David Prowse

Dave is currently awaiting another operation on his hip. Hopefully this will go well and he will be back signing ASAP. He has cancelled all imminent signings until after his op. Hopefully he'll be attending Glasgow as I have more items I need him on but his health is more important than my pics!!

Dave is currently awaiting another operation on his hip. Hopefully this will go well and he will be back signing ASAP. He has cancelled all imminent signings until after his op. Hopefully he'll be attending Glasgow as I have more items I need him on but his health is more important than my pics!!
His April update says that he has cancelled all appearances up to the begining of July (it's not worded in the best way). Reading on further he does list Glasgow as an event that he is still intending on attending.

Of course if his operation gets delayed again that may change. It does sound like another major operation as opposed to a minor one. Hopefully it will go well for him.

He's just confirmed on Facebook that he will be going into hospital on May 13th for his op. Also says he's glad he's not superstitious as it will be Friday the 13th!

Here's wishing him well and hoping it all goes OK and that he makes a quick recovery.

• 2 weeks later...
Update from Facebook today:

"Just a quick note to let you all know that Dave's surgery went well and he is currently recovering."

Good news, I'm sure everyone will agree.

Very good news. Thanks for the update.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest update from Facebook (Sci-Fi Convention Pinboard).

"As many people in the convention world will know, Dave has been suffering with terrible hip and knee problems for many years. Recently he has had to cancel nearly all of his convention appearences due to his decreased mobility. 2 weeks ago he had major surgery in which he had a new hip, knee and femur replecements fitted. I went to see him at home today. He is in excellent spirits and looks better than I've ever seen him. The doctors are thrilled with his recovery so far. Fingers crossed everything looks like it's going very well for him. He still has to take everything slowly and gently get fit again. He is itching to get back onto the convention scene. It really won't be too long until we see him at some shows."

Nice positive news. Thought it may be of interest.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a brief chat with Dave earlier today at LFCC. He's recovering well and looked remarkably well, all things considered. He's not 100% sure whether he'll be able to do Glasgow or not at the moment but is hoping to be able to make it. So now it's just a case of waiting to see what happens.