Is there NO possible way for a refund?

EliciaCullen

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know u cant resell ur ticket ur self but what if u know someone with the same name as you who wanted to buy it off you? could u do this?

There's no selling of tickets outside of the official re-sell method.

but if u didnt sell it n just gave it to them coz u couldnt go - how would anyone know? i mean they have exactly the same name? not saying this is what i am doing just some else who is thinking about it - im soooo coming!!!!!

Right I'm going to get killed for this..but.

Booking for just one guest is silly. I understand how one guest can be the reason you want to book and that perhaps they're the one you're most excited about, but going for them alone is nuts. Because if they cancel you're screwed. It's pretty much a given guests will cancel if something comes up. If you pay so much money and book for a weekend away you really should only do it for the event as a whole. You've got the right to be disappointed but...what you said is a bit silly.

*prepares to die*...I love you all.

Unfortunately, the logical conclusion of your argument is that, if there's only one person at an event that you want to meet, you shouldn't bother going just in case they cancel. Now that's silly.

But I see your point. Unfortunately, in my case, there were 3 people I wanted to meet - and they've all cancelled. C'est la vie. :D

• Moderators

but if u didnt sell it n just gave it to them coz u couldnt go - how would anyone know? i mean they have exactly the same name? not saying this is what i am doing just some else who is thinking about it - im soooo coming!!!!!

I don't really think anyone should be looking for sneaky ways around it. The rules are there for a reason. Everyone knows them when they purchase so they should respect them.

Unfortunately, the logical conclusion of your argument is that, if there's only one person at an event that you want to meet, you shouldn't bother going just in case they cancel. Now that's silly.

But I see your point. Unfortunately, in my case, there were 3 people I wanted to meet - and they've all cancelled. C'est la vie. :D

It's definitely something we try to advise against, but in the end it is an individual choice. All we can do is advise and then someone has to weigh up the options and take a risk if they choose to.

It's not so bad at a signing event - we'll advise to book refundable rooms etc so that most costs won't occur. The weekend cons have bigger bulk expenses though that generally people can't get back.

im sorry i didnt read all 11 pages here but

just come anyway, im on my own so i was ummin an arrin about it, but if i was to just throw my money away id regret it after, so im just gonna come down try an get me autos an photos in the one day sit through talks an go home

im positive we wont be the only ones on our own so whys it matter??

:)

im not going to lie and say im not dissapointed about the cancellations because i totally am lol (I'm a fan of the vamps and kinda don't like the wolves so you can see why maybe? lol)

However I am still really excited to be going because i get to see my friends again :poki: I will also be meeting a friend i've had online for over a year now and sharing a room with her and her unborn baby (sooooo excited!) We got married on imdb yet we still havent met... i mean how crazy is that? Im also meeting another online friend from outside of these boards that i met already and she's awesome and then i'm meeting another 2 online friends i recently made in the fanfiction side of the fandom :)

Im also loooking forward to seeing the friends i made at the last con :)

However i will admit i wish i hadnt gone silver =/ i've paid £155 (thats right isnt it... i cant even remember lol) to meet up with friends 0_o But i'll just get over it i guess lol I also hold out hope for a vampire replacement for Peter.... if it's another wolf things my get thrown around my room and a twitter rant may happen.... but even then i'd still be excited to be going lmao

Edited by bfsfreakaof

I had hoped to meet a friend from the FanFic world but she's not going to make it. I wouldn't have even known about ET4 without her. Oh well I'm still going. If I have to be a party of one, I'm totally making the best of this. But in true me fashion...I've taking to stalking a few peep on here, so at least I can say I know someone. Can't wait.

I had hoped to meet a friend from the FanFic world but she's not going to make it. I wouldn't have even known about ET4 without her. Oh well I'm still going. If I have to be a party of one, I'm totally making the best of this. But in true me fashion...I've taking to stalking a few peep on here, so at least I can say I know someone. Can't wait.

ooo you play in the fanfic world too? :) lol... you can stalk me if you want.... http://twitter.com/i_heart_the_doc i tweet alot :) and mostly about random crap but meh... whats the point of twitter if you aint talking rubbish?

im sorry i didnt read all 11 pages here but

just come anyway, im on my own so i was ummin an arrin about it, but if i was to just throw my money away id regret it after, so im just gonna come down try an get me autos an photos in the one day sit through talks an go home

im positive we wont be the only ones on our own so whys it matter??

:)

absolutely, even on your own, there are so many nice attendees, you are bound to get chatting to everyone.

I do have to say though, it is a very busy con and probably the largest of Massive events weekend cons. Mark (who IS massive events) came on recently and said it is very difficult to get all autos and photos in one day due to the size of the con.

Do tell a crew member though and they will try and get you through as many of them as possible.

The other thing is, the way the talks are set up, they will be different on the Saturday to the Sunday. eg different guests together or individual talks. They change the groupings of the guests too.

Especially as the last talk on the sunday is often a group talk with everybody, and even if the guests hadnt met each other before, they have spent all weekend in each others company and therefore often the banter is more relaxed and jokey.

Just wanted to let you know that there is still loads to come for even if a particular guest is no longer able to come, it is a Twilight con, and you will be immersed in "all things twilight" for the whole weekend :poki: