latest guest announcement - KAREN GILLAN

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great but she's quite exspensive

True, but Karen is the female lead on the biggest drama on British TV (of *any* kind, not just SF and cult stuff!).

I know that's what makes it so tempting

I was thinking of having the photo shoot done but I am worried it will clash with my other photo shoots as I have Lea Thompson, Christopher Lloyd and Shawnee Smith on Saturday.

What will happen if there are 2 at the same time or in the same time frame?

That depends on how exactly the clash is located.

It is very unlikely that Karen's shoot will clash with Christopher's as those are the biggest shoots of the day.

Normally we recommend to go to the first shoot and tell crew you have a clash, they will try to get you through as fast as possible. In the case Karen/anybody else clash I'd recommend go to the other shoot first and tell them you have a Karen shoot if there's only a couple of minutes difference. Again the crew will try to get you through as soon as possible.

Also, where is the shoot taking place? In a studio or outside?

It's probably the photo studio, possibly with a themed background. I can not imagine it being outside.

According to the website Karen will be "posing for photos with the Tardis". Which reminds me of a question I wanted to ask....

When it says "the Tardis" does it mean "THE Tardis" - has the actual prop from the BBC been arranged? Or a replica made by someone else? I'm hoping the backdrop will look good, I've been looking at pictures of today's shoots and am not too keen on the splodgy painting (looks a bit saggy for one thing!) so a nice Tardis would be lovely.

According to the website Karen will be "posing for photos with the Tardis". Which reminds me of a question I wanted to ask....

When it says "the Tardis" does it mean "THE Tardis" - has the actual prop from the BBC been arranged? Or a replica made by someone else? I'm hoping the backdrop will look good, I've been looking at pictures of today's shoots and am not too keen on the splodgy painting (looks a bit saggy for one thing!) so a nice Tardis would be lovely.

I would assume that it would be a replica.

Even though i raved about the appearance of Karen at this show recently i was gobsmacked to see her auto is £25. OK she is hot property at the moment but hey she lives in this country so no airfares etc. Dont get me wrong i am glad she is coming and i really want to meet her but as i was going to get four autos off her looks like i am now down to one. Usually the Star trek guests and big stars are £25 but Karen? come on guys whats happening? I feel sorry for the people who cant afford just one of her let alone two.

Yes. You will get a receipt for the number of autographs you paid for. You only need one ticket per person to get in the queue. So unless you're bringing a friend or a family member you will only need one of the Virtual Queue tickets.

So as I'm going with my brother and he wants signatures from people I don't, we need to get two virtual queue tickets so I can queue with him and then he can pay,etc and have it done? :)

So as I'm going with my brother and he wants signatures from people I don't, we need to get two virtual queue tickets so I can queue with him and then he can pay,etc and have it done? :)

Yes, I am afraid so. You're in line, you will need a ticket.

Even though i raved about the appearance of Karen at this show recently i was gobsmacked to see her auto is £25. OK she is hot property at the moment but hey she lives in this country so no airfares etc. Dont get me wrong i am glad she is coming and i really want to meet her but as i was going to get four autos off her looks like i am now down to one. Usually the Star trek guests and big stars are £25 but Karen? come on guys whats happening? I feel sorry for the people who cant afford just one of her let alone two.

you've said she's hot property yet you expect her to cost less than the big names. Can't tell if that was stupidity or sarcasm.

what happens if i have pre bought my photo tickets on the SM store? will i still have to buy a virtual ticket?

You can't buy virtual tickets. You pick those up on the day. If you want an autograph yes, you will need to get a virtual ticket.

Virtual Queue Tickets work this way:

There's no actual auto tickets. The popular guests do have Virtual Queue tickets. This means you go to the guest's table and there will be a crew member handing out little pieces of paper. Those have a number. There's also a sign saying which numbers can join the actual queue now. Once this number has reached the number on your ticket you get in line. Then you pay for your autographs either at a table half way down the line, or you pay the crew member sitting next to the guest.

If the Virtual Queue system is in place you can get up to 5 items signed in one go. If it's not you can get as many signed as you want.

Yes, I am afraid so. You're in line, you will need a ticket.

what happens if i have pre bought my photo tickets on the SM store? will i still have to pick up a virtual ticket?

You pick up Virtual Tickets for autographs on the day of the signing.

