lord of the rings is the con that showmasters never ran

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

lord of the rings is "The" con that showmasters never ran we worked with most of the cast and we had the guests first nearly every time but we never got around to running a con at that time , this time we will be ready from the start and we plan to bring you some really amazing fun events , we intend this conversion to be one legends are made of :dance:

we would love to see some of you from Collectormaina from the past at this event :YAHOO:

when we started running big events we started around the time of the Lord of the Rings films coming out , so for this its like us going back to our roots :YAHOO:

we would love to see some of you that were there from the start , people we have not seen for some time , this event will be a lot of fun and we are all looking forward to this so much , so we hope to see some old friends there .

so tell all your friends about this event and help get the word out and make this con one to remember we have lots planed for this and we really want to get it going ready for when the Hobbit comes out .

lots more to come on this event over the next few months

jason

When? I'm in C4 was the beginning of a lasting loving affair with all things LOTR. I was there and I can visualise every moment - don't believe we will ever capture that anticiaption and excitement again

Edit - sorry just caught up, I know when it is now and will probably see you there!

Edited by Lips

Seeing the photos of the Hobbitses on the forum and on the web site still makes me gutted that I only found out about Showmasters in 2009 :WINCE:

Ditto. (Well, 2008, but my first event was in 2009).

*makes me gutted I only started coming in 2009. I was never allowed to come on my own to all the CMs they were at cos I wasn't old enough apparently :smile:

Seeing the photos of the Hobbitses on the forum and on the web site still makes me gutted that I only found out about Showmasters in 2009 :WAVE:

Ditto. (Well, 2008, but my first event was in 2009).

I have to ditto your comment, knew in 08 but i was 14 and decided it wasn't that good an idea since at that time i preferred buying silly things like ipods etc :thumbup:

I havn't been to a SM con for ages, (as no LOTR guests) only recently for the annual JRD appearance which did not happen this year :D but the memories of days gone by are still unbelievable. So with that in mind I am going off to buy a gold ticket :)

I am so so so so so so so so happy you have decided to do a lord of the rings event, I love the films, the bookes everything. I cant wait, my 1st con was also C3 Back when a few stars of the films came, Lord of the rings was the thing that made me come to these signings and to continue with them. I am so happy, please please please get some great guests to this!! I cannot wait, I will deffinatly be there!!!!!!!!

Thank you so mUch Showmasters

Tom

x

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'll be there. You bet. The ten-year anniversary is a big deal. It brings a tear to my eye, too!

And I beg true believers - please buy tickets in advance for this event. If you do you will be helping to secure more, and maybe better, guests. Buy the cheapest ticket if that's all you can manage but please do buy one.

If you don't then the organisers will be unable to produce anything spectacular - and you can be certain that they would love to. You can't hope for great guests and not help to provide the cash to pay for them.

Show that you care! lol.

Edited by orlandopassion