Brian Tochi, Genuine Legend.

JPL

Both my wife and I where fortunate enough to meet Brian Tochi at LFCC on saturday, such a genuine man, we was taken aback by how unbelievably nice he truly is.

As a child I was an avid TMNT fan and realised, unashamedly, I still am after meeting the very voice of Leonardo. Hearing him talk was undeniably nostalgic for me, but beyond my starstruck and possibly bias opinion, he was a complete legend and it is an opinion shared by my wife. Brain was so very engaging and absolutely void of pretense. He took time to actually speak to us gladly and made our encounter feel very personal.

I am in no doubt I will always cherish my signed photo in appreciation of his work but also, if not more so, of him.

was anyone here fortunate enough to meet him?

Edited by JPL

Hi

We met Brian yesterday and he was the highlight of our weekend.

My son collects autographs and had 195 when we entered the building and he wanted something special for his 200th. I wasn't going to get Brian's autograph but my son said he wanted Brian as no 200.

We met Brian and he was fantastic. He said he was honoured to be my sons 200th autograph and he was really friendly and chatty. I got a great photograph of Brian with my son holding the back of the autograph with the number 200 written on it.

An amazing guy and I'm so glad we met him now

Steve

Yes I did and agree what a lovely guy, in fact he was my highlight in an otherwise very dissappointing weekend (but thats another story)

I was there on Friday night and wanted a Star Trek photo signature from him and was gutted to see he did not have any on his table so walked past. I saw him on Saturday and thought would just have another look in case they managed to get some and Yeh they had. I am so glad I went back as he was such a great guy, very chatty and let me have a picture with him, so thank you so much Brian for cheering me up :YAHOO:

I met Brian on Saturday he was so kind and friendly I told him that revenge of the nerds were on sky tv that morning I watched it before I arrived at the lfcc he was very surprised about it, he gave me a huge and signed my autograph for me . Best guest for me. He was always smiling . Cheers Brian..

I took my son, who is 4 to his first ever London Film and Comic Convention on Saturday. In fact his first ever event.

We had planned on meeting Brian before the event, because we were aware he had done a number of voices in the different Scooby Doo animated series over the years. My son is a huge Scooby Doo fan.

As you can imagine for a first day in London , going on the train, the Underground and the whole experience of Earls Court my little boy was some what anxious and excited about the whole experience.

Brian was the first guest we went to meet and I can only describle him as fantastic. He could see that my little boy was nervous and made every effort to make him feel welcome and relaxed. He made every effort to talk directly to him and tell him about his experiences on Scooby Doo and TMNT. He happily signed the Scooby Doo and TMNT pictures we had brought with us and wrote fantastic dedicated messages on both of them and then posed for a picture.

A fantastic first experience and he now has his autographs on his bedroom wall very proudly displayed and he insisted on putting them up himself along with his other Scooby Doo posters.

I've had the opportunity of meeting 100's if not 1000's of guests at Shows, Premieres and Theatres since I was a boy and I would rate Brian as being right up there in the top 5 best guest experiences.

As the OP said a "Genuine Legend"

Many Thanks Brian.

ill add some love for Brian,

he was great and I got him to sign Turtles and Police Academy for me and he was surpised to see i had other PA autographs, (I have Michael W, Steve G, Rene A and David S) and we talked about whether the rumoured 8th would ever happen, (he didnt seem to know either)

took a photo with me too, was a real pleasure.

also as me and my friend noticed, this guy just not age! He looked very well indeed.

Would love to see him return, with other Police Academy guests preferably

He was absolutley brilliant, I met him Sunday afternoon and he wrote a lovely personalised message on my picture of Leonardo. We chatted about him recording the dialouge for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and what it was like in the studio with Corey Feldman. He gladly posed for a photograph with me to.

Please bring him back Showmasters as i would really like to meet him again so I can get my Turtles blu-ray box set signed next time.

Yes Brian was great!

I met him friday, i had a real hard time picking a photo (i'd forgot about him being in police acad) so i ended up geting turtles but before i left i decided to go back for the other image, he remembered me and we had a joke saying we both knew i'd be back. I showed a friend on one of the stall in the shot and she asked if i could go and get her one, so for the 3rd time that night i went up to brian which he smiled. he signed the photo and put a quote on it. as i picked it up to go he gave me a hug and said take care. the next day he saw me in another queue and called my name and asked me how it was going! what a nice guy!

I completely agree, I met him on the Friday and was grinning from ear to ear afterwards. I met about 25 guests over the weekend, and Brian was definitetly one of the highlights, if not THE highlight. Such a genuine, funny, lovely guy.

I got a Mortal Kombat Defenders of the Realm pic I made up signed, and had a conversation about that, and also a Turtles cast photo I made, both of which he wrote a large personalisation on. A true legend

I'm rarely on here these days but i really have to agree with you all that this guy really is a total LEGEND and one of the best guests i've had the pleasure of meeting!! He was an absolute treat <_< i would totally love to see him at another SM event in the future, please!!

He is a true legend!! he was really nice, i met him on saturday, he signed me ninja turtle picture, he also was really nice, friendy - ide say the nicest celeb ive probs ever met to be honest!! on sunday i saw him and he remembered me, and we had a nice chat, i got my ninja turtle photo signed by corey too, but Brian was awesome - please bring him back for the next convo!!

It is great to hear others have had the pleasure of meeting Brian Tochi and also share similar experiences and feelings toward him. He introduced himself so very politely when we met, without any pretense, so much so i felt he was infact honored to meet us. He showed genuine enthusiasm when asking my name and how i was, and sincerely told me how nice it was to meet me. My wife, who at first was waiting for me and listening in on us from afar, became so very surprised when Brian stood up out his chair to extend his hand to meet her. We almost felt he was more a fan of us then we where him, and i would not be surprised if for him that feeling was true. He absolutely made our day, we left smiling and as energised as he was.

excuse pun.

Edited by JPL

I didn't even realise Brian Tochi was going to be there, I was only going up for Christopher Lamberts autograph and ended up getting 2 from Brian as well. As I was walking past his section I overheard his voice and though 'that guy sounds like Leonardo', couldnt believe it when it was him :)

Got a Police Academy one for my friend and one of Leonardo for myself, was great to have a chat with him and he really took the time to talk to his fans, awesome guy!

More Police Academy for signings would be great, Steve Guttenburg, Michael Winslow :)