What Yer Buying From The Dealers?

gazzarelli

I'm hoping someone is either selling a lifesize version of Seven of Nine, preferably a blow up version, but i'll settle for a cardboard cut out

Also hoping a dealer there will sell some outfits, i like to dress up, cosplay i think you call it, but the outfits I try to make are complete pants

No extra money this time, so sorry dealers no spending spree from me :poki:

re: Hot Toys stuff. I have never seen that many stalls with these. As they are made and sold in another country and the international sales are done though bigger companies dealers at cons rarely have them. And if they do, for way more than you can get them online.

Anything BSG related. I am hoping the man with the black and white pics will be there, Richard Prints I think, would have liked to get some last time!!, although it all depends on the money front as pics and autos I have added up is going to be about £270!!

re: Hot Toys stuff. I have never seen that many stalls with these. As they are made and sold in another country and the international sales are done though bigger companies dealers at cons rarely have them. And if they do, for way more than you can get them online.

They're always more expensive at the cons. The dealers gotta eat. Cheapest place to get them is to pre-order them from online retailers (NOT Play) like cornerstorecomics...thats where I usually get mine. The longer you leave it to buy them the more expensive they get so either pre-order or buy as sonn as released.

I sold my SSC Exclusive battle-damaged Predator 2 on eBay this week and it went for £720. It was new in box, never opened. I paid £100 about 3 years ago.

I'm looking for some cheap blu ray discs.

Edited by nicky

They're always more expensive at the cons. The dealers gotta eat. Cheapest place to get them is to pre-order them from online retailers (NOT Play) like cornerstorecomics...thats where I usually get mine. The longer you leave it to buy them the more expensive they get so either pre-order or buy as sonn as released.

I sold my SSC Exclusive battle-damaged Predator 2 on eBay this week and it went for £720. It was new in box, never opened. I paid £100 about 3 years ago.

I'm looking for some cheap blu ray discs.

cheers nicky will do.

Yeah to be fair the Blade 2 figure is going for £300-£400 on ebay...

Wow. I bought mine as soon as it came out for about £90 I think. Its gone up fast. Last I saw Wolverine was only £220 and he came out before Blade and was more in demand. I saw that the Aliens USCM have gone down in price. Hicks used to go for around £600 now he's down to £150!! Shoulda sold mine ages ago then. I guess with HT increasing quality of figs the USCM aren't as appealing as they used to be anymore.

Edited by nicky

I'm buying nothing just getting autographs off the guests.Ask the dealers where they actually got stuff signed.Watch them stutter and try to think of something.The genuine ones know straight away.I do all the premieres,signings etc in london and other places and apart from a couple of them i never see them around.In that case they buy stuff from other people so unless they've seen it signed in front of them how can they be sure its genuine.Certificates of authenticity are totally worthless, if someone is prepared to sell you a fake (knowingly or unknowingly)then a COA isn't worth the price of the paper. Go on, ask them where they got it and where, watch the colour drain from their faces or the excuses.I have thousends of autographs and can remember every single meeting as any fan would.

Edited by bigcat

The genuine ones know straight away.

Not necessarily. Scammers can be very smart people - if they have a brain they will have already anticipated that you will ask where the auto came from so will have an answer already in their head. But you're right, COA arent worth s***. Plus as a dealer how can you expect them to remember where every individual auto came from and how? Of course they're gonna have to 'stutter and think' before answering. I cant understand why anyone would want an auto of someone they never met themselves anyway.

Edited by nicky

I'm buying nothing just getting autographs off the guests.Ask the dealers where they actually got stuff signed.Watch them stutter and try to think of something.The genuine ones know straight away.I do all the premieres,signings etc in london and other places and apart from a couple of them i never see them around.In that case they buy stuff from other people so unless they've seen it signed in front of them how can they be sure its genuine.Certificates of authenticity are totally worthless, if someone is prepared to sell you a fake (knowingly or unknowingly)then a COA isn't worth the price of the paper. Go on, ask them where they got it and where, watch the colour drain from their faces or the excuses.I have thousends of autographs and can remember every single meeting as any fan would.

Totally agree. Like you I do Premieres, Signings, Stage Doors what have you and I know a number of dealers by sight and so I know that they have been to the same Premiere I have etc.

And on your last statement, I can remember every single meeting as well.

The genuine ones know straight away.

Not necessarily. Scammers can be very smart people - if they have a brain they will have already anticipated that you will ask where the auto came from so will have an answer already in their head. But you're right, COA arent worth s***. Plus as a dealer how can you expect them to remember where every individual auto came from and how? Of course they're gonna have to 'stutter and think' before answering. I cant understand why anyone would want an auto of someone they never met themselves anyway.

Agree fully with this as well. Meeting the person and having them sign right in front of you makes it an amazing experience.

If the people selling 'Me To You' bears are there, then I might get something (they may be somewhere else that weekend due to cost :( )

Will be looking out for some cheap blu-rays (usually buy mine from another forum second hand now) Only be buying if cheap enough.

Other then that, what ever takes mine or my hubbies fancy that we have the room for.

Would really like to get a Dax mug for my hubby as its the last one he needs to have the complete set of Star Trek face mugs. (fingers crossed someone is selling one, its a long shot but I can pray)

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy