next guest coming soon

showmasters

Twilight appeals to a lot of people outside of that niche market base therefore professional advertising needs to happen in other places, through other publications and other mediums.

Whilst it is true that Twilight is popular, it may be that advertising outside the "niche market base" has minimal returns. I know several people who are rather into Twilight, but none of them would come to a convention, for various different reasons.

Similarly, Eastenders and Coronation Street have very large and dedicated fanbases ouside of the "niche market base", but I'm not aware of them doing big convention business (I may be wrong). I think that in these days of the internet and numerous online forums, those people who are interested in conventions will hear about them and find them; trying to find people who haven't heard of them and may be interested could be a large exepnse for small returns.

I know what you mean, I have asked some people if they would like to come to the conventions but they can't believe that people go to these events when the main cast members aren't present. There are Twilight fans and there are Twilight fans :D

I am sure we will get the 6 guests ME promised us but I would love to know who is coming. We have to remember that the name of the next guest can't be confirmed until the contract is signed and terms agreed to...... that doesn't stop us checking the forum every 5 minutes for the next announcement :D

Edited by TwilightMum

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! I'm Julia (age 30), I'm a newbie here and a newbie to conventions - this one will be my first and I'm travelling down from Scotland so I'm a bit nervous. I just bought a silver pass a few minutes ago :)

Hoping that Peter Facinelli will end up being one of the other guests (he moved a signing he was doing to March so there's the possibility he could be a guest) as I'm crazy about him :D Even if he isn't there it'll still be brilliant fun!! :D

Now I just have to book my hotel room and my train ticket...

Edited by Sci-fi Jules

Hey guys

I'm a newbie here on the board and on Eternal twilight as well.

I just bought my ticket (Standard one. i can buy photoshoot tickets during the event right? thats how it is here in Germany at conventions).

Anyway... I'm looking forward to it. And if by some miracle Kellan would be announced as another guest, I would kiss everyones feet lol.

Just need to book my flight from Germany now.

And I'm coming alone. So some of you guys have to help me and guide me through the weekend :D

Jannine

xoxo

Hey guys

I'm a newbie here on the board and on Eternal twilight as well.

I just bought my ticket (Standard one. i can buy photoshoot tickets during the event right? thats how it is here in Germany at conventions).

Anyway... I'm looking forward to it. And if by some miracle Kellan would be announced as another guest, I would kiss everyones feet lol.

Just need to book my flight from Germany now.

And I'm coming alone. So some of you guys have to help me and guide me through the weekend :D

Jannine

xoxo

Yes, you can buy photoshoots. These are available from the reg desk over the weekend. Its usually recommended that you budget about £15 per photoshoot.

Im sure you will have an amazing time at your first ET. Just ask anybody anytime if you have any questions. The crew are awesome

Edited by Beechy

Hello! I'm Julia (age 30), I'm a newbie here and a newbie to conventions - this one will be my first and I'm travelling down from Scotland so I'm a bit nervous. I just bought a silver pass a few minutes ago :)

Hoping that Peter Facinelli will end up being one of the other guests (he moved a signing he was doing to March so there's the possibility he could be a guest) as I'm crazy about him :D Even if he isn't there it'll still be brilliant fun!! :D

Hello Julia, I'm a fellow Scot and around the same age as you. Well done for booking a silver pass. That is a good ticket for your first convention! I attend the events with my daughter. I can understand you being nervous but 99% of people you will meet at these events are lovely, the crew are very helpful and will always do whatever they can for you to make the weekend as fun as possible.

The Hotel is pretty good also, and there is usually a food court set up for our exclusive use. During past events, we have experienced the culinary delights of Charlie's cone of Wedges, Volturi Variety Of Sandwiches, the Marcus Meal Deal and the Cullen Burger which def gets mixed reviews :D If you aren't sure where to go etc... there is always someone who will help you.

I have chatted to lots of people who have attended the events alone, and if it wasn't for my daughter coming with me, I would be coming alone also. You will soon meet up with people.

Did you manage to get a room at the hotel yet?

Just a word of advice, if you are travelling back up from Birmingham to Glasgow on the train Sunday night, make sure you book seats as the Sunday night trains are always very busy.

I hope your first ET is a wonderful experience :D

I haven't booked the room yet but I need to transfer some money from another account to my current account first :dance: I'll be booking this week though :) Planning on coming back home on the Monday afternoon...don't really like the idea of coming back on a Sunday tbh.

I forgot to fill in the ticketholder name thing on the booking form though, what do I do?

I haven't booked the room yet but I need to transfer some money from another account to my current account first :dance: I'll be booking this week though :) Planning on coming back home on the Monday afternoon...don't really like the idea of coming back on a Sunday tbh.

I forgot to fill in the ticketholder name thing on the booking form though, what do I do?

Send it, along with any other relevant details, to Yvie at info@collectormania.com

I would also include the order confirmation number that you should have received via e-mail to make it easier for her to find your order

Send it, along with any other relevant details, to Yvie at info@collectormania.com

I would also include the order confirmation number that you should have received via e-mail to make it easier for her to find your order

Thanks for that, I'm sending an e-mail now. I don't know why I didn't see that part to be honest, I feel stupid!

I know what you mean, I have asked some people if they would like to come to the conventions but they can't believe that people go to these events when the main cast members aren't present. There are Twilight fans and there are Twilight fans :dance:

Actually most of the Twilight fans I know wouldn't go to a convention even if all the main cast members were there; either it's just not their thing, or it's not far enough up their list of priorities. Takes all sorts to make a world. But the point is, any mainstream media advertising aimed at them as Twilight fans would just be money wasted.

Hoping that Peter Facinelli will end up being one of the other guests (he moved a signing he was doing to March so there's the possibility he could be a guest) as I'm crazy about him ;) Even if he isn't there it'll still be brilliant fun!! :wub:

I hope pfac is coming but could be because filming of breaking dawn which is most likely the case

Hoping that Peter Facinelli will end up being one of the other guests (he moved a signing he was doing to March so there's the possibility he could be a guest) as I'm crazy about him :wub: Even if he isn't there it'll still be brilliant fun!! :wub:

I hope pfac is coming but could be because filming of breaking dawn which is most likely the case

Hoping that Peter Facinelli will end up being one of the other guests (he moved a signing he was doing to March so there's the possibility he could be a guest) as I'm crazy about him :wub: Even if he isn't there it'll still be brilliant fun!! :wub:

Just out of interest, was it you I contacted via FB telling them about this or was that a completely different Julia from Scotland?