COLLECTORMANIA BRIGHTON

Starbug

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it would work well. It's not much further from London than Milton Keynes, but most of the country would still have to pass through London to get there.

I think Bristol, Cardiff or Newcastle would have a better claim. The South East is well catered for already.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its a bit of an awkward location for the Majority of the UK. There's a reason most events in the UK are held in London/Midlands, its pretty central for everyone. It's a pity as its a nice destination, but realistically I couldn't see it working.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Its a bit of an awkward location for the Majority of the UK. There's a reason most events in the UK are held in London/Midlands, its pretty central for everyone. It's a pity as its a nice destination, but realistically I couldn't see it working.

I have to agree with this. I don't think that events need to be in London or the Midlands purely because they are most central, but I think when you are looking at events that are in costal cities it can be slightly too far as it's ften literally the end of the line. If you are looking at south of London, Ithink somewhere like Guildford, Royal Tunbridge Wells or Crawley are more likely contenders.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I live in Brighton, and although it would be easy for me, I don't think it would work - the only people it would be easier for is the people who actually live in Sussex, and London is only an hour away anyway!

Honestly, I don't think it would pull enough of a crowd. Either you're willing to spend an hour on the train or you're not - the people who won't travel somewhere as close as London probably won't be that bothered about a con in Brighton either.

So yeah, it would be cool for those of us that are Brighton based, but it wouldn't be profitable for SM.

(Just noticed how long ago this topic was started, talk about a late reply!)

• 1 year later...

bump but scratch the collectermania bit and turn it into a Brighton Film and Comic Con Chris Barrie said to me himself we need a con down here there are loads of places down here that could hold an event like this and it would be very popular

• Like 1