ET6 In london?

CharlotteP

I'm hoping ET6 is at Brum again! Just for the very small chance them Rugby lads are there again! ;)

Jenny - me and my friend clocked the rugby boys as well :P

I wish I had the guts to talk to the one with the broken leg :dance:

So I vote for where there is a RPA meeting on the Monday. :clap:

Moving it to London would only make it fair for people who live in London. Attendees comes from all over the world let alone the country. For me I have to travel 130miles to get to Birmingham and to get to London its closer to 300miles. I can do Birmingham and back in one tank of fuel which is £50 so to get to London I'd need atleast 2 tanks of fuel which would then be £100. I could also get the train but thats £71 each (thats advanced can I add) and there's two of us so that would £142 and then I'd have to work out getting the tube as well and I don't do trains either due to travel sickness. As I said I could take the car but then there are the congestion charges, excessive costs of parking, countering in petrol for the starting and stopping of travel in London and the hotels probably also being extorcinate even with con rates.

Realistically if the con were to be somewhat more fair and moved to somewhere a lot more central (i.e. travelling distance from the top of the country to the event and the bottom of the country to the event being equal) I'd say have it in Manchester.

Nooo not London, Bham is a good venue its the 2nd biggest Uk city anyways ... I prefer cons in bham

See I agree with this. The cons I've done in Birmingham (Twi Proms, ET's and ones I can't name on here) have always been fun. All I can say is....birmingham = road trip!!! Oh and Starbucks from Charnock Richards services :D

Moving it to London would only make it fair for people who live in London.

I don't think so. I suspect somebody living in say Brighton or Southend or Canterbury might find it easier to get to London than Birmingham, which arguably would be "fairer" for them.

I could take the car but then there are the congestion charges, excessive costs of parking, countering in petrol for the starting and stopping of travel in London

Congestion charges and "starting and stopping of travel" would only be a factor if it was in central London. Wouldn't apply if the hotel used were in Heathrow or Wembley, for example.

Realistically if the con were to be somewhat more fair and moved to somewhere a lot more central (i.e. travelling distance from the top of the country to the event and the bottom of the country to the event being equal) I'd say have it in Manchester.

That's a purely geographic view that doesn't take into account population distribution. The population of the UK is 62 million. Over one-third of them (22 million) live within 50 miles of London. Only 11 million people live within 50 miles of Manchester. So arguably moving it to London would be helpful for many more people as moving it to Manchester. (By contrast, the number of people living within 50 miles of Brum is only 6 million).

All that apart, if you're going to hold an event for over 1,000 people and have an established venue where you have good service and understanding and are generally happy with it, it's a big upheaval - and not a minor risk - to change venue. I certainly haven't seen any compelling argument on this thread to change.

Edited by TommyT

PLease, please, PLEASE I'm begging you, can you have ET6 in London? Its hard for me to get up to Birmingham due to family. And I really enjoyed the London prom. Please I beg you *gets on hands and knees* can we have a Twilight con in London, even if its a small one again.

No ET6 should definatly NOT be held in London as it would not be fair to the fans who live up North and who also have to travel along way and spend out not only on the tickets but for accomodation and travel, London is way to expensive to stay in. We also have families and financial burdens and besides London gets everything including Premiers which we never get to go to so no I dont think that t is a good idea at all.

PLease, please, PLEASE I'm begging you, can you have ET6 in London? Its hard for me to get up to Birmingham due to family. And I really enjoyed the London prom. Please I beg you *gets on hands and knees* can we have a Twilight con in London, even if its a small one again.

No ET6 should definatly NOT be held in London as it would not be fair to the fans who live up North and who also have to travel along way and spend out not only on the tickets but for accomodation and travel, London is way to expensive to stay in. We also have families and financial burdens and besides London gets everything including Premiers which we never get to go to so no I dont think that t is a good idea at all.

But what about us who live down South who also have families and other financial burdens? :poki:

I have 4 children who cost waaaaaay too much :angel::poki: One of whom also comes to the Twilight cons with me and like I said, Live down South so going "up North" (it is to me :poki: ) to Brum is a huge expense for me :poki:

Like others have said, Wherever it was held, It would be too far/too expensive for someone :poki:

Edited by SacredSilence

Brum's a nice central place for everyone to get to and people who are coming from abroad can get here easily because of the close proximity to the airport.

I for one wouldn't be able to attend if it was in London.

A Liverpool con would be amazing! haha! Collectormania Liverpool maybe! lol!