FAO SM- Wil Wheaton!

Lizzy

It was previously thought that Wil has a phobia of flying, but it seems this has now either relaxed or gone as he's now appearing at an event outside of the US! He would be an AMAZING guest to meet, for either CM MK, which is in the same month, or even sooner for EMS or later for Warp 10. We CAN'T miss out on getting Wil over here for a show if he's now willing to travel! I'm sure he'd be a HUGE draw for Trek fans, plus Leverage fans!

Also, I'll add that Garrett Wang is going to this con (not been to a SM show since 2005), and Carel Struycken (Mr Homm- not been to a SM show!) and Marina Sirtis, SM favourite who hasn't been to a show in a while either.

I can't be alone with this request!

(oh, and while I'm at it- Nichelle Nichols, Nana Visitor, Casey Biggs, Vaughn Armstrong, Brent Spiner, Jon Frakes are doing quite a few US cons this year that don't seem to clash with any of SM's dates. Yes please for all!!)

Edited by Lizzy

• Showmasters Admin

I've removed the reference to the other event because Jason is fully aware of it as he goes to it almost every year and so doesn't need to be referenced to make your case.

I agree it would be great to have him to either MK or LFCC.

• Showmasters Admin

Just sorted the sentence structure lol! I just wanted to make the point with the dates that it was near to MK, in case he fancied a long holiday to do the 2 in the same month!

It's fine, we know when he's in Europe :thumbup:

I'll be bugging Jason.

Excellent. If you could add the other names into your bugging too, that'd be mighty helpful lol!! The upcoming Wedding is seriously restricting my finances and ability to travel, hummm!
Have you considered inviting them to your wedding? Now that would be a wedding photo!

I agree it would be great to have him to either MK or LFCC.
Or Warp 10!

Excellent. If you could add the other names into your bugging too, that'd be mighty helpful lol!! The upcoming Wedding is seriously restricting my finances and ability to travel, hummm!
Have you considered inviting them to your wedding? Now that would be a wedding photo!

tumblr_l79qlmbUoP1qd5tdto1_500.jpg

Yes! Though they cut Wesley out this photo... Ok, add him, make Troi me and it's sorted :thumbup:

...oh, and I guess I'd better stick James in somewhere, too. Or I could just stick with Riker? That sounds acceptable!!!

Wil is an amazing guest, he usually does a reading from one of his books or a general talk about geekdom. His story about meeting William Shatner is ..... enlightening :)

As far as I know (and I'm open to corrections) he doesn't like to charge for autographs, so not sure how SM would handle that ..... actually I'm curious to know if any previous guests have ever signed without charging?

I think Seth Green is another one that's not meant to like charging... but he's never been over as a guest to any show as far as I'm aware. I believe that Wil will likely charge at this show... I've been told prices for autographs and pre-orders should be up soon, so I guess that'd give us our answer!

Plus, we're in a tough climate... people's finances change and they may be willing to both ignore a flying phobia and start charging if needs must :firedevil:

Wil is an amazing guest, he usually does a reading from one of his books or a general talk about geekdom. His story about meeting William Shatner is ..... enlightening :)

As far as I know (and I'm open to corrections) he doesn't like to charge for autographs, so not sure how SM would handle that ..... actually I'm curious to know if any previous guests have ever signed without charging?

When Simon Pegg attended LFACC a few years back, I believe that rather than paying for a signature, you paid £15 or whatever it was to attend his talk and an in person autograph was included in the price.

Only downside to that was he could only do so many autographs because they were limited by the number of talk tickets that could be sold.

When Simon Pegg attended LFACC a few years back, I believe that rather than paying for a signature, you paid £15 or whatever it was to attend his talk and an in person autograph was included in the price.

Only downside to that was he could only do so many autographs because they were limited by the number of talk tickets that could be sold.

His LFCC must have been before I discovered SM

I remember he did the manchester one a while back. When they were promoting Hot Fuzz if I recall correctly. Him and Nick Frost did a talk and then you got another ticket to queue to get them to sign a promo for the film maybe, I cant really remember. But it was free both the talk and the autograph.

LFCC2, First weekend in November 2004 if memory serves me right! And it was at Wembley, yep.

That would have been 2 years before I found out about these events. LFCC 2006 was my 1st due to the Lost guests. They should bring Simon Pegg back. Just finished his book, wouldn't mind getting that signed.

And of course Will Wheaton would be cool. I can't stand TNG, but his appearances on the Big Bang Theory have been pretty funny so far.

• 6 months later...