weekend 'because they were doing photo shoots'

Not may at Christopher Lamberts talk?? WTF??? He'd have been the first talk I'd have gone to if I could've. Sadly bringing my 9 year old girl struck out any ideas of talks :)

Maybe people thought it was too expensive or too many got caught with the photoshoots but as I think Jason said when he was announced, he's been trying to get Chris for many years and this was the first such event he's done so why there weren't more people there for such a unique experience I don't know.

All I can say that it was amazing meeting him and a pleasure to hear him talk and answer questions. He was interesting, informative, very honest and amusing. Went into a lot of detail about why he takes certain roles and what he looks for, why he's focusing on European cinema at present and a bit about his appearence in Ghost Rider 2 with Nicholas Cage and obviously Highlander, working with Sean Connery, how Sean helped him with the Scottish accent and how awesome it was doing the music videos with Queen amongst other things.

He seemed to enjoy it and I just hope he wasn't disappointed by the low turnout. The audience may have been small but it was very appreciative and he was thoroughly nice when I met him for a couple of autographs too.

One big reason for not attending the talk with Christopher Lambert (at least for me), was that the Christopher Lloyd photoshoot was delayed until 3.10. I would have loved to have been at that talk, and the Alex Kingston talk, and picked up my Christopher Lloyd photo, however I was facing a 4 1/2 hour train journey home, with work the next day, so I had to make the hard decision to leave.

I went for the Christopher Lambert talk over the Christopher Lloyd photoshoot as I'd paid more for the former and had my DeLorean photo if all was lost, but as it happens, I went over to the photoshoot area after the talk had ended and found it was still going, albeit with just four people left in the queue! Very lucky. I feel bad for those who missed it, though.

Missed the Christopher Lloyd talk altogether due to photoshoots. Shame.

Not may at Christopher Lamberts talk?? WTF??? He'd have been the first talk I'd have gone to if I could've. Sadly bringing my 9 year old girl struck out any ideas of talks :)

Maybe people thought it was too expensive or too many got caught with the photoshoots but as I think Jason said when he was announced, he's been trying to get Chris for many years and this was the first such event he's done so why there weren't more people there for such a unique experience I don't know.

All I can say that it was amazing meeting him and a pleasure to hear him talk and answer questions. He was interesting, informative, very honest and amusing. Went into a lot of detail about why he takes certain roles and what he looks for, why he's focusing on European cinema at present and a bit about his appearence in Ghost Rider 2 with Nicholas Cage and obviously Highlander, working with Sean Connery, how Sean helped him with the Scottish accent and how awesome it was doing the music videos with Queen amongst other things.

He seemed to enjoy it and I just hope he wasn't disappointed by the low turnout. The audience may have been small but it was very appreciative and he was thoroughly nice when I met him for a couple of autographs too.

Wish I could have made it to the Christopher Lambert talk, it sounded really good! Would love to have asked about the Queen music video, as well as his work on Highlander and Fortress.

Hope he returns to LFCC!