Party Music

Big_Pants

Hahaha! I don't want steps, although I would be persuaded to dance to hoedown throwdown. Purely as it's the correct genre you understand ;)

^This.

Though I'd be disappointed in myself due to the fact that I would be able to do the hoedown throwdown. *hangs head in shame* xD

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cotton Eye Joe at least has pretensions towards country music, but Steps? No-o-o-o-o-o-o! (Although, ahem, I quite like Tragedy, but not for this convention!)

:wub:

I used to do linedancing for over 18 years and one of the first dances they taught me was 5,6,7,8 lol

Linedancing was a great excersie and a laugh riot when everyone goes in different directions! - Just in case someone thinks I'm sad, I'm not - It was fun - they even did Gypsy from that "Irish Dancing - with The Feet of Flames bloke" album - which I really liked. :P

Hee. Actually, I can see 5,6,7,8 going down well with a load of drunken revellers at Arlene's engagement party. Fair enough. (Get me sloshed enough and I'll dance to almost anything, let's face it. :D)

So looking forward to it all either way!

p.s. Michael Flatley is the Feet of Flames bloke, I think.

p.p.s. I was scrubbing the labels off my new shoes for Arlene's engagement party this morning and suddenly Cotton Eye Joe leapt into my head and now it won't go away. HALP.

Seriously, though, I'm so looking forward to these parties.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

I'm starting to wish I'd never started this thread...Steps and Miley?!!!! Good God I've created a monster. Lol.

Bad bad girl, its all your fault! :P

I am liking some of the choices for Saturday night. What about a bit of Seasick Steve for Friday night? :thumbup:

Hell yeah! he is awesome

Please can someone sneak some blink in there and I will be a happy bunny :D

I'm starting to wish I'd never started this thread...Steps and Miley?!!!! Good God I've created a monster. Lol.

Bad bad girl, its all your fault! :P

I am liking some of the choices for Saturday night. What about a bit of Seasick Steve for Friday night? :thumbup:

Hell yeah! he is awesome

Please can someone sneak some blink in there and I will be a happy bunny :D

are you coming now then?

Much to Big Pants disgust, I'm a huge fan of Girls Aloud and other bands BUT the idea of hearing them at the Fangtasia party fills me with rage!

Can't we have music that adds to the atmosphere of the party for at least 3 hours and then let everyone have everything else after? I bloody hate Marilyn Manson, but I know they will fit the party well!

I will kill a lot of people if S Club 7 are played around 8.30pm on Saturday night ... :D:D

Much to Big Pants disgust, I'm a huge fan of Girls Aloud and other bands BUT the idea of hearing them at the Fangtasia party fills me with rage!

Can't we have music that adds to the atmosphere of the party for at least 3 hours and then let everyone have everything else after? I bloody hate Marilyn Manson, but I know they will fit the party well!

I will kill a lot of people if S Club 7 are played around 8.30pm on Saturday night ... :D:D

This x 10000.

I will kill a lot of people if S Club 7 are played around 8.30pm on Saturday night ... :D:P

This x 10000.

Yeah i'd be joining in on that too...

Serious thumbs up for BigPants for starting up this thread. :D I live in hope of some serious Bluegrass for the engagement party - S CLUB 7 - NO!!!!!

:D:D:D

BUT i think that the parties would be so immensely better if you actually had music that would be played in Fangtastia. I want total immersion in the world of True Blood all weekend. TOTAL!!!

A few weeks ago Gandalfia and Persnickity came round my house for a day of True Blood viewing and high fat food. Conversation naturally turned to Bitten and the parties. We all agreed that we want the music at the parties to match the themes. I feel conventions lend themselves to total immersion in the show and having so called "con songs" distracts from that somewhat. I can't picture walking into Fangtasia, surrounded by fangbangers and vampires and hearing Saturday Night by Whigfield or Star Trekking *shudder* So we wrote a list of bands that we thought would be essential for Fangtasia to set the scene:

Marilyn Manson

Nine Inch Nails

Depeche Mode

Blue Oyster Cult

A.F.I

Alice In Chains

Black Sabbath

Deftones

Faith No More

Interpol

Iron Maiden

Linkin Park

Metallica

New Order

Sisters of Mercy

The Cult

The Cure

Placebo

Rage Against The Machine

The Rolling Stones

Smashing Pumpkins

For Rene and Arlenes engagement party we really want some bluegrass stuff and frankly I haven't a clue about the Decendants of the Glorious Dead party lol.

So what do you guys think? Feel free to add some suggestions, lets make these the best parties we can.

why have I not seen this before?! you have just listed most of my favourite bands there I said in another thread that the saturday night should have goth/rock/metal music so I'm totally up for this! I hardly ever get up and dance at the parties unless I'm wasted but if we had music like this I so would!

but can I add to the list of a few others you have missed out!

Korn

Avenged Sevenfold

Orgy (their cover of Blue Monday will have everyone dancing!)

Birthday Massacre

HIM

A Perfect Circle

Rob Zombie

Snake River Conspiracy (their cover of Love song by the Cure)

Motley Crue

Slipknot

30 Seconds to Mars

Anberlin (their cover of New Faith)

theres more I'd add but I'm sure no one would have heard of them!

and maybe get some songs thats rock bands have covered so people who dont listen to rock will still know the song?!

Some Orgy songs would be good for the party, they had a couple of pretty good songs. Haven't listened to them in like 8 years or so though!

Can we also have the entire 'The Lost Boys' soundtrack? :D

yeah my favourite is stitches but also love opticon they have so many dancey songs!

lost boys sound track would be great oh and the queen of the damned soundtrack

I missed papa roach off that above list too!