First guests announed

chimmykins

I know Ben has done signing events here before but I don't think he's ever done a convention, if he had I'm sure I would've gone :o

Hoping to get a silver ticket for this one tomorrow at Chevron 7.6 :)

iv met ben browder before at collectormania 15 on 5th june 2009. i got his autograph and had my photo taken with him. didnt get much time to talk to him + the talks were cancled due to it had rained in the morning. never met christopher judge though so looking forward to meeting him. cant wait to buy my tickets. will get them ASAP. cant wait.:)

Edited by stargate geek emily

The Collectormania & LFCC events are not conventions. They are signing events. They are a different type of event.

Lol

Weekend, check

Talks, check

Photo shoots, check

Guest in hotel, check

Autographs, check

My credit card taking a beating, check

;-)

Like I said great guest and I want to come an might be able to be off work now, but before I commit I think I'll need another guest who is new for me, like Amanda, Claudia, corin, Jolene, or perhaps another big repeat like RDA ;-) or shanks

The Collectormania & LFCC events are not conventions. They are signing events. They are a different type of event.

Lol

Weekend, check

Talks, check

Photo shoots, check

Guest in hotel, check

Autographs, check

;-)

Like I said great guest and I want to come an might be able to be off work now, but before I commit I think I'll need another guest who is new for me, like Amanda, Claudia, corin, Jolene, or perhaps another big repeat like RDA ;-) or shanks

SM signing events cater mainly for autograph signings for multiple guests from various shows. The photo shoots and talks are not with every guest in attendance. ME conventions are considerably smaller events that have less guests and attendees (who all share a common interest in that show) for a more intimate experience. Guest encounters, themed parties and so on.

:WINCE:

• Showmasters Admin

Lol

Weekend, check

Talks, check

Photo shoots, check

Guest in hotel, check

Autographs, check

;-)

the funny thing is Amanda, Claudia, corin, Jolene, have all done cons if you go with your list of what a con is ? so they would all be repeat guests :D

but we do plan to go for some first timers ;)

jason

Lol

Weekend, check

Talks, check

Photo shoots, check

Guest in hotel, check

Autographs, check

;-)

the funny thing is Amanda, Claudia, corin, Jolene, have all done cons if you go with your list of what a con is ? so they would all be repeat guests :D

but we do plan to go for some first timers ;)

jason

yer I know, I said new for me in the above ;-)

regarding con, I just thought first time uk con guest was very misleading ;-)

BUT FANTASTIC GUESTS YES, looking forward to it, I should be there, just holding off for the icing for me ;-)

I get that they're different types of events, but surely they're all conventions, just different types? The clue is even in the name of LFCC - London Film and Comic Con.

I guess it's just a way to easily differentiate between the two types of event? Still, I agree it's misleading, I also wasn't expecting it to be Ben for the same reason as timelord81r. I thought it might be a Universe guest.

Still, it will be good to finally see Ben in a con Chevron environment.

I get that they're different types of events, but surely they're all conventions, just different types? The clue is even in the name of LFCC - London Film and Comic Con.
I'm game! Stargate SG-1 is a TV show, as is Farscape. No mention of that in the title.

London Film and Comic Con

:D

I'm game! Stargate SG-1 is a TV show, as is Farscape. No mention of that in the title.

London Film and Comic Con

:D

must resist, must resist, lol

all I will say is, con stands for convention :lol::clap: or have I got that wrong?

Edited by timelord81r

Well if they listed everything a signing event involves it would be a very long name :clap: But it does have con in the name, so :D

Really, why are signing events not seen as 'conventions' by some people (despite 'con' actually being in the name)? Is it just to easily differentiate between the different types of event, or is there another reason?