How many first-timers have we got?

• Moderators

I've noticed quite a few people that seem to be coming for the first time, more than I've noticed in quite a while.

Just wondered how people found out about the event, what you're mainly coming for etc? :whistling:

It's always great to get new attendees to these events!

First time, and so excited!

Well, actually my main reason for coming is that I'll get to meet the great DavidB....

... Gosh, I already met you....

... and it's not even my first time (and not close to it!)

So I guess this thread is just not for me then, right? :whistling:

This is my first LFCC (and my first convention since Eclipse and Eclipse 2)!

Can't wait for it. Found out about it through Showmasters e-mail. I wasn't sure whether to come or not at first but Alex Kingston was the person to seal the deal for me!

And I look forward to meeting you too David as I missed you at Eclipse and it'll be cool to finally say hello (Plus you went to my uni, so we can chat about that too)!

Can't wait for the event though! There's a lot of guests attracting me: Alex Kingston, Karen Gillan, Christopher Lloyd, Shawnee Smith, Sylvester McCoy, Robert Knepper, etc.

My birthday is next week and LFCC is the week after! July is looking good! :whistling:

Edited by Hayden Is My Hero

My first LFCC but been going to Collectormania in MK since CM4. LFCC has always seemed to fall at a time I have no money, just can't make it or the travel and entry costs don't justify the one or two guests I wanted to meet.

Nearly happened again but have managed to change plans and going Sat/Sun and possibly friday too. There's too many quality guests to miss it. Money is saved, photoshoots and gold ticket paid for and really looking forward to it, though a bit nervous about how busy it's going to be. Plus fingers crossed there'll be no more cancellations.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I've done 3 Collectormanias in 5 years, but this will be my first LFCC.

I've seen it advertised on the Collectormania website and i've been wanting to come for a few years but just never got around to it, mainly because of distance ( 240 miles )

Christopher Lambert is the main reason why i'm coming. I just cannot miss the opportunity to meet him. He's been my idol for 25 years, since i first saw Highlander. I'm a bit ossesssed with it actually, have lots of memerobila, DVD's, posters, film cells, swords etc.

I'm also coming to see Shawnee and Corey but that's all.

I cannot contain my excitement !!! :whistling:

Been to MK many times, but never LFCC but I am mainly attending due to Shawnee Smith, but also Chris Lloyd and Corey Feldman.

Looking forward to it, but as someone previously mentioned, I am a bit nervous about how busy it is going to be in comparison to Collectormania MK.

I've been to both of the Collectormania Copenhagen events before, and have known about LFCC since a few months prior to the last one, but decided not to go there as it was out of my budget then.

This year a mate linked to me that he was attending for Lea Thompson, and I thought I could check out the guest lineup. Boy was I surprised to find Christopher Lloyd among the guests.

That also meant I was dragged out of my cave here in Denmark, and will be attending my first event outside of these borders. Obviously Christopher Lambert, Karen Gillian and others are good reasons to go too, but they were announced much much later, when I had already made up my mind :P

This will be my first EVER convention, it is going to rule and I cannot wait, Despite how nervous I am about going. I want the autographs for the people in my signature so already know I shall be shelling out a bit but understandable with the talent I'll be seeing.

I'm looking forward as well to doing my (minor) cosplay attempt and hope people recognise who I'm supposed to be lmao!

I've never been to any comicon event and I am SO excited to be here for this one! :angel:

I am from a small town back in the States and will be here visiting London while the comicon is going on so I AM HERE!

Question to all you experts:

There are a few autographs that I want to get but I am not too terribly sure how to go about getting them. I am a bit of a Star Trek fan :thumbup: and most certainly want to meet Brent Spiner and Walter Koening!

Please help me out!!

This will be my first ever Film and Comic con that i have attended on a scale like this (I have taken part in several troops as a costumed character and member of the Emerald Garrison). I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland and we have never had a guest line-up ever to the scale that you folks have put together.

I found out about your event from a google search of "star wars actors conventions 2011" and once i saw the line up at that time which was late May, I knew i just had to sign up.

I'm an autograph collector mainly so I am attending really to meet the guests, get their autpgrpahs and maybe grab a quick snap with my camera, though i would love to get a couple of professional photo's too if my funds hold out. I am also looking forward to the large collection of sellers and the Cos Play too (though im disappointed i cant bring my own Rebel trooper outfit over due to not wanting the hassle with airport secuirty)

I'm staying in London Friday, Saturday and departing on Sunday and I have purchased 2X Weekend Tickets, I hope this information is helpful guys:)

This will be my first LFCC, but I've been to several Star Trek and sci-fi conventions around the States. My husband and I have been watching the website for a year hoping that this year's convention would coincide with his annual leave. So, we get to combine fun with his first trip home to England in two years.

