FAO of Mark, Jason or Yvie

SacredSilence

Sorry to post on here, But I have sent three emails between April and now and not had a reply :D

I know you`re mad busy and two were sent on Facebook where I`m not as a friend of Jason so they may well have been deleted without being read cos you dunno me :D I sent the last one to info@showmastersonline.com

Anyway, This is a copy of what I sent on Facebook and to the info email -

Hi there,

I hope you don`t mind me sending you a message.

I just wondered if there would be any possibility of maybe donating a standard ticket for ET4 to charity?

The charity I am thinking of is www.postpals.co.uk who do a lot for sick children (most terminal). They mostly send mail to the children hence "postpals" but they also try and grant wishes for children.

I thought I would ask you if it would be possible before mentioning it to them incase it isn`t feasible. Sadly, After buying two gold tickets for the event I am unable to buy one myself to donate.

I don`t even know if any of the pals are Twilight fans, It is something I would ask once I got the heads up (or down) from you.

^^^

I hope you read this and can let me know as it`s only a week away. I appreciate you may not be able to afford this, But wondered if it could maybe be possible as the event isn`t sold out.

But if I could at least have an answer, Even if it is a no. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

LiSe xX

Hi there

That's a nice suggestion but my concern would be that a lot of the people who attend the ET cons have charities they support and if ME donate a ticket to this charity then lots of other people might start asking in the future.

Do you mean donate a ticket for one of the children who are ill?

Thanks Vicky & Lily x

Hi there

That's a nice suggestion but my concern would be that a lot of the people who attend the ET cons have charities they support and if ME donate a ticket to this charity then lots of other people might start asking in the future.

Do you mean donate a ticket for one of the children who are ill?

I appreciate this might not be a feasible idea and didn`t want to post publicly, But time is running out and I wasn`t getting a response from emails as they probably get a million a day with all the cons etc.

I also appreciate what you say about others supporting other charities. Yes I meant donate a ticket to one of the children so that they could go to the convention - No doubt, their carer would also have to come along so would probably need to buy a ticket so at least 1 other ticket would be sold in an otherwise unsold out con (if that makes sense :/ lol). I didn`t mean support the charity as a whole :)

I hope my post makes sense, I`m not very articulate sadly. Hence not phoning as I would make even less sense if I had to speak to someone cos I`d ramble :D:D

Hi there

I have heard of this charity as my son has Cystic Fibrosis but as others have said everyone has things close to their own hearts and ME will end up inindated with requests for ticket donations.

Also, my son is coming to the event with me and he has CF, people with Cystic Fibrosis should not mix with each other due to cross-infection with bugs that are specifically attracted to the lungs of people with this disease (not a risk to the general public) so I'm hoping that if a child from postpals does come then they don't have CF as my son has quite a few bugs that could pose a risk to another person with this disease :D

Edited by My Immortal

it's stuff like this that makes me love this fandom :)

If this doesn't work out lisa you could look into another way to do something... like fund-raising to buy a ticket to ET5... or simply fund-raising to donate money and stuff. I see it happen alot on the fanfiction side of the fandom...

http://thefandomgivesback.blogspot.com/

Welcome to The Fandom Gives Back, a Fandom-wide initiative, created to unite the fans of the Twilight Saga and raise money for Alex's Lemonade Stand. ALSF is a children's cancer research foundation, borne from the vision of Alex Scott (1996-2004). In November of 2009, the worldwide Twilight community banded together to raise more than $87,000 in just 7 days!

and in 2010 they raised $144,304.00

and now they're raising money for the fandom for preemies

You could maybe look into contacting them and asking for advice or something on ways to get the fandom involved. With those it tends to be people auctioning off fanfictions and like banners for fanfiction... there's other twilight stuff too but i think it mostly comes from the fic auctions.

Dunno if any of that was helpful though lol

Edited by bfsfreakaof

Hi My Immortal x

I appreciate what you`re saying about your little one. But with so many others already attending, Someone else with CF could already be attending without anyone else being aware. Hopefully all will be well for your little one, Hope he has a great time.

I just think it would be a shame if a pal who might not otherwise be able to attend ET4 without a donated ticket to miss out when I`m sure situations like this would be taken into consideration by the parents/carers. Not forgetting that not all pals have CF. Postpals have pals with many different long term illnesses.

With so many people attending a con like this, There are bound to be risks with infections from anyone x

I sincerely hope my post doesn`t come accross as argumentative or offensive x

it's stuff like this that makes me love this fandom :)

If this doesn't work out lisa you could look into another way to do something... like fund-raising to buy a ticket to ET5... or simply fund-raising to donate money and stuff. I see it happen alot on the fanfiction side of the fandom...

http://thefandomgivesback.blogspot.com/

Welcome to The Fandom Gives Back, a Fandom-wide initiative, created to unite the fans of the Twilight Saga and raise money for Alex's Lemonade Stand. ALSF is a children's cancer research foundation, borne from the vision of Alex Scott (1996-2004). In November of 2009, the worldwide Twilight community banded together to raise more than $87,000 in just 7 days!

and in 2010 they raised $144,304.00

and now they're raising money for the fandom for preemies

You could maybe look into contacting them and asking for advice or something on ways to get the fandom involved. With those it tends to be people auctioning off fanfictions and like banners for fanfiction... there's other twilight stuff too but i think it mostly comes from the fic auctions.

Dunno if any of that was helpful though lol

Thanks for the advice x

I`m aware of Alexs Lemonade Stand but I think it mostly donates overseas doesn`t it? I don`t know enough about who they donate TO x

I am afraid with somewhere around a 1000 people attending the event, all in close quarters in the hotel with air conditioning, then there is always the risk of even catching the common cold

(or flucinelli, or Tysonitis! lol)

We dont know if someone has even turned up with a raging stomach bug cos they still wanted to meet a particular guest.

It is the same for any public event I am afraid. I am sure we have had attendees with CF before, but would we ever know who has what?

Sorry, it would be a shame if this turned into an argument, so I am going to close this thread for Showmasters to read, reply, delete when they have as they see fit.

Ps I have pinned this only because there are a crazy number of threads at the moment with the A-Z group threads, that there is a serious chance it would get lost before SM/ME saw it.

Please feel free to unpin when you have read.

ps Update

I have been looking on Postpals and found the perfect pal to donate a ticket to IF SM/ME would be able to and she doesn`t have CF -

http://www.postpals.co.uk/pals/Jayde+D

She seems to adore Twilight and has recently had a rough patch, So I`m sure she would be delighted if she were able to go.

Kind Regards :)

(Sacredsilence) Edited by Rhianydd

If it makes any difference, Three people who can no longer attend this con have offered to donate their tickets if they could have the names transferred as it is for charity.

I NEED to know by tomorrow as that is when the con rate room needs to be cancelled without being charged as it will no longer be needed.

I am HOPING that someone will please give me an answer?

As a reminder, This is the pal I would like to donate a ticket to -

http://www.postpals.co.uk/pals/Jayde+D

Thanks!

This is taken from the ET website: "Note that all programme admissions are non-refundable, and non-transferable."

Doubtful that you will be able to transfer the tickets over. With it being for charity, speak to TT just in case.

This is taken from the ET website: "Note that all programme admissions are non-refundable, and non-transferable."

Doubtful that you will be able to transfer the tickets over. With it being for charity, speak to TT just in case.

Thanks :) I know that. My original request was could they possibly donate a ticket as it`s for charity and isn`t sold out. But as a few friends are now unable to go, They offered their ticket rather than SM/ME have to donate one IF it would be possible to change the name - Again, As it`s for charity :)

*BUMP*!

I suspect you'd be best off ringing the office on this one. (Apologies to DavidB, I know he usually works this side of the street. Still he can at least appear and give you the office number, as I haven't got a scooby what it is :P )

I'll let her answer that one .. if only you knew .. :D

Shush you ;) Or no Costa for you at ET4!!!

*BUMP*!

I suspect you'd be best off ringing the office on this one. (Apologies to DavidB, I know he usually works this side of the street. Still he can at least appear and give you the office number, as I haven't got a scooby what it is :YAHOO: )

Thanks for the advice :YAHOO:

Sadly, Although I have a big gob generally :P:YAHOO: I loathe talking on the phone and get tongue tied and start rambling more than usual which is why I have avoided the phone so far. ^_^