Just to clarify, all members of a family or friend group have to go up to the crew member together to get the VT as the crew member will only give one per person. The steward/crew member will not give extra tickets. So make sure you are all organised together and no one is coming later or off on a bathroom break.:D

Just to clarify, all members of a family or friend group have to go up to the crew member together to get the VT as the crew member will only give one per person. The steward/crew member will not give extra tickets.

Thanks Kirsty, that is definitely an important note. I will have to make sure to get this worked in my little copy and paste file.

So make sure you are all organised together and no one is coming later or off on a bathroom break.:firedevil:

Organise a bathroom break before or after getting the tickets.

Either they go now or they'll just have to hold it. :D

Just A query about the photoshoot .. will the pic be of the whole tardis or a normal close up ? as my friend got one in manchester a few years ago with Dirk B , Dwight S & The A Team Van .. and they done it close up .. U couldn't even tell it was the van...

This is a question that has occurred to me too, and it has me a little concerned. Looking at hi-res photoshoot images that have been posted from Collectormania, it seems that there was very little space allocated to the photographer and unfortunately it is to the detriment of the photos.

The problem is that people in the photos are standing much too close to the backdrop. The people should be in focus and the painted backdrop slightly out of focus (achieved by setting the camera aperture to create the required depth of field). But it is apparently so close that there's no separation from the people, and *everything* is in sharp focus. So instead of creating a diffuse background to dramatically accentuate the foreground subjects of the photo, the backdrop looks exactly what it is - a large creased-up sheet of cloth.

Just to clarify, all members of a family or friend group have to go up to the crew member together to get the VT as the crew member will only give one per person. The steward/crew member will not give extra tickets.

Thanks Kirsty, that is definitely an important note. I will have to make sure to get this worked in my little copy and paste file.

So make sure you are all organised together and no one is coming later or off on a bathroom break.:firedevil:

Organise a bathroom break before or after getting the tickets.

Either they go now or they'll just have to hold it. :P

Kirsty? My name is Ann, not Kirsty. CurlyKirsty is my online name, sorry to confuse you LOL. My daughter is called Kirstin, we sometimes call her Curly. The amount of times people say to me, "your name's not Kirsty and your hair is not Curly?!" ;):D

I think Karen will be incredibly busy and I have booked a photoshoot for my daughter. I have my early entry tickets and am planning this like a military mission already.

I am going to try get all the Costumed people together again for a group photo as that was such an awesome sight, everyone seemed to enjoy it. Get them to shout Geronimo and Allonsy etc was a blast.

Edited by CurlyKirsty

Kirsty? My name is Ann, not Kirsty. CurlyKirsty is my online name, sorry to confuse you LOL. My daughter is called Kirstin, we sometimes call her Curly. The amount of times people say to me, "your name's not Kirsty and your hair is not Curly?!" :thumbup::headscratch:

Got you, Ann next time. I was going from the online name, sorry.

I think Karen will be incredibly busy and I have booked a photoshoot for my daughter.

I fully agree, Karen will be very busy. As you're bringing your daughter to see her it will be good to have everything planned out.

You think there will be a posibility of getting anything but her name on the signing? I mean like "To Me Love Karen" :YAHOO:

I mean since she will obviously be very busy. :)

The decision regarding personalisations won't be made until the day. Even then it could change during the day. It will depend on how many people want to see Karen in the available time.

You think there will be a posibility of getting anything but her name on the signing? I mean like "To Me Love Karen" :YAHOO:

I mean since she will obviously be very busy. :)

The decision regarding personalisations won't be made until the day. Even then it could change during the day. It will depend on how many people want to see Karen in the available time.

Ok, thanks for fast reply :)

• Moderators

I would say the earlier you get to see her, the more likely it is that you'll get more than her signature.

However, considering she's doing a shoot AND a talk, I wouldn't expect anything other than a signature. Anything else will be a bonus.

This is based on seeing how many came for Alex Kingston in one day, and that was without a talk!

I would say the earlier you get to see her, the more likely it is that you'll get more than her signature.

However, considering she's doing a shoot AND a talk, I wouldn't expect anything other than a signature. Anything else will be a bonus.

This is based on seeing how many came for Alex Kingston in one day, and that was without a talk!

Hopefully for those that get there early there is some opportunity to get a personalisation. With Alex, the team with the photos wrote the dedication down and it adds very little time an makes a big difference, especially at such a high cost this time. Can understand no photos especially with a photo shoot.

My son (who is very very excited) has a photo shoot number of 370: how many will she be doing?