This will be my first LFCC - I am a regular at the Eternal Twilight events and did go to last years CM.

I only booked my ticket this week - Corey Feldman was the main pull for me on this one - he was my childhood heart throb!

How did I find out about it? I knew they took place but it was through friends I have made through the ET cons that finally made me decide to actually buy.

I'm not the kind of person that buys autographs from the likes of Ebay - if I want an autograph I want to be there when it's done.

SM run amazing events and I don't think I'd have met half the people I have without them.

I know I don't count as new blood, but I had to contribute to this thread.

This will be my first convention for about 6-7 years, so it definately feels new to me, I got so out of touch with the convention scene, to the point that I only glanced on here like once or twice a month. Then I logged in one day and saw how good the line up for this show was, and thought "If that ain't a sign that I need to end my exile, I don't know what is", add that to he fact I've never been to a Earls Court show before (never even been to the venue for anything before) I'm like a reborn conventionererer! :D

Main reasons for going? The amazing guest line up, the travel and the photoshoots :)

Mattzo, I'm just the same! I haven't been to an event like this since the April/May 2006 Collectormania (while it was still in the shopping centre), due to either work, money, or personal reasons, and also never really got to check any events or the forum since, maybe only once every couple months or so. I've been to one LFCC before (when it was in the other location), so this will be my second LFCC (I only ever managed to get to CM before), and my first time in the Earl's Court area in general, let alone in the venue itself.. It wasn't until I thought to check the website and saw Shawnee Smith was attending, I decided to end my convention retirement, lol! Since then, the guest list has just added more and more who I want to meet :D

Reasons for going? The guests mainly (especially Corey F :angel: ... everytime he's been before, I somehow always missed him), and it'll feel like I'm coming home... :thumbup:

• Moderators

Great to see so many new people :thumbup:

Don't be too intimidated. Get to know people on here beforehand, ask whatever questions you want, read the info available, and then be as prepared as you can for when you get there.

Nothing worse than getting there and wondering what the hell is going on. The weekend should be spent enjoying yourself, not worrying :angel:

Question to all you experts:

There are a few autographs that I want to get but I am not too terribly sure how to go about getting them. I am a bit of a Star Trek fan ;) and most certainly want to meet Brent Spiner and Walter Koening!

Please help me out!!

With getting autographs, it depends on whether the guest has a VQ (virtual queue) ticket or not. If they have, you'll be given a ticket with their name and a number on, then you can go and explore while waiting for your number to come up. They'll either be announced in batches of 50 or 100 depending how fast the guest signs. So if you've got number 54 and the boards say 1-100, for example, you can then hand back the VQ ticket and join the end of the queue.

Once you're in the queue (and also for guests who don't have VQ tickets), you can just pay the crew member who will either be sat at a table halfway down the line or next to the guest, and just pick any picture/s you want signed (or if you're bringing your own picture/item). :D

Awesome! Well allow me to welcome you back to the convention scene Tina :D

I too will be meeting Corey Feldman and Shawnee Smith, two of my ever-growing list :P

I can only make the Sunday though, so unless a Sunday Shawnee Smith photoshoot is added, I'm gonna have to hope for an over the table shot. Fingers well and truly crossed :D

The old emotions and excitement have come flooding back, just hope I remember how not to melt in front of the guests :P

Thank you. :WINCE: I have three Saturday shoots, Shawnee and Corey, and Harry Melling, but am also hoping for over the table photos with any willing guest I meet ;)

I know that feeling of going back. I keep looking back on the autographs I got in the past, and the photos I had taken (tableshots), and I'm getting more excited every day. Feels like I'm going home, lol!

Edited by Tina197

This will be my first LFCC! Kinda count as a first-timer, I suppose XD

Looking forward to crewing it, though I can tell it will be a busy venue and day! Hope I don't get lost!!

I don't recall ever seeing any reports of MIA crew after an event :P

its my 1st time attending the LFCC but not to conventions :P earlier this year i cosplayed at an anime convention in birmingham but this time i wont be cosplaying due to personal reasons

EDIT: oh I forgot to tell you i found out about the event due to my cosplaying friends that came last year :D

Edited by guardianz