Seriously considering...

dreximgirl

Hey guys,

I am seriously considering coming to this. I don't think I can miss the chance to meet Peter Facinelli!

I've done the Hubs and Chevrons before but this would be my first Twilight one. Is it scarily busier than the others? Because it sounds like it is.

I tend not to do the parties as it's not something I overly enjoy - it's all about the autographs, photos and talks for me.

I am waiting on a reply regarding a room share but if that falls through if anybody is up for sharing please let me know. (I am a 27 year old female)

Hey guys,

I am seriously considering coming to this. I don't think I can miss the chance to meet Peter Facinelli!

I've done the Hubs and Chevrons before but this would be my first Twilight one. Is it scarily busier than the others? Because it sounds like it is.

I tend not to do the parties as it's not something I overly enjoy - it's all about the autographs, photos and talks for me.

I am waiting on a reply regarding a room share but if that falls through if anybody is up for sharing please let me know. (I am a 27 year old female)

Hi, I'm 34 and have never been to anything like this before. This is my first one. I am bringing my daughter so don't have any space in our room- sorry. But hope you come along - I'm sure it'll be great :-)

Heey! I've only ever been to the Twilight cons so I don't really have anything to compare it to, yes it is rather busy (I think there'll be about 1000 of us?) but for someone who isn't overly keen on crowds I always have a wicked time! Plus the hotel is huuuge so we are all rather spaced out! :whistling:

• Moderators

Yes, these are by far the busiest conventions that Massive Events run, but it's never really crowded as the hotel's pretty huge :whistling:

And everything is organised well to cope with the numbers, so it generally runs smoothly!

Hey guys,

So far, ET3 is the only con I've been to, although I'll be at ET4 and HW2. I went to ET3 with supajulz and vikki407 and found it busy, but not excessively so. It's well enough organised that the main hall is the only place that everyone gets together at the one time.

I decided just to throw myself into the whole convention experience and won a guest encounter with Tinsel Korey (who is sooo lovely) and basically had a blast. I can thoroughly recommend it.

I started out with the Hubs (and indeed am here because I cannot possibly miss out on Peter!) and I think the atmosphere is very different, purely by virtue of the types of crowds they both attract. Particularly at the parties but you said you don't care about those anyway. But I have a blast with both, the Twi-cons are absolutely fantastic and I would highly recommend you acquire a ticket! :)

I'd never done an ME event before Birmingham Proms last year but had done other hotel based cons by other companies and gotta say I found the ME events to be the best and most organised. Compared to Proms (which only had around 300 people) ET3 was extremely busy but it was an absolutely fantastic event and I enjoyed every minute of it. I didn't really do the talks as wasn't feeling to great that weekend but luckily my friends went and kept me updated on what went on.

A lovely extra at ET3 for me was John Henson and Richelle Mead. John's costumes were amazing and Richelle was lovely think it would have been awesome if Richelle had been able to do a talk aswell.

The parties are awesome as they are a great way to wind down after a somewhat hectic day of autos/photoshoots/talks and definately a good way to meet people. Most of the meeting people happened just outside the doors as it was quite dark and loud in the actual room but ME always strive to make the rooms look like the party themes and always have some fun extras (bull/sheep brono type thing, fun fair games, bouncy castle to name a few)

If you're considering it you should definately come as I believe you will have a fantastic time!

When they said during a talk the amount of people that were at ET3 I couldn't believe there were that many. It was busy, but it was so spread out it was barely crowded at all. So I'd call it busy...but not scarily so :)

Well Jamie thought there was only 300 people...haha bless him :P

I've only been to ET3 (with my mum, I had no friends here then... :wub: ) and I had a great time , even when I didn't go to the parties and I didn't have anyone except my mum :wub:

This time I am going to the parties and I have made looaddss of friends so I expect ET4 will be sooo much better.

It's good to make friends before you come because then you have loads of people to talk to and party with :thumbup:

Defo get a ticket! :)

can't wait :WINCE:

Jamie and Kiowa were by far my fave guests :thumbup:

Edited by HohoCullen

Though you can always make friends there! Before Proms I didn't know anyone really, and just got talking to people in the queues/bar/talks :)

Good point, well made :)

I'm just too shy to talk to people face to face unless I've talked to them before... :clap: but thats just me :)