Guest Cancellation

showmasters

Dispappointing!!!

I've never known so many cancellations for the same one event, this can't be good for a company's reputation!

What rot!

It just means that the guest has another job to do which MUST take priority over this.

Showmasters reputation is rock solid hence why they are able to secure the guests that they can.

• Moderators

Dispappointing!!!

I've never known so many cancellations for the same one event, this can't be good for a company's reputation!

What rot!

It just means that the guest has another job to do which MUST take priority over this.

Showmasters reputation is rock solid hence why they are able to secure the guests that they can.

Absolutely. Cancellations are one thing that aren't under SMs control, and the majority of people certainly won't blame them for what's happened.

They occur regularly on the con scene no matter WHO the organiser is. Reputations aren't really harmed by them.

Dispappointing!!!

What rot!

Absolutely. Cancellations are one thing that aren't under SMs control, and the majority of people certainly won't blame them for what's happened.

They occur regularly on the con scene no matter WHO the organiser is. Reputations aren't really harmed by them.

Yep it's just one of them annoying things that happens. If Showmasters said to everybody when they were trying to get them at a Collectormania that you can't cancel for big tv or movie projects if they crop up then the lineup would be nowhere near as big as it currently is.

Philip Glenister is a key example of this, he may not have even said yes if Showmasters enforced that he couldn't say yes. I am hugely disappointed that he won't be there, but I wish him every success in Treasure Island and I do not count Showmaster responsible in any way, I am grateful that they at least tried.

Wow consider me jumped all over, jeez what a reaction, I'm not holding them responsible at all I understand the work commitments thing but so many cancellations just doesn't look good I'm sorry that's my opinion and one that I am entitled to.

• Moderators

I always wonder why people say they're being 'jumped on' when a couple of people have replied to their 'opinion' on a public board. If you're entitled to an opinion, then others are too. Certainly doesn't mean people are jumping on you :D

Of course it doesn't look good, but to suggest it's damaging to a reputation is overreacting I think. What would anyone say? "Oh God, look at Showmasters, they never get guests!" .. there's still however many coming, and past track records in terms of guests attending are good too.

Sorry but people will discuss things if you post on here. There's nothing really wrong with that.

Yep I appreciate that, but the thing about human nature is that we always remember the negatives unfortunately rather than the positives and for me personally every guest I was coming to see this weekend has cancelled so now all I see this as is a very expensive weekend away near to Christmas that what I have spent on hotels, entry and travelling could have been put to far better use.

I understand that it's a risk to take when booking but that still doesn't mean it's not disappointing and it will certainly make me think twice when booking in the future.

I don't post often but have been around long enough on this forum to have seen every sort of discussion

I feel I need to pipe up in defence of clarabell

While we all understand that cancellations are totally outside of SMs control I can understand what is meant by "damage the reputation". Potential customers don't need to understand the inner workings of how a show/event is put together or all the hard work it involves. They just make a decision on whether to spend their money on going to an event based on what is on offer at that event. If a decision is made to attend and then they find that the reason for that decision has been lost - they will think twice next time, its human nature. I'm sure SM are well aware of this, but it is outside of their control.

To express your opinion is one thing. To do it in such a manner as "what rot" is another thing entirely. I understand why clarabell felt "jumped on"

Let's all play nicely!!!

Not possible to have a replacement ?

It's Thursday afternoon. Quite short notice. Not saying it is impossible, but in my eyes not very likely.

Well, we had a replacement guest at even shorter notive at ET4 so...... I'll keep my fingers crossed until the last moment :)

Not possible to have a replacement ?

It's Thursday afternoon. Quite short notice. Not saying it is impossible, but in my eyes not very likely.

Well, we had a replacement guest at even shorter notive at ET4 so...... I'll keep my fingers crossed until the last moment :)

chevron also

but with the amount of guests at CML id guess SM wont bother, and besides perhaps Paul mcgann was a late replacement?

id love to see more guests id be interested in but cant see it happening now. still got 7 photo shoots to keep me busy, PLEASE do a 66 boys shoot, come on SM all the cancelations and the early PS time finish both days, surely you can fit it in!!!