now we are going to work on some first timer guests

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we are going to work on some first timer guests from now one some guests we have tried to get in the past or some of the rare guest we have worked with in the past but these guest will be the hard ones and it will take some time but we have months before the con , but we have started working on these already and its looking good , some may not agree to it till nearer the time of the show but we just wanted you all to know we are working on this :D

we do have lots planned for this con and we know its going ot be one of the best cons of the year :D

hope to see you there

jason :clap:

These would be who interest me as long as they are main cast. Unfortunately, as much as I like John Rhys Davies, and enjoyed meeting Sala Baker, for me personally I would need some big guests i've never met before to tempt me to buy a ticket

• Moderators

Yay :D Great news !

Does this mean that people who have already come to a signing event like Dom, Elijah and Billy Boyd will not attend.

Jason said:

we are going to work on some first timer guests from now one some guests we have tried to get in the past or some of the rare guest we have worked with in the past

:YAHOO:

I hope it is Karl Urban, Sean Bean would be my perfect choice, [Karl very close second] I would also welcome Sarah McLeod but it maybe her character is not big enough now Jed and Sala have been announced.

Marton Csokas would also be a great great first timer............

I REALLY would love Bruce Hopkins as I feel it he would become an absolute ME legend after this convention, but not a first timer sadly.

Still guessing, the suspense is killing me on who the next guest will be ;)

As an attendee of practically all past LOTR events [elsewhere and Collectormania shows], I've met a lot of LOTR actors and hoping to see someone new, I would like to vote for Marton Csokas. That's not to say I wouldn't be thrilled beyond measure to see any of the A listers or indeed any of the actors seen before; however, Marton, I hope, is a more realistic prospect who I haven't met yet, so I hope you can get him.

• 1 month later...

As an attendee of practically all past LOTR events [elsewhere and Collectormania shows], I've met a lot of LOTR actors and hoping to see someone new, I would like to vote for Marton Csokas. That's not to say I wouldn't be thrilled beyond measure to see any of the A listers or indeed any of the actors seen before; however, Marton, I hope, is a more realistic prospect who I haven't met yet, so I hope you can get him.

I spoke to Marton recently whilst he was appearing at the National and he doesn't like signing things so it's unlikely that he'll want to come to event to sign stuff for folks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I spoke to Marton recently whilst he was appearing at the National and he doesn't like signing things so it's unlikely that he'll want to come to event to sign stuff for folks.

How odd. Marton was awesome when I met him with another chap, Star Wars fan. Signed two or three posters and at least one photo for the other guy and a couple of things from Xena Warrior Princess for me. We both got pictures with him and chatted for a while. He even insisted I had a listen to his Ipod - never heard of Santo Gold before... We had a great time with him.

• 2 weeks later...

In common with a lot of actors, he is probably not happy to sign items at the Stage Door which do not relate to the play he is in. I know that this is the case for the former Doctor Who main cast, for example Catherine Tate and David Tennant.

• 1 month later...

Can I suggest a few more guests? Maybe you've already contacted them, but Mark Furgeson (Gil-Galad) and Lori Dungey (Mrs. Bradegirdle) are both really lovely at conventions.

Craig Parker (Haldir)... but he's filming spartacus... maybe he'll be done by November though?? I know a few people who would just go for him alone ;-)

Also Billy Boyd seems to be doing conventions again. If he's doing one convention, why not another too :)

Edit by QS: Sorry, the forum rules do not allow talk about other events, so I did have to edit a huge part of your post. I hope it still makes sense that way. Feel free to edit if you like. As a rule of thumb if the information in the post is enough to find the other event is enough to find the info on Google it is too much.

Edited by Queen_Sindel