Party Music

Big_Pants

A few weeks ago Gandalfia and Persnickity came round my house for a day of True Blood viewing and high fat food. Conversation naturally turned to Bitten and the parties. We all agreed that we want the music at the parties to match the themes. I feel conventions lend themselves to total immersion in the show and having so called "con songs" distracts from that somewhat. I can't picture walking into Fangtasia, surrounded by fangbangers and vampires and hearing Saturday Night by Whigfield or Star Trekking *shudder* So we wrote a list of bands that we thought would be essential for Fangtasia to set the scene:

Marilyn Manson

Nine Inch Nails

Depeche Mode

Blue Oyster Cult

A.F.I

Alice In Chains

Black Sabbath

Deftones

Faith No More

Interpol

Iron Maiden

Linkin Park

Metallica

New Order

Sisters of Mercy

The Cult

The Cure

Placebo

Rage Against The Machine

The Rolling Stones

Smashing Pumpkins

For Rene and Arlenes engagement party we really want some bluegrass stuff and frankly I haven't a clue about the Decendants of the Glorious Dead party lol.

So what do you guys think? Feel free to add some suggestions, lets make these the best parties we can.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget Jace Everrett!!! :D

I'd be more than happy with rock/alternative/country :)

Maybe for the decendents party we should only be allowed music performed by dead artists: elvis, michael Jackson, john Lennon etc...

Arlene's Engagement Pary

Shania Twain

Kimber Clayton

Rock Sham - I'll Tell Me Ma - Classic. lol

Cotton Eye Joe - when everyones getting drunk. lol

Jace Everett

Garth Brooks

and stick some pop in there to keep people happy

I've got some linedance albums if you want to borrow them! lol

Night at Fangtasia

Nickleback

Bowling for Soup

Bon Jovi - just for fun :P

Sunday Night

EVERYTHING THAT PEOPLE CAN DANCE TO WHILE WEARING HOOPED SKIRTS! lol :P

I can't pretend that I've heard songs from all of those bands (although I know and love several of them), but based on what I know of them, that sounds like a great playlist for the Saturday.

One thing I liked about Eclipse... er, one of the Eclipses (I think it was 3 but alcohol and senility have blurred the memories :P) is that the DJ played something for everyone. OK, as they were Heroes conventions and not particularly linked to a specific genre of music a fair amount of con cheese did feature, but he played some hard rock and metal too, which was a nice surprise. So, I wouldn't want to deny those who prefer the lighter stuff a bit of mainstream at some point. (Although not too cheesy: Saturday Night by Whigfield should be taken out back and shot and Star Trekking is a bit... manic.)

Going back to the playlist: given that the Heaven 17 version of Don't Fear The Reaper was playing when Bill first took Sookie to Fangtasia, I think that should be on there too. I know it's technically heresy to pick that over the BOC version, but it is quite danceable. I actually downloaded it on the strength of that episode!

Some other names which spring to mind, given what's already on there:

Siouxie and the Banshees

Evanescence

Disturbed

Breaking Benjamin

Rammstein

I can see Jace Everett's Bad Things going down well at the engagement party. [nod] Maybe some Dixie Chicks?

Sunday night's party is likely to be fairly quiet, given that a lot of people go home on the Sunday in my experience, so non-genre-specific music would probably be OK. Or, you know, classical. It's genteel, y'know.

Maybe for the decendents party we should only be allowed music performed by dead artists: elvis, michael Jackson, john Lennon etc...

Or that. :P

Cotton Eye Joe - when everyones getting drunk. lol

Trust me I'll NEED to be drunk if that comes on ha ha ha ha!

Absolutely LOVE the idea of dead artists at the Decendents party. Genius.

Wow!:P I had a genius idea :P

i can go to bed happy that I have reached my genius quota for today!

A few weeks ago Gandalfia and Persnickity came round my house for a day of True Blood viewing and high fat food. Conversation naturally turned to Bitten and the parties. We all agreed that we want the music at the parties to match the themes. I feel conventions lend themselves to total immersion in the show and having so called "con songs" distracts from that somewhat. I can't picture walking into Fangtasia, surrounded by fangbangers and vampires and hearing Saturday Night by Whigfield or Star Trekking *shudder* So we wrote a list of bands that we thought would be essential for Fangtasia to set the scene:

Marilyn Manson

Nine Inch Nails

Depeche Mode

Blue Oyster Cult

A.F.I

Alice In Chains

Black Sabbath

Deftones

Faith No More

Interpol

Iron Maiden

Linkin Park

Metallica

New Order

Sisters of Mercy

The Cult

The Cure

Placebo

Rage Against The Machine

The Rolling Stones

Smashing Pumpkins

For Rene and Arlenes engagement party we really want some bluegrass stuff and frankly I haven't a clue about the Decendants of the Glorious Dead party lol.

So what do you guys think? Feel free to add some suggestions, lets make these the best parties we can.

Bloody Bloody excellent listing :) YAY

Every episode is named after the song they have playing in in the closing credits... Ready made playlist! ;-P

I feel like I should have known that already! :P:P

and there's always the soundtracks too which are awesomeness. Listening courtesy of we7 right now :D

Fangtasia (awesome list up there!) I might add...

Lostprophets

The Offspring

The White Stripes

Them Crooked Vultures

Shinedown

No Dice

Mr. Big

Bad Religion

Arlene's Engagement party...

Willy Mason :D

The Gaslight Anthem...maybe? (Just to get them in somewhere xD)

Cotton Eye Joe at least has pretentions towards country music, but Steps? No-o-o-o-o-o-o! (Although, ahem, I quite like Tragedy, but not for this convention!)

:P

I used to do linedancing for over 18 years and one of the first dances they taught me was 5,6,7,8 lol

Linedancing was a great excersie and a laugh riot when everyone goes in different directions! - Just in case someone thinks I'm sad, I'm not - It was fun - they even did Gypsy from that "Irish Dancing - with The Feet of Flames bloke" album - which I really liked. :P

If were having 5,6,7,8 (I didn't even know there was a dance to it until I got taught it at ET3!) we might as well have achey breaky heart & hoedown throwdown too!

LOL! :P

ahhhh achy breaky heart :P lool never heard the other one! lmao

the other one is Miley Cyrus. It's from the Hannah Montana movie. I'd never heard of it or the dance til ET3 either!!!